Become a Patron!

X-Tank 4.0 Leaking Resolved

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do not know if anyone has gotten one of these, The X-Tank 4.0, the big yes a bit ugly bit kinda cool tank. Well I found it vaped good, but damn leaked like a sieve.

IMG_1089.jpg

Well I solved the problem, and if any of you out there have had the same issue, her is my solution. Min leaked badly from the bottom fill point, they say you can top fill this, but it is hella hard to do. What I found is that the o-ring in the bottom fill, where it is installed, does not seal worth a damn. see figure 2 of the illustration below, there is a stainless steel fill shaft, that you inject the juice into, this actually sits higher than pictured, I found if you place a drip tip o-ring around the tube and pot the cap back on this, it will not leak, mine has been sitting another 4.5 hours and not a drop has leaked... Hope this may be helpful...

X-TANK%20SCHEMATIC.jpg

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I have a leaky one too. I'll try this when I get home.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wanted one of these when a thread was posted on here for the group buy a few months ago, shortly after I head so many people complain about leaking and more so I decided not to get one...I still want one though, I know Ill get it to work!

Thanks for the Tip!

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine seems like it leaks from the 510 connection side however.
I even bought another to try (cheap enough) and same thing.

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, at first I thought the same, it has a slight lean to the 510, and when it leaks out it will seep to the and around the 510 connector, at least with mine that was happening..

VU Sponsors