Become a Patron!

Yet another TriBeCa clone.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
I am growing displeased about all those TriBeCa recipes that contain RY4 double and AP.
They all miss a certain something.
I am convinced that this certain something is HS RY3.

Here's the Rec:

0.5% Dark Tobacco (INW)
3.5% RY3 (HS)
0.25% RY4 (HS)
0.25% RY4 Double (TPA)
0.5% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) - Roasted, nutty, bready and yeasty
0.25% Trimethyl Pyrazine 10% (TPA) - Raw, musty, nutty, potato.
0.5% Hazelnut & Pralines (TPA)
1% Butterscotch (50/50 FW & TPA)
0.75% Ethyl Vanillin (10% solution)
0.5% Maltol (10% solution) - Powerful, warm, fruity,caramel sweet oder, fruity in dilution
0.35% Methyl Cyclopentenolone (10% solution) - CaramelIic, maple, sweet, burnt, coffee, bready nuances
0.15% Damascone Beta (10% solution) - A very powerful fruity floral note. a complex odor of rose, plum, blackcurrant, wine and tobacco

I am not even sure that I would include
0.25% RY4 (HS)
0.25% RY4 Double (TPA)
In my next version.

Any comments about how close this is to the original would be appreciated!

Thank you!

P.S.
I tried a version close to this before I got the RY3, I am now wondering if the additives will bury the RY3 flavoring. My last ver only had TPA RY4 double. Steeping this one now.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think what every Tribeca clone is missing is the chemically background. It's not bad I used to love it (maybe still would if it was higher vg) but there's a chemical type flavor in the backend that hasn't been reproduced AFAIK.
Is it their purity base? Idk but all clones are missing it

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Hey CurleyxCracker,

I agree with you!
Something could be missing here that is in the Halo base.
True that Halo is high PG, I am at about 50/50 now and want to lower my PG intake.
Halo presumably has several % alcohol, I want to eliminate that as well.

Perhaps you can get that chemical background note with the 10% dilutions of the TPA flavor molecules posted in the OP or with others of your own choosing.

In fact, that's why I posted this, to get your opinion and suggestions.

:)

Last edited:

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
i know the ingredients listed on Halo calls for Ry4,a hint of vanilla and a hint of caramel !!!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
'Good to see ya, Frosty and thanks for the contribution. I've got all the RYs and most of the flavors. Short on chems but am propitiously preparing an order. To clarify, that's Maltol, not Ethyl Maltol, correct?

VU Sponsors