Become a Patron!

Yet another slippery slope...

Greetings vapestas, (to coin a phrase)
Checking in from SE PA. I'm somewhat new to the vape scene. I've been dabbling for a few months now. Ok OK Lemmie cut the BS. I dove into this hobby head first and boy am I drowning in a sea of e juice. The mail came today, that makes 35 flavors on hand. few in comparison to some I'm sure. If I know me, I'll be joining the local VA 12 step group soon. Vapers Anonymous. (So much for lame attempt at humor) I'm a middle aged smoker of 32 years, and man, do/did I smoke. Everything from cigs and cigars, (My collection of fine stogies topped 1000 about 4 years ago and since then have been consumed) to pipe and bowls. These lungs of mine sure took a beating. My Daughter of 7 years is the inspiration behind my transformation. Quite frankly I used to look down my nose at the vaping community, checked you folks off as a bunch of wanna be smokers, with your cotton candy and bubble gum ejuice. HERE have a cigar, man up!!! cough cough cough. My step-son used to come 'round the house with his fancy looking mod, toting a 120 of Swedish fish. He said here pops, have a pull on this. (as I crushed out a Marlboro and sneered) "Well how do you work this thing" I questioned, He did a demo and then it was my turn. I took a hit off that sucker like it was prom night and we just scored a z of Purple Kush! I darn near coughed as hard too. There was something about that Swedish sweetness dancing around on my pallet that won me over. I'm a chef and my pallet is not easily impressed. However, I felt as if I might be on to something. After about a month of ruminating, I caved and bought a Kanger topbox mini. Then I discovered the vape channels on YouTube. And somewhere between Subohmn Boy, Rip Trippers and Chris of Indoor Smokers I found a shingle to hang my hat. I quickly took up coil building and outgrew my Kanger just as fast. I passed it on to my wife who absolutely loves it as well. I'm sporting a Smok Alien these days with 4 RDA's at my disposal. (somehow I feel 4 is just a starting point) I like a different build for each RDA and well I see my collection growing quite extensively if I hold true to form. And now I found you folks. I'm looking forward to snooping around, learning new stuff and sharing my new found passion with yall. See you in the forums!!!

Leggo my O's

Wayne

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Greetings vapestas, (to coin a phrase)
Checking in from SE PA. I'm somewhat new to the vape scene. I've been dabbling for a few months now. Ok OK Lemmie cut the BS. I dove into this hobby head first and boy am I drowning in a sea of e juice. The mail came today, that makes 35 flavors on hand. few in comparison to some I'm sure. If I know me, I'll be joining the local VA 12 step group soon. Vapers Anonymous. (So much for lame attempt at humor) I'm a middle aged smoker of 32 years, and man, do/did I smoke. Everything from cigs and cigars, (My collection of fine stogies topped 1000 about 4 years ago and since then have been consumed) to pipe and bowls. These lungs of mine sure took a beating. My Daughter of 7 years is the inspiration behind my transformation. Quite frankly I used to look down my nose at the vaping community, checked you folks off as a bunch of wanna be smokers, with your cotton candy and bubble gum ejuice. HERE have a cigar, man up!!! cough cough cough. My step-son used to come 'round the house with his fancy looking mod, toting a 120 of Swedish fish. He said here pops, have a pull on this. (as I crushed out a Marlboro and sneered) "Well how do you work this thing" I questioned, He did a demo and then it was my turn. I took a hit off that sucker like it was prom night and we just scored a z of Purple Kush! I darn near coughed as hard too. There was something about that Swedish sweetness dancing around on my pallet that won me over. I'm a chef and my pallet is not easily impressed. However, I felt as if I might be on to something. After about a month of ruminating, I caved and bought a Kanger topbox mini. Then I discovered the vape channels on YouTube. And somewhere between Subohmn Boy, Rip Trippers and Chris of Indoor Smokers I found a shingle to hang my hat. I quickly took up coil building and outgrew my Kanger just as fast. I passed it on to my wife who absolutely loves it as well. I'm sporting a Smok Alien these days with 4 RDA's at my disposal. (somehow I feel 4 is just a starting point) I like a different build for each RDA and well I see my collection growing quite extensively if I hold true to form. And now I found you folks. I'm looking forward to snooping around, learning new stuff and sharing my new found passion with yall. See you in the forums!!!

Leggo my O's

Wayne
Welcome Wayne, Nice to meet you!!:wave:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and agreed that 4 RDAs is an excellent starting point. My 4th one arrived yesterday in the mail, and I started vaping only 12 weeks ago.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome! There are sure helpers(enablers) here! Just check out the Vape Mail and Hand Check threads! You will find the posts on great sales of gear and eliquids too hard to ignore, hopefully saving you some money on your hobby!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Next comes making your own liquid. Much cheaper.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

VU Sponsors