Yet another do not buy recommendation from Mooch on an Ehpro Green/Black rewrap

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From ECR.
All credit to Mooch.

Bench Test Results: EHPRO Green-Black 3000mAh 40A 18650...a 15A battery, EHPRO says do not use with e-cigs! self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 9 hours ago by Mooch315

Bottom Line: EHPRO markets this cell to vapers but their web site clearly states it’s not meant for use with e-cigarettes and that it is a serious misuse of the cell. We’ve seen retail vendors do this, it’s just a standard liability statement, but when the battery wrapping company does this with their own cells then is it done at our expense?

What should we do when a company is willing to sell us something, pocket the profits, and then say not to use what we bought? If you didn’t buy direct from their web site you’d never know they say not to use with e-cigs. Just something to consider. This is different than what Sony and LG do as they do not market to vapers and they actively try to keep us from using their cells.

Since EHPRO does not want anyone to use this cell with any vaping device I am giving it a Do Not Buy recommendation.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I did indeed notice that the last LG batteries I purchased stated on the wrapper Not For Use In E-Cigarettes (or something very close to that).

Fine, LG and Sony have no doubt at the urging of their lawyers have legally covered their collective asses from those idiots that enjoy placing unprotected batteries in the same pant's pockets containing their care keys and loose change.

And at the same time are enjoying the income and profits provided by the Vaping community world wide.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But the difference is that Sony and LG actively do not sell to any vaping suppliers. All their batteries come to us thru other sources. Ehpro IS a vaping brand and supplier.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just all the more reason to only buy Sony, Samsung and LG. People are fucking stupid beyond all belief buying re-wrapped batteries when Authentic batteries are readily available.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just all the more reason to only buy Sony, Samsung and LG. People are fucking stupid beyond all belief buying re-wrapped batteries when Authentic batteries are readily available.

many are just ignorant.
They depend on vape shops.
Vapers are a minority and vapers on boards like this are an extreme minority of vapers in general.

Vape shops deserve the lions share of the blame.
And should be held accountable for any injuries or damages based on purchases or advice given by them.
They are in the vaping business and should know battery safety or not be in the business.
In my opinion any vape shop selling unsafe rewraps should not be in business.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
many are just ignorant.
They depend on vape shops.
Vapers are a minority and vapers on boards like this are an extreme minority of vapers in general.

Vape shops deserve the lions share of the blame.
And should be held accountable for any injuries or damages based on purchases or advice given by them.
They are in the vaping business and should know battery safety or not be in the business.
In my opinion any vape shop selling unsafe rewraps should not be in business.
When I go into B&M that is peddling eFest, Imren, etc I always make a comment on how irresponsible they are ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a few times that you need to get something on short notice.
I keep a minimum of 1 month ahead on all vaping supplies.
Right now I do not NEED to buy anything vaping related for at least a year.
Cotton, Wire Mixing supplies, batteries, etc all good.

LOL
However I did make a small order to FT last night and it shipped today :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep a minimum of 1 month ahead on all vaping supplies.
Right now I do not NEED to buy anything vaping related for at least a year.
Cotton, Wire Mixing supplies, batteries, etc all good.

LOL
However I did make a small order to FT last night and it shipped today :)
For me it's 99.99% juice that I need on short notice.

VU Sponsors