Become a Patron!

Your favorite 22mm rda

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a stingray mech coming and just realized I don't have any 22mm rdas.

Searched the web for ideas but all the threads were 2-3 years old and I'm sure there are better rdas out now.

I just saw a goon 22mm but I can't find a clone that ships from the U.S.

So what's your favorite 22mm rda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also been thinking about getting the rda adapter for the Merlin mini but I've been using it as my daily driver and don't wanna share it lol

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There over a year old now so you may struggle to find a clone but there pretty cheap new now I'll have a look on few sites for you for a clone and authentic. Iv got the authentic and still use it daily.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There over a year old now so you may struggle to find a clone but there pretty cheap new now I'll have a look on few sites for you for a clone and authentic. Iv got the authentic and still use it daily.

I appreciate it. I just don't have the money for an authentic right now. Bought a few mechs from VU members today.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just googled it. I'm having a hard time finding any US vendors that sell clones.

I bought a petri clone. Threw it away. I am sure some clones are better than others though. And I definately got a poor one.

My absolute favorite 22mm is a double vision. I think it puts out amazing flavor. It is the only rda that I have 2 of. I think you can get them for $35ish. Usually $60.

My favorite budget 22mm is a troll v2. Tough to beat for the money.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a petri clone. Threw it away. I am sure some clones are better than others though. And I definately got a poor one.

My absolute favorite 22mm is a double vision. I think it puts out amazing flavor. It is the only rda that I have 2 of. I think you can get them for $35ish. Usually $60.

My favorite budget 22mm is a troll v2. Tough to beat for the money.

Hi toad! Thanks for the input. I'll look into those.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand alot of authentic mods and rdas are overpriced and sometimes not worth it and these days clones are very good and sometimes even better than authentics.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I actually have two favorite 22mm RDA'S, the Lycan and Velocity

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Is the airflow right on the velocity? I see the V1 has airflow on the top which is weird to me and the V2 has two really tiny holes on the side.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aeronaut clone. I have a V2 coming but that's a 24mm.
That has been my dripper of choice for months now. I will switch it up on occasion with another topper but use the aeronaut 90% of the time.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Really liking the Soul S clone, much better than the hadaly clone IMO, running 3 coils 28g ss 8 wraps each @ .4 ohms, great build for it on a mech or regulated. The wasp nano is a great little rda for the price, an 11$ authentic.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone try the pulse? Pretty intriguing design and price?

Edit: the 22mm is single coil. I've never tried a single coil rda so don't know if I'd like it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the airflow right on the velocity? I see the V1 has airflow on the top which is weird to me and the V2 has two really tiny holes on the side.

Tons of airflow options with the Velocity, slot on the side just under the coils and the holes for more. All adjustable, check out the YouTubes for it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Pulse 22 rda & I really enjoy it. Single coil, gives me plenty of flavor & vapor. Hard to over drip. It's squonkable too! It's postless so you need to mount at the correct height for optimum flavor.

Merlin mini has an rda option now?

I just saw this but it's sold out. Haven't tried looking somewhere else for it.

https://www.eightvape.com/products/merlin-mini-rda-cap-kit

Kinda cool. There are pics that show you how it assembles.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is interesting but I can't see how it wouldn't be a mess to use. I guess you'd have to use it with the dual coil deck, the single coils air port is not elevated at all.

In the end though, you are converting a tank with great wicking capability into a dripper. Not sure that makes sense other than changing out the chimey to a chuff cap and possibly opening up the air flow if the stock setup isn't already maxing out the air ports. But then you are completely changing what it is and probably what you like about it.

That has been my daily tank when out & about since it was released, and the aeronaut my daily dripper since I picked it up. Those 2 have been just about all I have ran for months now.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone try the pulse? Pretty intriguing design and price?

Edit: the 22mm is single coil. I've never tried a single coil rda so don't know if I'd like it.

Pulse22 has excellent flavor - fairly cloudy. It's all about proper coil height.
Troll v2 clone is nice. Cloudier than Pulse22 - doesn't match its flavor. The flip top is cool.
Freakshow v2 is also a respectable 22mm. Bottom and side airflow. Cloudy & flavorful.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did pick up some rdas but only 2 that are 22mm. Got a goon 1.5, pulse22 and twisted messes clone.

Still trying to decide which to get out of the recommendations above. Trying to find a good price, something not from china and that will look good on the mechs.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For 22mm I have SXK and YTFK Hadalys, Pulse, Mulciber, Solo, and Wasp Nano. So far Wasp Nano is the champ. Can't be beat at $11. Though, don't know if you can get it from a US vendor. Those are all single coil btw.

Every duel coil RDA I own is 24mm.

I had a Soul S "delivered" though I never actually received it. Post office reimbursed me for the purchase price. I will order another but it's not going to be for a while (maybe a month).

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My wife likes the YTFK Hadaly over everything we own. For me I just don't get the flavor out of it that I get from the wasp nano. Funny that. Just goes to show you though what's best for one person isn't necessarily the best for another.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My wife likes the YTFK Hadaly over everything we own. For me I just don't get the flavor out of it that I get from the wasp nano. Funny that. Just goes to show you though what's best for one person isn't necessarily the best for another.

Nothing finer than the authentic with a Signature DT

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But I only have three of the 22 MMs! And they are all squonkified....and not clones....and all in rotation

Fine! Doesn't make sense that the goon 1.5 is $30 cheaper than the 22mm

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For 22mm I have SXK and YTFK Hadalys, Pulse, Mulciber, Solo, and Wasp Nano. So far Wasp Nano is the champ. Can't be beat at $11. Though, don't know if you can get it from a US vendor. Those are all single coil btw.

Every duel coil RDA I own is 24mm.

I had a Soul S "delivered" though I never actually received it. Post office reimbursed me for the purchase price. I will order another but it's not going to be for a while (maybe a month).
If you like the hadaly clone you'll probably love the soul s, a bit more air flow. Also so many build options with six slots. ATM I have 3 28g ss coils in it at .4, so smooth on a mech and quick ramp up with loads of flavor and vapor. I dig the wasp as well.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately I haven't had much experience with 22mm attys. Started vaping when 24mm and up were the main sizes of new attys coming out. Although I was able to swoop up several at lower prices when I first started building not really knowing they were 22 and not 24. Haha the Hadley was one of the 22mm attys I went out to buy. It's beautiful and vapes amazingly. Just a single coil rda from Psyclone Mods. Another 22mm atty I also did enjoy was the 22mm SubzeroInnovations atty. Remarkable manufacturing and machining. Amazing airflow and all around a solid rda. So those are the 2 22m attys I'd recommend. There are so many out there especially for squonking.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you get a pin somewhere that works perfect with a 22mm goon, or did you get them "drilled" or what?
I have ONE 22mm SquonkGoon, and if it came BF, I'd think about another...

But I only have three of the 22 MMs! And they are all squonkified....and not clones....and all in rotation

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did you get a pin somewhere that works perfect with a 22mm goon, or did you get them "drilled" or what?
I have ONE 22mm SquonkGoon, and if it came BF, I'd think about another...
Do the regular goon squonk pins not work with the 22's?

Used the Fatdaddy 2.5mm and filed it down a little on both ends - fits perfectly and squonks beautifully on the OG Goon and the 22

Have modded several of them with just a screwdriver and a file. A vice really helps

VU Sponsors