Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Gave ya a reviewer badge.

beckdg

Member For 4 Years
Very thorough. Great info.

Q: The PC port - was that a usb 3.0 port?

I ask because that illustrates well what happens when we plug our modern, power hungry devices into our PCs and the inherent dangers of current limiting failure inside the PC. Some folks spew off the differences between data transfer current and power source current and the ability of a PC port to current limit to save it's own patootey. I say it's best to not depend on that and risk your PC when a proper wall wart or car adapter power supply is only about $15.

Tapatyped

This is a good review I've always been careful about using a proper charger to help out my batteries I'm still using on the VP2 by Xtar but looks like I might need to upgrade to the VC2 I've always liked how Xtar has always giving me the option of charging amperage going into the battery I almost always use the 0.25a setting to charge the batteries because I usually will just pop them in at bedtime
This just solidifies my choice with using Xtar
Great Vid Thanks Vic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaping With Vic

Silver Contributor
Show Host
Reviewer
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yup, very true beckdg, thats why i put a lot of emphasis on a smartphone wall charger or even a cheap little USB power hub instead of putting it into a USB port. USB 3 "technically" can handle up to 1 amp on the USB rail, but the problem with that is one of power supplies, can the motherboard rail pump out that full 1 amp without cutting back on the supply to the motherboard? Too risky...

I had it plugged into a USB 2 port at the front of the case, all my USB 3 ports are at the back of the tower.

beckdg

Member For 4 Years
Agreed... completely... One thing these convos constantly ignore is the vast array of hardware configurations that lead to that usb port and what a failure here can lead to there...

I tried nearly a year ago to explain that with a 2600mah cell and a 2.5 hr rated charge time, the mvp specs out at roughly 1 amp charging (or closer to .8 if you account for cc/cv algorhythm allotting 1A @ 4V from a 5V source, plus difference between rated capacity vs. usable, etc.)

Nobody wanted to hear their usb1 and usb 2.0 ports weren't made for that and they were risking their motherboards thinking otherwise. They just wanted to vape pass through while charging, uploading pics and posting. Doh!

Tapatyped

VU Sponsors