yet another do not buy recommendation from Mooch on an Ehpro rewrap

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This from a Mooch post on ECR.

All credit to Mooch.

Bench Test Results: EHPRO/Bootes Yellow-Black 3000mAh 60A 18650...only 20A-25A battery, EHPRO/Bootes says do not use with e-cigs, DO NOT BUY self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 12 hours ago by Mooch315

Bottom Line: EHPRO/Bootes (not the EHPRO e-cig company) markets this cell to vapers but their web site clearly states it’s not meant for use with e-cigarettes and that it is a serious misuse of the cell. We’ve seen retail vendors do this, it’s just a standard liability statement, but when the battery wrapping company does this with their own cells then is it done at our expense?

What should we do when a company is willing to sell us something, pocket the profits, and then say not to use what we bought? If you didn’t buy direct from their web site you’d never know they say not to use with e-cigs. Just something to consider. This is different than what Sony and LG do as they do not market to vapers and they actively try to keep us from using their cells.

Since EHPRO/Bootes does not want anyone to use this cell with any vaping device I am giving it a Do Not Buy recommendation.

On the wrap, in the tiniest lettering I’ve ever seen on a cell, it says it’s rated 35A continuous and 60A “max pulse discharge”.

Unfortunately, the 35A continuous rating is greatly exaggerated. This EHPRO/Bootes cell appears and performs identically to the 20A-25A Sony VTC6A.

I haven’t seen the datasheet for the VTC6A to know Sony’s ratings but EHPRO/Bootes’ claim of 35A is ridiculous. At that high a discharge current level this cell becomes hot enough to boil water.

VU Sponsors