Become a Patron!

XTAR VC4 compatible with 26650?

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,

I ordered 2pcs of Golisi 4300mah 26650 batterries. But the problem is I dont see 26650 batteries in the compatibility list of my charger.

Would you guys know if they're compatible with each other or would I have to purchase a new charger as well?

Here is a pic from Xtar's website:
ea1c3358a500916f24caeb2e51058118.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yes it is in the outer two bays only (VC4 box on the left)

43188B2B-4F80-4361-97AC-0E8A6F30A94D.jpeg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you very much, KingPin! For a while there I thought I needed a new charger as well.

Is the VC4 still a good charger or should I upgrade already?

I like it simple interface, plug and play and accurate cut off although I prefer a direct mains cable rather than USB and buy separate plug...I use the Xtar dragon these days but the VC4 is my back up if it craps out, it’s still a solid charger IMO

Don’t get caught up in these ones that offer 3A or more charging there’s really no need, if you want to prolong batteries for as long as possible 0.5/1A charging is all you need :)

Also refresh mode isn’t needed for Li-Ion they don’t suffer memory effect unless you are using it for Ni-MH and Ni-CD cells as well

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it simple interface, plug and play and accurate cut off although I prefer a direct mains cable rather than USB and buy separate plug...I use the Xtar dragon these days but the VC4 is my back up if it craps out, it’s still a solid charger IMO

Don’t get caught up in these ones that offer 3A or more charging there’s really no need, if you want to prolong batteries for as long as possible 0.5/1A charging is all you need :)

Also refresh mode isn’t needed for Li-Ion they don’t suffer memory effect unless you are using it for Ni-MH and Ni-CD cells as well

Okay, got it! I was thinking that with all these new types of batteries out, my charger may no longer be as efficient or may charge the cells incorrectly.

I'll happily keep using it, then. Thanks very much for the education!

VU Sponsors