Become a Patron!

Yes or no?

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2e7e6983d2359319a0184a857d96fb75.jpg

I'm trying to find out if this is correct or not... I noticed in some past posts that @Teresa P was talking about if it was USP something then it was OK but this doesn't say that... The only ingredient listed is Glycerin and the front says 100% Vegetable Glycerin. I got it from Whole Foods so it wasn't cheap but hey, if nothing else I've got alot of skin moisturizer

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2e7e6983d2359319a0184a857d96fb75.jpg

I'm trying to find out if this is correct or not... I noticed in some past posts that @Teresa P was talking about if it was USP something then it was OK but this doesn't say that... The only ingredient listed is Glycerin and the front says 100% Vegetable Glycerin. I got it from Whole Foods so it wasn't cheap but hey, if nothing else I've got alot of skin moisturizer
I would fear that it was VG but not consumable like the stuff they scrape off the walls .. I would not use it myself I remember a couple years ago when I got into DIY I almost bought some off the name VG without a USP stamp and at the last moment did not.. IMHO

wayne.walkerr

Member For 4 Years
I agree with @MrScaryZ. I wouldn't use it either. It's definitely safe, but not be worth vaping. You want to get VG that's at least USP FOOD GRADE, and not all VG is the same. Some VG has flavor muting properties because of impurities or the way it's "cleaned", and it can really affect flavor. I wrote a thing on this forum about VG brands you might wanna check out.

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I kinda got that feeling when I read that post earlier but I needed to double check just to make sure. Thanks for commenting and letting me know for sure.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a pinch if I've needed something off-the-shelf for personal use I've found USP glycerin at Rite Aid in the first aid section...

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see the phrase "food grade" hidden in that link. Skeptical. That's a huge selling point, and they don't put it on the front of the bottle?

VU Sponsors