Become a Patron!

XTAR 18650 2600mAh 30A VTC5

Dchap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone see or tested out the XTAR 18650 2600mAh 30A VTC5. I searched the form and did not see anything about them.

Dchap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea same site..... Oh well maybe a good one would have to test it.

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what i have heard they are good batteries. I only have xtar chargers and they work great!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of these but looks to me to be a Sony VTC5. Including all the numbers in the picture and the prefix 'SE' (Sony Electronics)....just saying

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Xtar rewraps other manufacturer cells much like Efest and AW. The difference being they are up front about what's inside. These flatly claim to be Sony VTC5's. The only question is if you believe them to be genuine. I haven't heard anything to indicate they aren't. Xtar doesn't seem to be wizards at marketing as witnessed by the fact that their batteries aren't everywhere you look. I find it less likely that someone with their core business in making chargers would market fakes than say some clown on Ebay. It is an average price for VTC5's but they are, for now, available.

Dchap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True they are available, for now.

The picture shows a VTC5 in it's original heat shrink. Considering they only exist on one retailer's website, I'm guessing it is a bad listing.

ToxicSludge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never used the xtar 18650's,but I do use their 18350's.I bought four of them.I stack two into my Vamo V5 and they rock,and they last longer then any of the 18650's that I have.I also have their two bay charger that is in constant use,for 2 or more years.Imho,all good stuff.

I've never used the xtar 18650's,but I do use their 18350's.I bought four of them.I stack two into my Vamo V5 and they rock,and they last longer then any of the 18650's that I have.I also have their two bay charger that is in constant use,for 2 or more years.Imho,all good stuff.

I'm not doubting this has worked for you, but from a safety standpoint I'd recommend against stacking two batteries - just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a couple of the Xtar VTC5's from Battery Junction a few days back. I believe they are legit. Time will tell.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that the Xtar VTC5's are quite likely genuine. Let us know what you think when they come in and get to use them a bit.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is an old thread but thought I'd give it a try and see if anyone would know if this company is for real with their Sony vtc5's,
http://infinitevapor.com/sony-18650-vtc5-2600mah/
Emailed them and their reply said they bought the last 90 from Efest seems like their truthful but I can't still help but wonder and not really up to taking a chance.

VU Sponsors