Become a Patron!

Yellow cake (FW) burns

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello
When a new mixer I perched a 120 of yellow cake (FW) well it has been over 2 years now and tried it on my finger out of the bottle and the taste was ok then it felt like a burning on my tongue for less then a minute.
It is going down the drain what I want to know has any one else had this happen to them and are there any other flavors that go bad? I store all in a cool cellar in a closed cabinet.
Thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any and all flavors can go bad, same as any other food product. Yellow cake is one of those that doesn't fare well with age, I'm afraid. Mine turned nearly black after a couple of years, so it went down the drain too. I'm using Flavor Jungle yellow cake, tastes much better, and doesn't have all that sugar like the Flavor West variety.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There are a Lot of flavor Concentrates that will burn my tongue if I get any in my mouth, it doesn't matter if they are old or new, flavor concentrates can be very strong!!!

I would never suggest tasting a flavor concentrate directly, always dilute first!

I used to take off the dropper caps of flavoring bottles with my teeth, and Most flavorings will burn because they are Concentrated and need to be Diluted before consumption, even a taste test.

It has nothing to do with being Bad, it is just Strong! Don't dump it!!!

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FW Yellow Cake contains sugar syrup. I treat this one as a perishable and store it in the fridge, but I don't think that's connected to the burning on your tongue. Nearly all flavor concentrates have some degree of hotness when tasted undiluted. They are very very concentrated, not meant to be used full strength.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and I have never tasted a flavoring used for vaping without dilution.
Most would be unpleasant I suspect if tasted full strength.

I keep my flavorings either in the Fridge or the deep freezer.
Except for a few that I use weekly and some nic in a brown glass bottle.

note: TFA Brown Sugar extract is sugar and will crystallize in the freezer. A warm water bath and some shaking and it is fine again though.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As all have stated above, FW Yellow Cake contains Fructose, and is speculated to not be too awesome to inhale. I personally can't use it as it burns my throat and destroys my cotton and coils like no other.

VU Sponsors