Become a Patron!

You know you've found the perfect vaping hardware when...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You buy 10x more of the same when you don't need it.

Me, my perfect mod is the Dovpo E-LVT, and my perfect topper is the Smok Dripper RDA. A web shop I patronize held a one-day fire sale yesterday, during which they offered the former for 60 euros and the latter for 5 euros. So I couldn't resist: I bought another E-LVT I don't need, and 10 drippers I don't need either, on top of the 5 I already have in store for vapocalypse. What else could I do eh? :)

With my current stash of nic base, my 15 drippers, my 2 favorite mods and all the other mods and toppers that I like less, but that I have, I should be all set up to vape for the next 3 or 4 years without having to purchase anything at all.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And here I was thinking that I was the king of spare gear!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, in my defense, my favorite gear tends to be cheap. There are drippers that are more expensive than those 15 little Smok thingies (and don't work no better, incidentally - but I digress). Mods too can fetch a much higher price, such as the Provari that I'm about to win at the VJ sweepstake. Aaanytime now - hint hint nudge nudge, say no more :)

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess I'm still searching for the perfect set up. Whats perfect today might not be perfect tomorrow.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm still searching for the perfect set up. Whats perfect today might not be perfect tomorrow.

I've tried a lot of things - sometimes expensive things - and I've settled on dripping with single coil atomizers with the smallest possible chamber. Simple, rugged, cheap, and super-flavorful.

The battery doesn't really matter, so long as it's electronic, it can pump out at least 11W and it's built to last. The E-LVT seems to be it for me on all counts, for a reasonable price. But at the end of the day, the power source is totally secondary to the topper to create a good vape. So I could get by with any of my other mods, or even eGo batteries, if my E-LVT died.

So basically I'm done searching. Since I'm not into shiny, things I have no incentive to buy more stuff, beyond maintenance and stashing for what I fear is the inevitable crackdown on vaping that'll come some day. I just wish I had known what I know now back when I started: I would have saved rather a lot of money trying various hardware to get the vape I want.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do prefer my smaller diameter drippers to the larger ones. 35 watts at .3 on my atomic seems to be the sweet spot.

coco monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You buy 10x more of the same when you don't need it.

Me, my perfect mod is the Dovpo E-LVT, and my perfect topper is the Smok Dripper RDA. A web shop I patronize held a one-day fire sale yesterday, during which they offered the former for 60 euros and the latter for 5 euros. So I couldn't resist: I bought another E-LVT I don't need, and 10 drippers I don't need either, on top of the 5 I already have in store for vapocalypse. What else could I do eh? :)

With my current stash of nic base, my 15 drippers, my 2 favorite mods and all the other mods and toppers that I like less, but that I have, I should be all set up to vape for the next 3 or 4 years without having to purchase anything at all.
I love my e-lvt mod! Çant have too many of these beast!

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like Gennies I found a closeout on iPure Hybrids ordered 3 in different colors. I have about a square yard of SS Mesh Lots of wire 4 ft of SS Cable- 12ft of Eko Wool gonna get get some ReadyxWick Have 3 RSST's and Nic in Brown Boston Bottles in the freezer. Just because your paranoid doesn't mean somethings not gonna happen. Seigeli 20watt with 26650 tube, 2 mechs VV Beast Box and when the price comes down need a Segeli 30watt. Just so I can get batteries . Note to self get big Box Of Rayon CelluCotton from Sally's

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you stop looking for the next mod you want to buy... (for atleast a week... :D )

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you stop looking for the next mod you want to buy... (for atleast a week... :D )

Yeah that's the scary thing: every once in a while, I see something that attracts me - be it a mod, a topper... something. And then I wonder: how is this gonna make my vaping any better? Since I'm already a perfectly happy vaper, I know damn well I'd play with the new toy for a while and then leave it unused someplace, so I immediately lose interest.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a photo of Pinky and Perky:

two_E-LVT_mods_with_Smok_dripper_RDA_zps60076010.jpg

I got the grey E-LVT I've ordered in the mail today. I decked it out with the same Smok Dripper RDA, the same Smok airflow controller (I use these things as thread protectors) and the same 3200 mAh 18650 battery as the blue one. No need to change a winning combo.

Aside from the colors, can you spot another difference between the two - one that screams "Chinese QC"? :)

I think I'll keep one of them to vape at home, which means I'll probably retire my trusty but slightly asthmatic eVic. The eVic is okay, but it's missing a couple of watts to be truly satisfying with a RDA...

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess they just slap those labels on regardless of which way the mod is facing when it comes down the line.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they don't care. I don't either, so long as the mod works good.

The only thing that bothers me a little with the E-LVT is the play in the atomizer socket. It's not a problem, and it doesn't prevent the mod from working, but loose parts tend to bother me. This one was no different: it had play right out of the box. So the first thing I did was fix it, before even installing the battery. Now it's all good.

iLLwiLL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep trying, but cant find anything better than a stillare topper with a custom delrin one-piece drip tip topper (HUGE bore) on a brass king 2 with solid copper pins I salvaged from a couple other mods. A not-so-close 2nd is a copper nemesis with a copper plume veil topped with a pressure-fit delrin tip. All with vtc5's and pretty low ohm builds. Those are the 2 I use every day and I got around a dozen or so left over from the 20 I started with till the woman found out how many were actually sitting around doing nothing.

I want to get into vv/vw, just holding out for something that can come close to the output of one of my mechs.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they don't care. I don't either, so long as the mod works good.

The only thing that bothers me a little with the E-LVT is the play in the atomizer socket. It's not a problem, and it doesn't prevent the mod from working, but loose parts tend to bother me. This one was no different: it had play right out of the box. So the first thing I did was fix it, before even installing the battery. Now it's all good.
Both me and my bestie have one of them each. We use them when we go hill walking. They're really solid aren't they and waterproof sort of. I charged my iphone with it and it took 25 mins to fully charge it. They are the same workings as an svd. I thought innokin was behind it but in retrospect they've just borrowed it from them.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're really solid aren't they and waterproof sort of.

It's rather solid as mods go - although if I were you, I wouldn't abuse the socket too much. But waterproof it ain't. Not even a little bit. Open it up and you'll see why immediately. Me, I was lucky to find out the hard way without consequences.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to get into vv/vw, just holding out for something that can come close to the output of one of my mechs.

I keep hearing about reasonably affordable 30, 50, 100+ Watt devices these days. Surely one of them would make you happy.

iLLwiLL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll probably hold off till some monster dual 26650 200w (like the beast, only vv/vw) fog machine becomes available. I chase clouds and havent ever seen or used anything but mechs that satisfy my vaping urges.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My daily driver (now) is the M-16, and a KFL, this weekend, that will upgrade to a Brass Stingray and my KFL. Next month, I have a feeling it will be the Hades or Helmsman and the Kayfun Big.
After several different coils, a .7 ohm seems to be the best for me.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll probably hold off till some monster dual 26650 200w (like the beast, only vv/vw) fog machine becomes available. I chase clouds and havent ever seen or used anything but mechs that satisfy my vaping urges.
10273498_308006269360537_8067506333116346422_n.jpg
Sorry.. I just couldnt help that.. hahaha

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's rather solid as mods go - although if I were you, I wouldn't abuse the socket too much. But waterproof it ain't. Not even a little bit. Open it up and you'll see why immediately. Me, I was lucky to find out the hard way without consequences.
But they are waterproof. I take mine deep sea diving lol.
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess they just slap those labels on regardless of which way the mod is facing when it comes down the line.

And it looks like they don't much check how much glue they use either: one of the labels has peeled off my new E-LVT without warning.

So I've decided to remove all the labels from both my E-LVT, and that's just as well: without them, the devices are 2 or 3 millimeters slimmer. And since they now rest squarely on the rubber when they're on the side, they won't slide off any surface anymore. Brilliant!

But they are waterproof. I take mine deep sea diving lol.
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.

Yeah they are waterproof, provided you intend to use them as paperweights :)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When You've got enough Vape gear that payday you buy Consumer level memberships at SAFATA and Vista Truth and make extra Donations to Casaa and The Militia. with the Hope it will be posible to buy the Innovative Vape Devices of The Future instead Of just what Big T can afford to approved by the FDA FDA FDA

VU Sponsors