Become a Patron!

YiHi SX350J 150W Firmware Update

So I've had my Prelude Mod from All About Vapor here in Austin, TX for a little while now. It's built with the SX350J chip and it f'ing rocks.

It came with the 120W firmware installed on it and after the 150W update came out, I had to upgrade. After the upgrade, I noticed there were a few bugs, mainly while operating in Joules mode. Also, Bypass mode is no longer available, which is kind of interesting.

Just for kicks, I decided to put the 150W Boxer mod firmware on my SX350 because I read "bug fixes". You can download it from Ginger Vapor here: https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-firmware-150w-v2-2/https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-firmware-150w-v2-2/

Now everything works bug free now, and the Boxer logo loads on boot, but I still don't have Bypass mode. Kinda stumped but whatever. It's hard to complain too much about this mod :)

Has anyone else had issues upgrading to the sx350J 150W firmware or tried this before?

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    663.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 47

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You have to be in Power mode to select "Bypass". If you weren't able to select it your install may be bad, try refreshing it with the appropriate update.

Last edited:

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
AFAIK, there is no bypass mode available in series configuration, only in single battery/parallel configurations.

Are you sure about this?? I've never heard anyone state this before and I don't have an extension to verify. Also since Bypass mode goes to 85 watts I don't see how anyone could ever hope to get that with a single battery.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I've had my Prelude Mod from All About Vapor here in Austin, TX for a little while now. It's built with the SX350J chip and it f'ing rocks.

It came with the 120W firmware installed on it and after the 150W update came out, I had to upgrade. After the upgrade, I noticed there were a few bugs, mainly while operating in Joules mode. Also, Bypass mode is no longer available, which is kind of interesting.

Just for kicks, I decided to put the 150W Boxer mod firmware on my SX350 because I read "bug fixes". You can download it from Ginger Vapor here: https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-firmware-150w-v2-2/https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-firmware-150w-v2-2/

Now everything works bug free now, and the Boxer logo loads on boot, but I still don't have Bypass mode. Kinda stumped but whatever. It's hard to complain too much about this mod :)

Has anyone else had issues upgrading to the sx350J 150W firmware or tried this before?

So this is a 3rd party modified firmware for the SX350J?

@Vlad1
As i understand it, Yihi built it into the chip to exclude bypass mode in series configuration, as that would push a nominal 7.4 volts. It's a safety feature.
@Zamazam
Yes it is a 3rd party modified firmware, but the only real mod to it is an altered logo and sign-off. I own a Boxer mod (built from the kit) and applied their 2.2 update just for the logo.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Vlad1
As i understand it, Yihi built it into the chip to exclude bypass mode in series configuration, as that would push a nominal 7.4 volts. It's a safety feature.
@Zamazam
Yes it is a 3rd party modified firmware, but the only real mod to it is an altered logo and sign-off. I own a Boxer mod (built from the kit) and applied their 2.2 update just for the logo.

As I read closer I think your right. Manual states Single Battery 60W regulated 85W in bypass mode. I've never run bypass mode and never heard this before so thanks for pointing that out.

Glad to be of assistance. Now we just need the 2.3 update with the Ti option added... Whenever Yihi decides to put out the chip version of the firmware.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just another Boxer user here. The Boxer update is not "third party." Yihi will make a splash screen update for anyone that has ordered chips to a certain threshold. Yihi produced the firmware Ginger is offering.

Just another Boxer user here. The Boxer update is not "third party." Yihi will make a splash screen update for anyone that has ordered chips to a certain threshold. Yihi produced the firmware Ginger is offering.

Ah, I had assumed they used the Logo Changer software. I had been toying with that before I downloaded the Boxer firmware version. Sadly, It needs to be updated for latest firmware versions...

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My guess would be they used the Logo changer as well or else I would think it would be a Boxer download from Yihi site. Similarly there is supposed to be a Vapor Flask download for the Flask's version of the SX350j implementation on Yihi's site for their branded devices once they're released. At least according to a video I watched the other day.

While Yihi does state they'll change the logo on some boards like the original Sx350 "YES (above 120pcs,we can customize the logo for you)". On the Sx350j they state no to Customized Logo.

upload_2015-7-16_13-54-41.png

VU Sponsors