Become a Patron!

Yihi vs DNA for reliability and quality?

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've said through out this whole post that those were not my words they were the words of the reviewers. In fact at the end of my last sentence where I bring it up I say don't kill the messenger. Mike Vapes says later on in the same video that the Wismec board is a good board and he thinks it's a good move. Again, for the sake of clarity I did not say it the reviewers said it. You can try to pin it on me all you want. I'm not biting. I love my DNA'S, as well as my YiHi and FSK mods. If a reviewer reports that a company is moving away from a board and you don't agree or you think you have more inside knowledge than the reviewers than take it up with them.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper
The reviewers never said it. One reviewer basically says" I dont know, I may have heard something but I dont know"

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bottom line is they just released the VS DNA 250, so whatever a reviewer thinks he may have heard from someone is irrelevant

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The reviewers never said it. One reviewer basically says" I dont know, I may have heard something but I dont know"
The first question that started the whole conversation is ST said what do you guys think about Vaporshark moving away from the DNA? No matter, I posted the video so people can judge for themselves. Anyone that has any doubts can quite simply scroll back, click the link, and judge for themselves. That's what I would suggest.

-William Cowper

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off the top of my head, I have 5 Evolv mods, and 6 Yihi mods.

None of my Yihi mods have failed, the oldest are approaching 2 years old now. I have had 2 DNA200's fail on me, but I believe this was due to Hotcigs shoddy set up of the mods (V1 and V2 DX200), and not Evolv's fault. One was dead on arrival.

Evolv repaired both mods for me, and they have worked flawlessly since. I would go for whichever mod you actually prefer, as I think both Yihi and Evolv do a very good job at TC, with Evolv having a slight edge I find with SS 316L.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That G CLASS THOUGH️, I don't know about dual 18650, they should've LIPO that shit...

I have a love/ hate relationship with Li-Po mods. I like that some of my DNA200's are relatively small, and run on a Li-Po, but I don't like their charging time with the 1A balance charging.

I think the only thing Li-Po's offer is a higher discharge rating, and with the 18650's we use now especially in 3s setups are plenty to power even high wattage users.

What do you like about them yourself? Genuine question, as we all like different things in mods :)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a love/ hate relationship with Li-Po mods. I like that some of my DNA200's are relatively small, and run on a Li-Po, but I don't like their charging time with the 1A balance charging.

I think the only thing Li-Po's offer is a higher discharge rating, and with the 18650's we use now especially in 3s setups are plenty to power even high wattage users.

What do you like about them yourself? Genuine question, as we all like different things in mods :)
I agree with what you said. With 30 amp 18650's, they can supply more than what the mod can draw (DNA200, 24 amp max input- DNA250, 28 amp max input) so higher discharge rating of a Lipo is a moot point. I use 20 amp cells because I'm not pushing the mods anywhere near their limits.

I do like that you can get a 3s Lipo mod that is relatively small, but having to wait for it to charge is a con. The DNA250 is better in that regard offering 2 amp charging, but you still have to wait.

Personally, my favorite DNA mods are dual 18650 because I get great battery life, they supply me with more power than I need (133 or 167 watts depending on whether it's a 200 or 250), and they aren't too big to carry around.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ah men...
The fact that I can vape 90 watts with a 10% battery life is a big plus for me..IMO!
I hate that CHECK BATTERY THEME LOL!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Idk could be good in dual config if u keep it under 100 watts. I won't be sold on those batts till we get good 20 amp ones

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hey, I'm not saying it's the new industry standard. I'm just glad to see some development money going into the battery side of the market. New stuff is a good thing.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey, I'm not saying it's the new industry standard. I'm just glad to see some development money going into the battery side of the market. New stuff is a good thing.

-William Cowper
For sure. I'd love to see what samsung and so the can do

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said through out this whole post that those were not my words they were the words of the reviewers. In fact at the end of my last sentence where I bring it up I say don't kill the messenger. Mike Vapes says later on in the same video that the Wismec board is a good board and he thinks it's a good move. Again, for the sake of clarity I did not say it the reviewers said it. You can try to pin it on me all you want. I'm not biting. I love my DNA'S, as well as my YiHi and FSK mods. If a reviewer reports that a company is moving away from a board and you don't agree or you think you have more inside knowledge than the reviewers then take it up with them.

-William Cowper

http://www.vaporshark.com/hedron-mod

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looked at the vicious ant knight but those assholes are high fuck thinking that fan remote is worth $350 lmao

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just did a thing
aa840b0af7b16bcc427247968ad5d40a.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sx mini g class thoughts?
performance is great yihi quality crappy software or in better terms odd the android app is just now in beta and is wonky the quality of the unit is high i like it its my out and about mod the screen has a dark spot on it for not reason the lcd screen has bad pixels.. its unique in you can adjust everything with one hand no two button dance.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yihi vs Evolv.

My VT167 decided not to do TC. I opened a repair case with Evolv, got an email the next morning, mailed it off, had the mod back with the board replaced in well under 2 weeks.

My G Class arrived with the very human unfriendly menu system.
Lock screen kept appearing at random, even mid-vape.
No Liquid warning appeared at random on various tanks.
Sent Yihi an email, got the 'So sorry to hear of your trouble, do a video for us.'
Sent a pic because this is random and I'm not going to sit with my phone recording until it shows.
The silence is deafening.
Tomorrow, I'll involve my credit card company. I'll have had this new mod for a week at that point and don't intend to wait any longer.

Evolv- +1
Yihi- -1

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
great topic. I think a lot of people do speak softer when comparing DNA vs Yihi. I think people don't want to bad talk DNA too much since there's a lot of fans of the chip as well as it's an American made technology that WAS the best in the industry TC wise.

But I think we need to continue being objective or else our favorite company won't evolve (pun intended). Plus a lot of folks don't like the idea of China being better than USA in something that was once FAR ahead of every other in vaping technology. And China was only a cloner and stigma with inferior mass produce products. Leave resentment and denial of DNA objectively. This of course is just my observation and opinion, please take it as just that.

With that intro, I can now tell you I think Yihi Sx Mini Q Mini is a superior product to any of DNA chip. There are graphs and charts for that as well. A DNA chip can't do true 250, only 167 with 18650. A Q mini can fire 200 watts max all the way till battery life is gone. Yes, it doesn't get weaker, it fires true 200 watts until batteries are depleted. Yet DNA can't even do 200 or 250 watts with full batteries charged. Now wattages is not the only judge of quality but it's something worth mentioned.

With yihi style of TC makes more sense to me and that's why battery life is better. You slowly raise the joules while setting your perfer temperature. And this is also why Yihi looks bad when Phil was doing his reviewed. He max the Joules and then set his temperature. So he sense and hear "hissing, pulsing," and other not good results. You cannot use another product intended procedures and say it's a fail with another. Imagine if u set wattages on DNA low and locked temp. DNA function well setting high wattage if not Max wattage and then go in TC mode. You get a strong vape that way. I think Phil is very biased of Yihi vs DNA debate as well, but that's another story too long. If any one interested please asked why I feel that way.

and the biggest one I can do everything Evol can do on my Q mini. I do not need to hook it up to a computer. It be more tedious yes, but th device right out the box can be customized to the end user without pc. You can change your profile settings etc all on the Q mini mod. That's a big thing to me because I believe a Mod shouldn't rely a PC connection to reach its potential. The user should be able to vape right away. And if customized is what is wanted, it can be done not even same device without being reliant of other sources.

Last a lot of people say Bluetooth app for iOS is a con because it's only for Mac. I understand there's more andriod users. But see it from this view: if you have a pc you can download sxQ software and customize your mod. if you have a Mac, you can use the Bluetooth app. So in a way Yihi covered both platform. While Evol DNA still don't have a Mac software. Think of it in this perspective.

Sorry for the long posts. These are just some of the points where I think Yihi is the better device/chip.

To a better vape,

Vucci

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
great topic. I think a lot of people do speak softer when comparing DNA vs Yihi. I think people don't want to bad talk DNA too much since there's a lot of fans of the chip as well as it's an American made technology that WAS the best in the industry TC wise.

But I think we need to continue being objective or else our favorite company won't evolve (pun intended). Plus a lot of folks don't like the idea of China being better than USA in something that was once FAR ahead of every other in vaping technology. And China was only a cloner and stigma with inferior mass produce products. Leave resentment and denial of DNA objectively. This of course is just my observation and opinion, please take it as just that.

With that intro, I can now tell you I think Yihi Sx Mini Q Mini is a superior product to any of DNA chip. There are graphs and charts for that as well. A DNA chip can't do true 250, only 167 with 18650. A Q mini can fire 200 watts max all the way till battery life is gone. Yes, it doesn't get weaker, it fires true 200 watts until batteries are depleted. Yet DNA can't even do 200 or 250 watts with full batteries charged. Now wattages is not the only judge of quality but it's something worth mentioned.

With yihi style of TC makes more sense to me and that's why battery life is better. You slowly raise the joules while setting your perfer temperature. And this is also why Yihi looks bad when Phil was doing his reviewed. He max the Joules and then set his temperature. So he sense and hear "hissing, pulsing," and other not good results. You cannot use another product intended procedures and say it's a fail with another. Imagine if u set wattages on DNA low and locked temp. DNA function well setting high wattage if not Max wattage and then go in TC mode. You get a strong vape that way. I think Phil is very biased of Yihi vs DNA debate as well, but that's another story too long. If any one interested please asked why I feel that way.

and the biggest one I can do everything Evol can do on my Q mini. I do not need to hook it up to a computer. It be more tedious yes, but th device right out the box can be customized to the end user without pc. You can change your profile settings etc all on the Q mini mod. That's a big thing to me because I believe a Mod shouldn't rely a PC connection to reach its potential. The user should be able to vape right away. And if customized is what is wanted, it can be done not even same device without being reliant of other sources.

Last a lot of people say Bluetooth app for iOS is a con because it's only for Mac. I understand there's more andriod users. But see it from this view: if you have a pc you can download sxQ software and customize your mod. if you have a Mac, you can use the Bluetooth app. So in a way Yihi covered both platform. While Evol DNA still don't have a Mac software. Think of it in this perspective.

Sorry for the long posts. These are just some of the points where I think Yihi is the better device/chip.

To a better vape,

Vucci
great post and welcome aboard!
a few things i did want to mention. the android app is out now as well. so you don't need an iphone to use the app. us android guys got love too
also the mod wont fire a true 2000 watts until dead batteries. with a charge of about 7-7.2 on the batts the best i got was 170 watts. any higher was a check battery. but overall the watt performance was amazing and consistent and probably the most accurate to what the screen says of any device i tested. and it'll put out more watts at a lower charge then most other (if not all other) mods do

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
great post and welcome aboard!
a few things i did want to mention. the android app is out now as well. so you don't need an iphone to use the app. us android guys got love too
also the mod wont fire a true 2000 watts until dead batteries. with a charge of about 7-7.2 on the batts the best i got was 170 watts. any higher was a check battery. but overall the watt performance was amazing and consistent and probably the most accurate to what the screen says of any device i tested. and it'll put out more watts at a lower charge then most other (if not all other) mods do

Yes you can. Djlsb vapes is one name I can refer to that's within reach. Are you using dual 30a 18650. Something like the pink HB6 LG. You can fire 200 watts. At .1 - .4 resistance I believe. There's a certain resistance range. Let me find it

At 43:18 charts

High amp batteries are very important to achieved this. But very possible

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes you can. Djlsb vapes is one name I can refer to that's within reach. Are you using dual 30a 18650. Something like the pink HB6 LG. You can fire 200 watts. At .1 - .4 resistance I believe. There's a certain resistance range. Let me find it

At 43:18 charts

High amp batteries are very important to achieved this. But very possible
i used LG HB6 batts (ivory) like i do for all my testing. it hits 200 easily (and is the most accurate mod i've tested) with full batts but with low batts it topped out at 170 for me with charge between 7-7.2

I don't know what his "low battery" is and my test is the g class not the q class so different chip but still it's a great performer. but if you try and fire 200 with low batts you'll get a check battery message

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh ok. Is that your channel as well? I will take a look. Yea G class is bad ass. I was thinking bout it for a long time but decided on the Q mini. I just love that sleek classic design and the black texture paint.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ahh ok. Is that your channel as well? I will take a look. Yea G class is bad ass. I was thinking bout it for a long time but decided on the Q mini. I just love that sleek classic design and the black texture paint.
Yeah that's my channel. The g class is amazing. Once u get past the learning curve the performance is phenomenal

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lets combine the best of the best. I want a Dual 20700 Yihi Sx 550J Squonker. With 8.5 ml Italian super soft squonk bottles. Woooooo!!

Jokes aside damn that's a very nice mod. Lets play the guessing game.

@NickIsANoob
What will the price be for 20700 Yihi sx 550j ??
Ill start : $375

$329.99? And 15-20 bucks for different colored skins.

I had the boxer550j in my cart the other night saw this and waited and bought a Mad Modder mini DNA 250 the next day instead. My vape budget is low AF now but I still want the 20700 mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I said it months ago and people laughed at me. The 20700 mods are going to be big this year. You are going to see all of the popular mods remade in 20700 form. The battery technology just has to catch up to the mod technology. When I said it, people laughed and said so what are you saying I should throw out all my 18650's. Nope never said that but you are going to be able get much better battery life out of a battery that is not much bigger than an 18650. So for all the people that laughed, next time maybe you'll listen instead of laughing. Guess the old saying is true. He who laughs last, laughs best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Have you seen this @Deucesjack and @SirRichardRear ? I like the custom joystick. Im considering this as my next yihi purchase.

https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-classic-yihi200w-with-sx550j-tft-bluetooth/

That and the Lost Vape BF Drone DNA Squonker:)
http://vapegeek.co.uk/Drone-BF-Squonker-DNA166-188.htm

Got boxes of top ramen ready. Vape wallet on full throttle
Lmao.
I've never been a fan of the ginger vape ones personally. But the drone looks awesome if your into sqounking

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

With that intro, I can now tell you I think Yihi Sx Mini Q Mini is a superior product to any of DNA chip. There are graphs and charts for that as well. A DNA chip can't do true 250, only 167 with 18650. A Q mini can fire 200 watts max all the way till battery life is gone. Yes, it doesn't get weaker, it fires true 200 watts until batteries are depleted. Yet DNA can't even do 200 or 250 watts with full batteries charged. Now wattages is not the only judge of quality but it's something worth mentioned...........

Vucci

I don't think this is due to Evolv being unable to produce a board that could do this, but because of safety. Evolv has always been more conservative. Taking efficiency into account, if it was 90% the maximum the DNA167 would pull is actually 29.92A at cut off, which is near dead on a 30A cells CDR. With their quoted spec of 97% it is lower still so keeping things safe.

The Chinese seem to push things a bit more to their limit safety wise, 200W at the same cut off voltage would be 35.89A. I know it isn't massively over, but still over even the 30A cells CDR, and this is with a fairly conservative 6.2V cutoff so likely even higher.

This isn't a dig at Yihi though by any means, I love all of my mods with Yihi boards and find them to work well. I have actually had the most trouble with my DNA200's failure rate wise.
Evolv did replace the boards for me each time though, it just took a while as I live in the UK and had to ship to the USA and back.

The Evolv boards are also Buck only, and do not use boost due to being designed originally to work in a 3S configuration with a 12.6V input down. At 200W boost would need to be used very soon with dual 18650's with a 0.3 Ohm coil due to around 7.8V, or more factoring in efficiency being needed to push this to the atty.

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use both Evolv and YiHi devices. They are both good. I think the build quality of the mod itself is more important!
I picked up a Q-Class a year ago (just before the new FDA regs forced a local company to leave the vape business). I use it every day. It has held up very nicely!
My VapeDroid C1D2 on the other hand has fallen apart after less than 6 months. Build quality guys...

As much as I love the quality of my SX mini, the YiHi software sucks compared to the Evolv software. I wish YiHi would "borrow" a software designer from Evolv...

VU Sponsors