Become a Patron!

You started vaping...good decision. Vaping f*ntanyl?...bad decision.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
This thread got a lot more responses than I expected.

After reading responses, I wanted to say that my main objective in posting was not to put any emphasis on fentanyl.
The aim was to warn against putting any drug, prescription or otherwise, into a vaping apparatus. There are enough potential risks with vaping; most people would have no idea about the interaction of nicotine and whatever other substance they may add to their tank.

Main message: Be safe y'all.

IMG_0390.JPG

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Horse shit. I was a fentnyl addict. My friends and family would strongly disagree with your offensive comment as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The fact that you survived and beat your addiction would tend to indicate that you are NOT an idiot, despite your misspelling of fentanyl, so I'm not really sure why you're offended. The offense of your friends and family are irrelevant to me, since I don't know them and have no interaction with them. I doubt if anyone would construe addiction as being a mark of wisdom; it's merely one of those unfortunate things that may befall humans; surviving it and beating it takes a great deal of self-awareness, strength, and courage; mostly it's the idiots who die.

Andria

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The fact that you survived and beat your addiction would tend to indicate that you are NOT an idiot, despite your misspelling of fentanyl, so I'm not really sure why you're offended. The offense of your friends and family are irrelevant to me, since I don't know them and have no interaction with them. I doubt if anyone would construe addiction as being a mark of wisdom; it's merely one of those unfortunate things that may befall humans; surviving it and beating it takes a great deal of self-awareness, strength, and courage; mostly it's the idiots who die.

Andria

Yeah, I really don't care for your viewpoint. Misspelled fentanyl? I feel humiliated, surely!

I've become somewhat cynical about a few things in my old age, but I don't wish a miserable death on anyone. I've lost a great deal of friends and family to opiate addiction, in fact, Facebook reminded me today that a friend of mine died this day one year ago. Who gives a shit though, because you never had the pleasure of knowing any of them. In fact, no one I haven't met matters if they were big enough idiots to overdose and die. Their families, their children, their spouses, parents, siblings... don't matter either. Can't fathom why your comment might be offensive.

I feel like your attitude is not quite accurate, at least I hope that you were leaning toward humor. If not it's pretty sad. I don't know you, and yet I still wish you the best Andria.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes the self victimized that OD and die leave ones that care for them.
I get that.
But why should anyone else care?
Plenty of others die thru no fault of their own and I am concerned with them first.

I personally think suicide should be legal and even acceptable in certain circumstances.
But no we must keep them suffering and going bankrupt on medical costs for as long as we can.
They will burn in hell for all eternity if they shorten their suffering on this plane of existence.
Is the head dead yet?

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes the self victimized that OD and die leave ones that care for them.
I get that.
But why should anyone else care?
Plenty of others die thru no fault of their own and I am concerned with them first.

I personally think suicide should be legal and even acceptable in certain circumstances.
But no we must keep them suffering and going bankrupt on medical costs for as long as we can.
They will burn in hell for all eternity if they shorten their suffering on this plane of existence.
Is the head dead yet?

No comment on the first paragraph. You, and Andria, and I, and everyone else, are entitled to our opinion. Just want to make it clear that I hold nothing against anyone for feeling the way they do.

I fully agree with your viewpoint on suicide and pulling the plug.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I really don't care for your viewpoint. Misspelled fentanyl? I feel humiliated, surely!

I've become somewhat cynical about a few things in my old age, but I don't wish a miserable death on anyone. I've lost a great deal of friends and family to opiate addiction, in fact, Facebook reminded me today that a friend of mine died this day one year ago. Who gives a shit though, because you never had the pleasure of knowing any of them. In fact, no one I haven't met matters if they were big enough idiots to overdose and die. Their families, their children, their spouses, parents, siblings... don't matter either. Can't fathom why your comment might be offensive.

I feel like your attitude is not quite accurate, at least I hope that you were leaning toward humor. If not it's pretty sad. I don't know you, and yet I still wish you the best Andria.

There's an expression in the meetings/recovery rooms, maybe you've heard it. "Some don't make it so others can". I never fully got the weight of that expression, til I was sitting in a speaker meeting one day. This guy had shared about how his dad struggled with getting, and staying, sober, then mentioned the date that he lost that battle. It happened to be the exact date that I got clean/sober. I couldn't stop crying when I heard that, took me a good little while, at least. I shared this with the guy who spoke that night, I didn't know him other than that meeting. He reached out and hugged me, gave the "I'm glad you're here", then hugged me again.

I feel where you're coming from. Addiction, no matter what vehicle someone chooses, is brutal. I didn't get clean and sober on my own, but beyond detox, I knew I wanted to stay that way, thankfully I was lead to where I could get that. Not everyone knows how.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one here who has not been thru addiction treatment? Aside from smoking of course.
I took Opoids for pain for 15 years and then got cut off by knee jerk politicians making it too difficult to get medications.
Cut off cold turkey, had more pain but no withdrawal or anything. Never bought any on the black market or anything.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's an expression in the meetings/recovery rooms, maybe you've heard it. "Some don't make it so others can". I never fully got the weight of that expression, til I was sitting in a speaker meeting one day. This guy had shared about how his dad struggled with getting, and staying, sober, then mentioned the date that he lost that battle. It happened to be the exact date that I got clean/sober. I couldn't stop crying when I heard that, took me a good little while, at least. I shared this with the guy who spoke that night, I didn't know him other than that meeting. He reached out and hugged me, gave the "I'm glad you're here", then hugged me again.

I feel where you're coming from. Addiction, no matter what vehicle someone chooses, is brutal. I didn't get clean and sober on my own, but beyond detox, I knew I wanted to stay that way, thankfully I was lead to where I could get that. Not everyone knows how.

Certainly I've heard that saying. I go to a great deal of meetings. Thanks for sharing that, I can understand how you felt. It's really hard having so many friends in recovery because you are bound to lose some of them. One thing I've noticed about people in recovery, and addicts in general, is that they are typically smart, caring and beautiful people. I'm honored to be amongst them.

Am I the only one here who has not been thru addiction treatment? Aside from smoking of course.
I took Opoids for pain for 15 years and then got cut off by knee jerk politicians making it too difficult to get medications.
Cut off cold turkey, had more pain but no withdrawal or anything. Never bought any on the black market or anything.

Addiction is not something that everyone will struggle with, regardless of their use of over the counter, rx, or street drugs. It's entirely possible that you could use street drugs (obviously I don't recommend it) and not become an addict. Physical dependancy is very different than addiction. My ex wife went into rehab to detox from a nasty physical dependancy on rx medications, and it has never occurred to her to take them again. A true addict won't be able to do that on their own, or at least their chances of sobriety without great struggle is far lower. I'm grateful to be an addict in recovery. It really does take a lot of work and pain and growth to succeed. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't prefer to be unafflicted with this disease. Not taking street drugs, to me, is admirable, but an addict not abusing ANYTHING that changes the way you feel is heroic.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My problem WAS alcohol not pills, almost 10 years sober (cold turkey no with drawls)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My problem WAS alcohol not pills, almost 10 years sober (cold turkey no with drawls)

I went cold turkey from drinking too, which totally appalled one of my docs when I told him. He says "You could have had a stroke!" I replied that if I had had a drink of anything alcoholic, at the point I was at, I'd have vomited, and to me, THAT is a Fate Worse Than Death. And given that I had a 4 yr old to care for at that time, I didn't have time to take a time-out for detox; it was get sober or puke myself to death, and sobriety sounded a lot better to me. :) And I didn't wanna leave my boy motherless, that's for sure.

Andria

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Children are supposed to have that effect on folks @AndriaD , You did good!

Sadly I have relatives that would rather crank up then feed their kids.

DFACS is sadly ineffective here.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had ****** and alcohol withdrawals bad enough to be hospitalized. You can't die from wd's from opiates, but you can from booze (and benzos). I've noticed that former junkies (opiates) sometimes dismiss alcoholics as being less hardcore. I'm absolutely terrified of booze. Far more than opiates. They'll both kill me, but an alcoholic death is far worse than an opiate od!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
19961349_1615509118480805_6144346594980811227_n.jpg

I applaud your comment and the restraint that you show. It is appalling to me how some people here think they are better than others, more intelligent because they aren't addicted to opiates. That their addiction is ok, better than that of others because it is legal. And even worse that these people deserve to die because of their struggles with addiction. We all fight our own battles we all have demons. The truth as anyone one of us could get addicted to opiates depending on the circumstances. I lost some of my best friends to these drugs and they were some of the smartest people I know and got addicted due to no fault of their own. Most people who get addicted to opiates get high for the first time off of a prescription from their Dr. They didn't take them with the intent of getting high it just happened. It was a side effect of their effort to relieve a physical pain and before they knew it they were both mentally and physically addicted and when their prescription ran out and their Dr wouldn't write anymore they were left both physically and mentally sick knowing only one thing could relieve them of that sickness, of that pain. I know so many people that have said that could never be me, I'm strong, I'm smart. But some of the smartest people have fallen victim to addiction it's in our nature. What we need is more people like you strigamort who wish people like Andria the best despite heartless comments she made.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horse shit. I was a fentnyl addict. My friends and family would strongly disagree with your offensive comment as well.

I do not think that fentanyl is use in any maintenance applications just in hospital settings associated with surgery and such.
It only lasts for 30-60 minutes of pain relief.

You were stupid to get addicted. Glad you overcame it.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do not think that fentanyl is use in any maintenance applications just in hospital settings associated with surgery and such.
It only lasts for 30-60 minutes of pain relief.
You were stupid to get addicted. Glad you overcame it.
This is not true, they prescribe fentanyl patch's to individuals for certain pain related issues. Patches last 72 hours or they say they do and for some it probably does. It is definitely not the first thing they try when it comes to managing pain and finding a pharmacy with them is getting harder and harder.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is not true, they prescribe fentanyl patch's to individuals for certain pain related issues. Patches last 72 hours or they say they do and for some it probably does. It is definitely not the first thing they try when it comes to managing pain and finding a pharmacy with them is getting harder and harder.
Ahh but the patch form is not what people seem to be abusing but the liquid form.
the fenatyl thing is just another example of the abusers causing it to be near impossible for people with legitimate needs for the drug to get it.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The old patch's had a gel form that people would cut open the patch's and do what ever with them. The new patch's there is no gel. Not sure how it is dispersed through the patch. I have pain pump now so it has been long time since I had them. Most of what is being abused is actually street made from my understanding.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry dude that sounds rough
Im from north of england so yeah the same basically was living witj bi polar for 4 years before docs diagnosed it and every few years they have to up my meds or change to stronger ones and everytime they do im dropped onto the lowest mg and have to see psychologists etc until im at the right dose.

Its hard when the drugs you use are narcotics. All mine are opiates.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Kratom

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kratom for pain?
It is a stimulant unless in large doses.

And the common h*rb does not work for my pain.

VU Sponsors