Become a Patron!

Yihi sx Q Class Temperature Control

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Pretty much a newbie here.

So I need some help with the above, I recently purchased a lemo 3 and decided to try out the TC using the ss316l coil provided (one with larger wicking holes)

I have set the device to joules entered 0.00092 tcr value and locked my resistance.

What joules temperature should I be aiming for?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have that mod but based on many reviews I've watched, most generally in temp mode you don't lock the resistance, it'll defeat the purpose.
That being said, I say again I do not have that mod.
As for joules and temp, that'll depend on the outcome you are after.
Everyone likes a different temp.
I run between 480 and 520 in most cases.
The joules is the amount of power you'll be applying towards that temp.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yihi need to have the resistance locked and it needs to be cool. So not fired for a few minutes. Let a cool mod and cool atty be attached to each other for a few minutes to equalize each others temp to a common temp.
Yihi's chip is more sensitive than my other mod.

Temp is all up to personal preference but probably somewhere between 430° and 470°. Yihi seems to not need as high of a temp setting to get what you want.

Joules will depend on the resistance, higher Joules, lower resistance needs more joules (watts). Higher resistance doesn't need as much joules. Higher joules, faster it will get the coil up to your set temp. Think of joules as watts or the power the mod is putting out.

Don't have high enough joules, it will not have the power to reach your set temp. Like if your running a 0.25 ohm coil and you set temp to 500°, joules at 20 you may never reach 500° because it lacks the power to reach that temp. You will probably want around 50 - 60 joules for that resistance. Maybe 30 - 40 for a 0.5 resistance.

Dual coil at the same resistance will take higher joules than a single coil of the same resistance.

Once you get how the joules and temp work with each other it will be less of a mystery. Just think of joules as speed to temp and temp as just that... the ceiling that it will let the coil get to. Lower joules (within reason), slower ramp up time. Higher joules, faster ramp up time.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty much a newbie here.

So I need some help with the above, I recently purchased a lemo 3 and decided to try out the TC using the ss316l coil provided (one with larger wicking holes)

I have set the device to joules entered 0.00092 tcr value and locked my resistance.

What joules temperature should I be aiming for?

Thanks in advance

Like Para said, the settings all depend on how you like your vape. I own the IPV5 which uses a similar chip (Yihi) and with a duel coil RDA, I run it between 470-490 and usually around 70w. With a DNA I can run it at a much lower temp (420-450) and get a better vape. Remember, the wattage, or joules in the case of Yihi, will regulate how fast you get to your desired temp. So, just set it to something low, 40w / 400 degrees and work your way up or down till you find a sweet spot.

@Paratech - I might be wrong but I thought unlike Evolv and joyetech chips Yihi chips needed to have the resistance locked in for TC.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Case in point, skt is a 470 to 490 degree yihi vaper, I like it a little cooler :D Everyone's vape style is different. :cloud:

One thing to mention about too low joules not being able to reach your set temp... too high joules isn't a bad thing till you get to just way too much for the coil your using (like 75 with a 1.0 single coil). If you hear it rattlesnakeing too hard you have joules set too high. Like it's trying too hard to keep too much power down at your set temp. You may hear a little rattlesnake with a low coil resistance and high power but you'll know it when your joules are way too high.
Just take some out till it quiets down, take too much out it starts to ramp up too slow.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Case in point, skt is a 470 to 490 degree yihi vaper, I like it a little cooler :D Everyone's vape style is different. :cloud:

One thing to mention about too low joules not being able to reach your set temp... too high joules isn't a bad thing till you get to just way too much for the coil your using (like 75 with a 1.0 single coil). If you hear it rattlesnakeing too hard you have joules set too high. Like it's trying too hard to keep too much power down at your set temp. You may hear a little rattlesnake with a low coil resistance and high power but you'll know it when your joules are way too high.
Just take some out till it quiets down, take too much out it starts to ramp up too slow.
:cheers:

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the replies, very much appreciated.

I have settled at 38J at 425°F (for now)

I guess my next venture is building my own coils :s

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yihi need to have the resistance locked and it needs to be cool
@Paratech - I might be wrong but I thought unlike Evolv and joyetech chips Yihi chips needed to have the resistance locked in for TC.
I stand corrected, you are both right.
Had to get my IPV5 out to verify but you are indeed correct.
I error again.
I'll make more, lol

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Wow I can't believe how well these work in temperature control the flavour is amazing, really cool flavoursome vape!

So seeing as I dont want to tear down my lemo 3 to start building I need a new rta.

Can anyone suggest an all round rta bearing in mind stainless steel builds and temperature control and aimed more towards the beginner?

Cheers

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow I can't believe how well these work in temperature control the flavour is amazing, really cool flavoursome vape!

So seeing as I dont want to tear down my lemo 3 to start building I need a new rta.

Can anyone suggest an all round rta bearing in mind stainless steel builds and temperature control and aimed more towards the beginner?

Cheers

Just went through this looking for recommendations. Aromamizer Supreme was the all around favorite, and what I went with, and happy I did. BUT, it's probably too big for your mod. Assume you want need something 22mm, no?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe supreme lite or whatever the new 23mm supreme is?
I'm waiting for the goblin mini v3, should be available next week. Single & dual coil velocity style build deck for an easy build.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been really loving the Smok TF-RTA G2. Dirt simple to build and wick, flavor is outstanding compared to the TFV4, as good or better than the Griffin, top fill, proper juice flow control and flexible to a huge variety of vaping styles. (15-200+ watts)

It is also the most leak-proof tank I've ever owned.

If you are a MTL type, ignore this post. That being said, although designed as a rather airy tank, by lowering the coils, and closing the airflow, you can easily tame it down.

One of the biggest pluses is that you can remove both the base, and the deck, without draining the tank. Even if the tank is completly full.
And if as a new builder, and you are like I was, fixing your coils/wicks will be a frequent event in the beginning.

There are also other decks available. The G4 deck (4 coils) was not for me, but it was only $8 separately. There is supposed to be a single coil deck coming out soon, in which I'm very interested.

Last edited:

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Just went through this looking for recommendations. Aromamizer Supreme was the all around favorite, and what I went with, and happy I did. BUT, it's probably too big for your mod. Assume you want need something 22mm, no?
I like the look of this but your right 23mm is probaby as big as I would like to go.

Thank you for bringing this tank to my attention though.

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Just has a look at the goblin v3 looks good!

Ive heard good things about the smok TF-RTA and was just about to ask people opinions of the Griffin as there seems to be alot of people who favour this tank.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just has a look at the goblin v3 looks good!

Ive heard good things about the smok TF-RTA and was just about to ask people opinions of the Griffin as there seems to be alot of people who favour this tank.

If you like the goblin, check out the serpent mini.

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
After another couple of days trauling the internet I have scrapped the idea of an rta and just brought this Wismec Neutron rda.

95b067ab42bf8a575a21cfe8aa0672d4.jpg

I will update with my first impression later.

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
"Update"

This is my first dripper so obviously I can not compare much but having said that I can not fault it.

No bottom airflow so no leaking, velocity style deck and top aiflow work great.

I started with a simple dual coil setup ss316l 9 wraps came out at .29, although wicking needs improvement I'm more than happy with my first attempt.

Ended up towards 53 joules 555°F. I will have to try to put some twisted coils on next as the flavour or clouds weren't as good as I expected.

Open to suggestions!

Thanks

VU Sponsors