https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok I must have misunderstood, I thhave get they were backing the v2 board down to 150w max. I would have had some renewed faith in the products accuracy above 100w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok I must have misunderstood, I thhave get they were backing the v2 board down to 150w max. I would have had some renewed faith in the products accuracy above 100w

Not sure what your thinking / saying so I'll try to clarify.

They published a firmware update for the SX350J-V2 board version 2.205 that does 200W that they use internally for benchmark testing etc. That firmware wasn't supposed to be released to the public so once they realized the error they removed it from the site, published the warning I posted and either have or will be publishing a corrected firmware version at 150W..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure what your thinking / saying so I'll try to clarify.

They published a firmware update for the SX350J-V2 board version 2.205 that does 200W that they use internally for benchmark testing etc. That firmware wasn't supposed to be released to the public so once they realized the error they removed it from the site, published the warning I posted and either have or will be publishing a corrected firmware version at 150W..
Ok, yeah... I have that crazy thought that 200w from 2 18650s wont really be sustainably accurate.
In a nutshell, I perceived the 200 w on two batteries as a quick comeback to the DNA at the expense of accuracy and to an extent safety.
Backing it down, renews my faith in the numbers. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both brands and not knocking them, just saying.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, yeah... I have that crazy thought that 200w from 2 18650s wont really be sustainably accurate.
In a nutshell, I perceived the 200 w on two batteries as a quick comeback to the DNA at the expense of accuracy and to an extent safety.
Backing it down, renews my faith in the numbers. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both brands and not knocking them, just saying.

There's really little association with accuracy and output power if the components are well designed and built to withstand the current. And apparently the V2 board is capable of 200W at least for testing purposes. I've briefly tested the ML at 100W using the SXI-Q curves so if I had dual batteries I could easily see it hit the 200W mark at least on the initial firing. Battery life would be terrible with dual 18650's if attempting to run there in power mode but that wouldn't take away from accuracy. Don't get me started on safety, there's so much misinformation on the forums but here's a link to a well known battery tester "Mooch" answer regarding safety. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...y-for-safety-rest.725997/page-8#post-17252547

IDK if they're trying to compete with DNA or not they already have so many 200W boards on the maket IPV3Li, now the IPV5 maybe some others I'm unaware of, I don't really see them having a similar mindset in their approach to e-cigs or who their market is. To me Yihi approach with things like resistance lock, menu system on board TCR adjustments, Preset modes makes me think they're thoughts are in ease of use and consistency. Evolv seems to approach it by trying to make their boards smart with things like refinement, auto kanthal coil detection (and sometimes other types incorrectly) and adding tools to configure the boards for different mod makers like mod analyzer, atomizer analyzer, battery analyzer etc..but don't have on board adjustments for key settings like Preheat and TCR adjustments so not necessarily easy to use or consistent.

That being said if they are trying to compete with DNA I don't think it's with the SX350J-V2 or ML series but possibly with the SX450 Q class.
With the new 200W SX450 Q class and a big beafy dual coil TC setup I think the 200W dual battery will actually work great as usually after coils are at temp we're probably running 15W-25W so battery life won't really be a problem even if set to 200J. But again if in Power mode battery life will be terrible if running high wattage. Add to that the variable SXI-Q curves, on board menu system and adjustments I think it will be a solid performer. I think the other reason for this particular device is many owners of the SXMini M have stated they wished the M had a better dual battery option than the dildo "battle axe" so I think Yihi listened to that and threw in a little more power to boot.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's really little association with accuracy and output power if the components are well designed and built to withstand the current. And apparently the V2 board is capable of 200W at least for testing purposes. I've briefly tested the ML at 100W using the SXI-Q curves so if I had dual batteries I could easily see it hit the 200W mark at least on the initial firing. Battery life would be terrible with dual 18650's if attempting to run there in power mode but that wouldn't take away from accuracy. Don't get me started on safety, there's so much misinformation on the forums but here's a link to a well known battery tester "Mooch" answer regarding safety. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...y-for-safety-rest.725997/page-8#post-17252547

IDK if they're trying to compete with DNA or not they already have so many 200W boards on the maket IPV3Li, now the IPV5 maybe some others I'm unaware of, I don't really see them having a similar mindset in their approach to e-cigs or who their market is. To me Yihi approach with things like resistance lock, menu system on board TCR adjustments, Preset modes makes me think they're thoughts are in ease of use and consistency. Evolv seems to approach it by trying to make their boards smart with things like refinement, auto kanthal coil detection (and sometimes other types incorrectly) and adding tools to configure the boards for different mod makers like mod analyzer, atomizer analyzer, battery analyzer etc..but don't have on board adjustments for key settings like Preheat and TCR adjustments so not necessarily easy to use or consistent.

That being said if they are trying to compete with DNA I don't think it's with the SX350J-V2 or ML series but possibly with the SX450 Q class.
With the new 200W SX450 Q class and a big beafy dual coil TC setup I think the 200W dual battery will actually work great as usually after coils are at temp we're probably running 15W-25W so battery life won't really be a problem even if set to 200J. But again if in Power mode battery life will be terrible if running high wattage. Add to that the variable SXI-Q curves, on board menu system and adjustments I think it will be a solid performer. I think the other reason for this particular device is many owners of the SXMini M have stated they wished the M had a better dual battery option than the dildo "battle axe" so I think Yihi listened to that and threw in a little more power to boot.
I agree with the battery life aspect, I was one on the jumping beans waiting.
That mod is also why I never did get an ml class. :)

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious, been having charge issue last month, where usb will not charge on ml, however software and firmware with computer connection work fine. Seems like a setting but can't find anything for life of me.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The setting doesn't exist. Yihi says not to use the usb to charge, only to update.
Time to charge outside the mod, lucky it still connects to your computer.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have lots of batteries and chargers, the convenience is needed sometimes. Time is always in a premium, probably will try and check out warranty options.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Appreciate, Will check out this week. 3 months no good, 6 will be OK.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Have lots of batteries and chargers, the convenience is needed sometimes. Time is always in a premium, probably will try and check out warranty options.

Just an FYI ... with ANY mod, unless it has an internal LiPo battery, it is always better to charge the batteries in a charger and not via USB. Convenience is one thing, but I would recommend ONLY charging any mod over USB when it's an "emergency" ... it reduces the wear and tear on the USB connector, which tends to be a big point of failure in many devices.

HTH!

VU Sponsors