Become a Patron!

Youde (UD) IGO-W3

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered an IGO-W3 to do some quad coil builds on. Although the IGO-W6 looked much better in many ways, I couldn't pass up the W3 for $7 (for that price I ordered two just to be sure to have spare parts and possibly modify one just for dual coil builds). Anyone have any experience/advice for this soon to be dripper newbie?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Initial build was with 28 gauge and with 1/8" diameter with a final resistance of 0.8 ohms. Fires fairly well at 30 Watts. Tedious build with such large coils and not a lot of room left for wicking. Should have gone with half the size. You have to be careful when tightening the coil leads or you will shear them due to open inner tube.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The negative posts are pressed in but with a little work I removed two of them on one so it makes for much easier dual coil builds.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks good and looks like you're getting the hang of rda's quickly.

I'd get in the habit of ohm checking every new build before and after dry burning/wicking. Older builds still need visual inspections
when dry burning/straitening out coils.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I check each coil with my digital volt/ohm meter as I finish wrapping, then again after the build at the 510, then I put it on my iPV mini to check again and dry fire the coils (finishing touches on coils and check screws for being tight), wick it on the iPV (check screws again), juice it up, and test fire it. Then I feel safe to run it on anything. I now have quad coils consisting of a twisted pair of 34 gauge on it with a final resistance of 0.7 ohms.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VaporBeast has the IGO-W3 RDA Atomizer available at a blowout price. They currently have it priced at just $4.44. Use the coupon code “YEAHBABY” at checkout and the price falls to just $4.00. Pretty crazy! This is a rebuildable dripping atomizer that features 5 posts, a 22 mm deck, and adjustable airflow!!! This was my first RDA to learn on and I thought it was a steal for $7 (I bought to of them). If you only want to do two coils you can remove two of the press fit posts to give yourself more room (see pic).
13c5c5d7a0646f8aaa6249f139e117da.jpg

At this price you can't go wrong!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors