Become a Patron!

X-Linx | Yocan's Magnetic-Connecting Tank and Tube Mod

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
X-Linx by Yocan

X-Linx%201.jpg

The X-Linx by Yocan is the first device in the e-cig industry that breaks up the 510 thread connection by using a magnetic connection instead. By using magnets, the tank and the battery are held together.

The innovative design of the X-Linx offers two types of replaceable atomizer Heads, which will cater to different vaping experiences. One is a 1.0Ω OCC Head, which is great for mouth-to-lung inhales, and the other is a 0.5Ω OCC Head, for those who enjoy direct lung inhales with lots of vapor and excellent flavor.

Cool Silent Video Animation showing some X-Linx Details

Package content

1x X-Linx Tank (Pyrex Glass Tube, 3ml Capacity)
1x 0.5Ω OCC Head (installed in the Tank)
1x 1.0Ω OCC Head
1x X-Linx 2200mAh Battery
1x Retractable USB to Micro USB Charging Cable
1x 510 Thread Adapter for the Tank
1x User Manual

The X-Linx was first sent to me by Yocan in the Prototype stage for testing. I checked every detail I could about the system and reported my findings to them. I was especially curious about how well this new magnetic connection system may fare with Voltage Drop, since it does not use a 510-threaded connection. I took a Head apart, pulled the 0.5Ω Coil, and attached a 22 AWG wire to the Plus Pin. I screwed the Head into the X-Link Tank Base and mounted it on the Battery. I took a Voltage reading on a freshly charged X-Linx battery with no load, then I connected the 0.5Ω Coil and took another Voltage reading while firing the setup, and used this crude method to calculate the Voltage Drop of the system. It was rather high.

I reported this to Yocan and told them that this could be due to several factors. Every time there is a metal-to-metal connection, there is a small Voltage drop. Between Press-fit parts, soldered wires to boards, between the magnets and the press-fit contact to the Battery Tube, same with the Atomizer, where the Plus Pins touch, and also where the magnets themselves contact to make the electrical ground connection between the Battery Tube and Atomizer. The quality and ratings of the actual battery used could have been a culprit as well. I asked them to look at these areas to minimize Voltage Drops.

On my Prototype, the Atomizer Tank wobbled in the Battery Tube connection area. I thought that could be improved. The cutout in the Battery Tube for the Micro USB Port and/or the mounting of the USB Port inside needed work. Plugging in a Charging Cable was difficult on mine. All in all, there were 4 things I suggested improvements on. Yocan took the suggestions of all of the Beta Testers into consideration and released an outstanding product that really amazed me with its performance. :thumb: I made a Video Review of the X-Linx, if you would care to see it.

The X-Linx works like a Mech Mod, but it has a Control Board with a 5-Click On/Off, a lighted Vape Button with situation indications (covered in the Manual), Micro USB Charging, and several Safety and Protection Features (also covered in the Manual). It has a built-in (non-replaceable) 2200mAh Battery, making it Safe for anyone, as you cannot insert battery that is not properly rated for the device. This should attract people who want to try a Mech and Sub Ohm vaping, but don't want to study all the Battery Safety issues or build their own Coils. However, it is a quality device that Veteran Vapers should be interesting as well. An RBA Section might be available later.

The Tank has a 0.5Ω OCC Head installed and the Kit includes a 1.0Ω OCC Head (rated at 15W to 25W), a Pyrex Glass Drip Tip, a Micro USB Charging Cable, and a 510-to-Magnetic Base Adapter for the Atomizer Tank. A Charger is not included, but the X-Linx can be charged from a computer USB Port or any Wall Wart USB Charger with an out from 1 to 2 Amps (1000mA to 2000mA). Another great feature of the X-Linx is that it can be used as a Passthrough, meaning that you can Vape while Charging. :w00t:

NOTE:
The 0.5Ω OCC Head is rated at 20W to 150W, but the X-Linx Battery is not rated at 150W!!! This Head will perform at about 30W on the X-Linx system. The X-Linx Atomizer Tank and the 0.5Ω OCC Head may be used at up to 150W via the 510 Adapter on another Mod device. The 0.1Ω Head will operate at about 16W. The X-Linx will operate at about 70W with the available 0.2Ω OCC Head.

When I received the final release version of the X-Linx, I was excited to see what Yocan had done. They used my suggestions and created an absolutely amazing 20mm tube PV system!!! The Pyrex Glass Tank has a 3ml capacity. The 0.5Ω Heads runs at about 30 Watts with the battery fully charged. The vapor is great, but the flavor is amazing!!! One reviewer said it rivals a Kanger SubTank. The X-Linx was designed with competition to the Joytech eGo ONE in mind. I was blown away by the performance of final version!!! It is so much fun and so very exciting to be part of a Prototype process as a Beta Tester when the manufacturer releases a product like this!!! And the innovation of the Magnetic Connection is not just a gimmick. It works great, the magnets are very strong, and the device performs and feels like a 510-connected system now.

The Atomizer Tank has much greater Airflow that the Ego ONE, and the overall performance is much better. The X-Linx Atomizer Tank with a 510 Adapter can be purchased separately as well. The Heads that are available are listed here. A 0.2Ω OCC Head is not included in the Kit, but they are available.

X-Linx%202.jpg

X-Linx%203.jpg

X-Linx%203a.jpg

X-Linx%204.jpg

X-Linx%204a.jpg

X-Linx%205.jpg

X-Linx%206.jpg

X-Linx%207.jpg

X-Linx%208.jpg

X-Linx%2011a.jpg

Colors: White, Blue, Black, and Silver
Orignal Yocan X-Linx E-Cigarette Kit-45.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
Yocan X-Linx Sub Ohm for Eliquid ** Now in stock ** – VacaVapes
Yocan X-Linx – Smoke Brain
For Favotank Heads, contact HS Imports: Aron. Phone 209-482-5909 (in California, USA)
Wholesale Business: [email protected]

OCC Heads available are 0.2Ω, 0.5Ω, and 1.0Ω
Please check with your Vendor or Distributor for Heads.
They may be obtained directly from Yocan as well.

Vivian Hu - Sales Manager
Shengen Yocan Technology Co., Ltd.
Professional E-Cigarette Manufacturer
Mobile: 0086-159-89897429

yocan.vivian (Skype)
YocanVapor (Twitter)
Vapor Yocan | Facebook
Yocan | Electronic Cigarettes Manufacturer

Business support: [email protected]
After-sale service: [email protected]
Cooperation: For any cooperation projects like reviews, trade show invitation, please contact: [email protected]
TEL: 0086-755-89495615
FAX: 0086-755-27530764

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Note:

I am happily using the Sigelei 150W with the 0.357Ω Quad Coil build in the EHPro 26650 Tobh at 50 Watts. :) Great battery life, too!!! The Sigelei 150W is very efficient!

I have looked at the numbers on the screen while making Wattage adjustments to see where the Voltage shows a digit change. Since the readout only shows tenths, like 5,2V, instead of 5.24V, I adjust the Wattage up until it changes from, say, 5.1V to 5.2V and look at the Wattage. Then I use the formula:

(V)² / W = Ω​

to calculate the Ohms that the Sigelei 150W is using. That is, the Ohms that the Mod is reading for the Coil.

Apparently, the Sigelei 150W is reading my 0.375Ω build as 0.388Ω. This is why I could not vape in my testing above 145W, as:

(V)² / Ω = W​

So looking this time at where it changes to 7.5V, for example, as I adjust the Wattage up, I get:

(7.5V)² / 0.388Ω = 149.97W​

My 0.388Ω calculation is an Average of having taken several readings and using the 1st formula listed above, but it works perfectly in the calculation example, so the Sigelei 150W is maxing out at 145W with that Quad Coil setup.

This is only a difference of 0.013Ω, but because Voltage is Squared, the Watts rise and fall exponentially as the resistance varies. It's just Math, but all VW devices set the Voltage to the Coil according to this formula when you set a particular Wattage, by placing its Ohms calculation into the formula. VW is basically a fancy way of doing VV.

For my next Hat Trick, I intend to build a 0.30Ω Quad Coil. Even if it is detected as 0.32Ω, that will be:

(V)² / Ω = W
(7.5V)² / 0.32Ω = 175.8W, which is over 150W.​

So the Sigelei 150W will set the Voltage according to this:

√(W * Ω) = V . . . That is, Square Root of (W * Ω) = V
√(150W * 0.32Ω) = 6.928V, which is well within range.​

The Amps would be:

V / Ω = A
6.928V / 0.32Ω = 21.65A, which should still be in a safe range for my batteries.

Note:
Solving for Ω in V / Ω = A we get Ω = V / A. The Sigelei 150W uses this to calculate Ohms.​

Guess I'll see if I notice a difference in the vape between 145W and 150W, looking for a Max Amp limitation. I really wish a Max Output Amps spec had been provided!

Wow! Check this out . . .

Mine says YH SX330 V8.05

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I called Sigelei USA to ask about Max Ohms and Max Output Amps, because they are not specified in the Manual. The phone was answered within 3 rings and I was immediately connected to a Tech.

Max Ohms = 3.0Ω
Ohms Range = 0.1Ω to 3.0Ω

Max Output Amps = Up to Battery Limits (Up to 40A on the SX 330)

Caution:
A 0.10Ω build will try to draw 38.73 Amps from your batteries at 150W. There is no such thing as an IMR with a Continuous Amp Rating over 30 Amps, and Pulse ratings are dangerous to use. A Series Battery setup will only give the Max Amps of one of the batteries in the matched set.

A 30 Amp build would be 0.17Ω (and you would have to be precise about it!!!), which would be 5.05V and draw 29.7A at 150W.

Added Note:
In Multiple Series Battery setups, the Voltage of one battery is multiplied by the number of batteries in the Stack, but the Amp rating of the Series Stack will stay the same as that of a single battery. The mAh rating of one battery will be the approximate mAh rating of the set, going very slightly higher as batteries are added.​

I was highly impressed by how quickly Sigelei answered the phone! The Operator (if you will) was very courteous and transferred me right away, and the Tech answered immediately. I was finished and had my answers in less than 3 minutes! :thumb:

Everything about Sigelei and this 150W Box Mod have impressed me, and so has Heaven Gifts.
thumbs.gif

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sigelei 150W has an authentic YiHi Chip, but I have read on the Internet that it is a modified version made for Sigelei, as it has a 7.5V Max Output and a VW range of 10W - 150W. Since the Internet is often full of "opinions", if you like, I could call Sigelei again and ask them specifically. However, when I called before, asking about Max Amps and Max Ohms, the Tech did refer to the "YiHi Specs". He said, "The YiHi Chip has a Max Amp Output of 40A."

I could "speculate" and say that the differences are made in the Firmware.

Mine says YH SX330 V8.05 when I test the Chip Authenticity and get the Chip Firmware version.

This is the Spec Sheet for the YiHiEcigar SX 330 V3S 150W:

YiHiEcigar SX330 V3S 150W

YiHiEcigar%20SX330%20V3S%20150W%20Spec.jpg

100%VG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed this in looking at the YiHi Specs. Sigelei could have given a USB Firmware Upgrade capability.
I don't know where the USB Port would fit, but the Chip is capable.

YiHiEcigar%20SX330%20V3S%20150W%20Missed%20Opportunity.jpg

VU Sponsors