Become a Patron!

Xcube2 firmware update. Anyone else having issues

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was able to do the first couple fine. The "new" firmware upgrade tool never worked for me (says "success" but doesnt take), but I've had no issues using the old one till now. I try to connect and it says "invalid chip ID" and fails to connect. Anyone with a similar experience (preferably with a solution) I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same problems plus I paid extra since I want to use the Ti01 Titanium wires, that too failed. It won't let me use the Ti01 option, I can only use Ni200 wires with temperature control mode. So now I'm stuck with firmware version 1.091 instead of the latest one. I have a friend who's quite an expert at this and he told me to wait for ver 2. Also, the new "beta" upgrade tool ain't working for me even when it said "passed".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had the same problems plus I paid extra since I want to use the Ti01 Titanium wires, that too failed. It won't let me use the Ti01 option, I can only use Ni200 wires with temperature control mode. So now I'm stuck with firmware version 1.091 instead of the latest one. I have a friend who's quite an expert at this and he told me to wait for ver 2. Also, the new "beta" upgrade tool ain't working for me even when it said "passed".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no problems restoring the purchases for SS and Ti. They get deleted every time you update the app or the mod. But in "upgradation" you can click them to restore and they don't charge again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theycallmehydro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up mine about 3 days ago and haven't updated it at all. Is it better if I don't update it for a while? Or should I go ahead and update it?

VU Sponsors