Become a Patron!

Xtar vc4 charger question

dlcountpau

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello experts, i have a small question pls...

Im using a LG HG2 battery and xtar vc4 charge. I know that the lg is 3000mah but after fully charging the battery it doesnt show 3000mah in the charger display, should i be expecting for it to display as 3000mah when full charge?

68a443c7467756bd454fc12f85656e52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully not. The mah reading is the amount you put back into the battery. If the battery is only half depleted, then it should show somewhere around half the mah capacity of the battery. The higher the reading when fully charged, the lower the battery was discharged.

It's better for your batteries if you recharge them early rather than using them all the way to a completely discharged state. Regulated mods will refuse to operate if the battery gets too low; the actual point a device calls a battery discharged varies, so even if the mod shuts off you will probably not drain the battery completely.

dlcountpau

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks
I thought of that too...just needed an expert opinion
I usually charge my batt at around 3.6-3.7v

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're charging a 3000mAh battery at 3.6-3.7, 1500+ mAh is exactly where it's supposed to be.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The snapshot shows the third battery as 159mah. It just didn't capture the last digit right? As if it is really 159mah that wouldn't be good. But 1597mah would be. And say, I have two XTAR VC4 myself (I love them). And yours is saying it is only charging them at 100ma. That takes forever charging that slow. Are you using a computer for power? I know they don't normally include an AC adapter, but they do sell one for $6.99 with free shipping. That will let you charge two batteries at 1A each. Or four at 500ma. Their site is down for me right now, but here is the link.

https://www.xtardirect.com/

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3000 mah is a rating. Like everything else electronic, its not going to reflect real world usage. Running it fully dead should yield ~ 3000 mah. We don't kill them that hard.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3000 mah is a rating. Like everything else electronic, its not going to reflect real world usage. Running it fully dead should yield ~ 3000 mah. We don't kill them that hard.
You know I left three Ni-MH Eneloops in a Kaito radio and even off, it drains the battery for the clock and timers after a few months of sitting. When I checked them after sitting so long and they were flat dead. Oh well... threw them on the charger and the charger put in over 3000mah each and they are rated for only 1900mah each. That was weird.

dlcountpau

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys!
I always marry my batts. Im using rx200 thats why i always charge 3 batts. It usually takes overnight to get them full. I use my iphone adapter.

@BillW50 - yes, 4th digit wasnt captured in 3rd batt

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My G/F uses a 15 watt Segeli with the LG's I got her, and that thing runs them down to ~ 3.0 volts. At that level the 2500 mah LG's (well used BTW) will take around 1900-2000 mah to fill up...

VU Sponsors