Become a Patron!

x6 set up & protank mega issue

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone! I just joined this forum cuz it seems to be related mostly to what I am facing. I am currently using an X6 battery with a protank 3 and protank mega.

Protank 3 - 1.8ohm dual coil (with wick protruding out)
Protank Mega - 1.8ohm dual coil (New model with 2 holes at each side)

It appears that the old model vapes better. Not sure if it the tank that isnt giving a good density vape. So my question is:

1) What is the best ohm for my current set up?
2) It appears that with the mega, there seems to be some kind of oil condensing on the drip tip. or is there a leak? I have placed double the rubber rings on the atomiser. seems slightly better.. Could it be that the juice is seeping through the holes to the wick at a much faster rate than what is required?
3) Should I get a better battery such as the eleaf istick 50W?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone! I just joined this forum cuz it seems to be related mostly to what I am facing. I am currently using an X6 battery with a protank 3 and protank mega.

Protank 3 - 1.8ohm dual coil (with wick protruding out)
Protank Mega - 1.8ohm dual coil (New model with 2 holes at each side)

It appears that the old model vapes better. Not sure if it the tank that isnt giving a good density vape. So my question is:

1) What is the best ohm for my current set up?
2) It appears that with the mega, there seems to be some kind of oil condensing on the drip tip. or is there a leak? I have placed double the rubber rings on the atomiser. seems slightly better.. Could it be that the juice is seeping through the holes to the wick at a much faster rate than what is required?
3) Should I get a better battery such as the eleaf istick 50W?

Hi Moostatic....

Let me do my best to answer. Firstly your battery is a veriable voltage device, so what to you have it set on? I'd typically run a 1.8 coil at 4- 4.2 V in those tanks. As far as your mega drip tip - some condensation is normal. The iStick 30W device is a fine unit but I honestly can't compare it to the X6 you have as I've never used one.

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
Thanks RBVapes! The thing about the x6 battery that I've got is that it didn't come with a manual.. This ain't sure what voltage it is, meaning the 3 settings, I ain't sure which voltage comes first, the lowest one or the highest one. Tried vaping to find out the strength by the amount of vapor produced, but seems to be similar across..
The mega drip tip condensation seems like a huge issue to me. Am afraid that the liquid might just shoot up.. I really suspect that the liquid is flowing too much via the 2 small holes at each side.
I am using hangsen ejuice at the moment and it appears that different juice has got different vapor production even though hangsen liquids are like 50:50 vg and pg..

moostatic

Member For 4 Years
This is getting really frustrating.. I am currently vaping off quite ok using my protank 3 mini.. However with protank mega it's gurgling quite often and the vapor production is terrible. I would suspect the low vap production is due to the coil being flooded? This is a dual coil upgraded model with the 2 holes at each side. I tried the atomizer with the protank 3 and it gurgled as well. Used a new atomizer and the same shit happened.. Now I'm not sure if it's the coil that's causing the leaking or the mega..
Help needed guys..

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look on fasttech...they sell the x6 and it will tell you the 3 voltage ratings.

Becuase its only a variable voltage device you overall vape will be based on the ohms you select for your coils...x amount of ohms at x amount of voltage will equal x amount of wattage you are getting to your coils....i believe 1.8 ohm at 4.2v is just over 8 watts of power which is pretty much about where you will find the best vape with that style tank.

VU Sponsors