Become a Patron!

Yet another smear campaign

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am so sick and tired of the greed of these fat cats out weighing the actual health of the people.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you look at what California and other states are doing with anti-vaping campaigns, you begin to see the root cause of these smear campaigns. It's money, pure and simple. California is losing tax dollars with each smoker who converts to vaping, Big tobacco is losing money, so is Big Pharma. States and the U.S. government would rather have people smoke and die earlier because it gives them taxes up front and then savings for social security payments later as people age and retire. States, the government, big tobacco, big pharma - they don't give a rats ass if people die from smoking, as long as they get their cut of the money spent by smokers, they are happy.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Money, control and we know best. Prop 65 tells the story in California.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually saw a news story recently that revealed that the financial aspect for states is even more complicated than it seems... apparently a lot of states sold their big tobacco settlement payments as bonds to investors and those bonds can only be repaid using tobacco sales tax money.

The hidden bonus is that those bonds contained toxic debt that must be repaid, so basically the states MUST have tobacco tax revenue in order to pay off the toxic debt rolled up into the bonds that they sold investors from future proceeds of the tobacco settlements.

http://www.propublica.org/article/h...deals-left-states-with-billions-in-toxic-debt

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been saying it for almost a year, after getting involved in vaping, that all the law changes and tax changes because of the vaping industry hurting the tobacco and states wallets.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
how else is commfornia gunna pay for all the illegal freebies after spending 856 million a year in stop smoking funds they spent else where?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It just really irritates me that big brother is always looking for another way to screw people to line their wallets. It's all unfounded bull shit and the non vaper/non smoker people believe it because its on the news. They refuse to believe real research because the uneducated masses believe the spoonful of shit the man feeds them. I'll always vape. I dont care if the make it illegal. I will never smoke again because it is going to kill me.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some people around me think vaping is just a fad. The tobacco company's don't think so. Which is why they are trying so hard to kill it off. All the health nonsense about vaping is propaganda created by big tobacco and the media which they pay off

VU Sponsors