Become a Patron!

Your favorite affordable rda?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking to get an rda today for around $20-$30. I've only ever had a fishbone and a mutation v3. I liked the vape on the fishbone a lot better. I think it's because of the bottom airflow as opposed to holes in the side of the rda.

I normally run simple .2 ohm dual coils at 80 watts but might want room to try and make claptons in the future.

Edit: I also have a limitless rdta but I was never fond of it. I felt like I got more air than vapor. I've been using it as a dripper so I can sample my DIY liquid because my gf has taken over the fishbone lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Troll v2, Pharaoh but would suggest some big ass Claptons for both right from the get go.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would think of it from the airflow perspective...
Side airflow, bottom airflow or top airflow?
You have bottom airflow with the fishbone.
If you wanted another bottom airflow RDA I would take a look at the roshomon or lush plus.
If you want something with different airflow I would say look at side airflow(top tends to be for mostly flavor and smaller builds than you're using) I would look at the yeti RDA by envii.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Troll v2, Pharaoh but would suggest some big ass Claptons for both right from the get go.
On the other hand if the Limitless is too airy for you then the the Troll will be too airy too.
So maybe go with Wotofo's more restrictive RDAs like: Sapor, Freakshow or Lush.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the suggestions! I just went to a local vape shop and out of all the rdas you guys listed, the only one they had was the wotofo sapor.

I didn't end up buying anything because their prices were outrageous. I'll prly have to buy online.

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
velocity clone, tobeco clones are dirt cheap, almost anywhere has them and quality aint too bad either. only clone I own.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would think of it from the airflow perspective...
Side airflow, bottom airflow or top airflow?
You have bottom airflow with the fishbone.
If you wanted another bottom airflow RDA I would take a look at the roshomon or lush plus.
If you want something with different airflow I would say look at side airflow(top tends to be for mostly flavor and smaller builds than you're using) I would look at the yeti RDA by envii.

I've never seen stepped posts like that. What's the benefit?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never seen stepped posts like that. What's the benefit?

When you wrap your coils, you always have one lead on higher than the other. This lets you take advantage of that and slide the coil in without having to bend your Leeds.
It just makes it easier to build on.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you wrap your coils, you always have one lead on higher than the other. This lets you take advantage of that and slide the coil in without having to bend your Leeds.
It just makes it easier to build on.

And you don't have to fiddle with both coils in hand trying to balance them out ️

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've watched videos on all that were mentioned and I'm leaning towards the rashomon.

I was looking on vapordna.com. A lot of the others came with free wire and this one doesn't so that's a bummer.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've watched videos on all that were mentioned and I'm leaning towards the rashomon.

I was looking on vapordna.com. A lot of the others came with free wire and this one doesn't so that's a bummer.

The first thing I do when I get unbox a new rda, get rid of the Pre built coils and fugly screw driver

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I don't think they were prebuilt coils. Just stock wire

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

When I get a new RDA I keep the orings and screws, the rest gets trashed.

Also check elementvape
I use vapordna alot but normally check there as well.
Another good thing to do is use vapecrawler.com not all vendors are on there, but you can type in what you want and see prices at alot of places at once.

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I don't think they were prebuilt coils. Just stock wire

Not keen on keeping them either. Gotta know what I'm using to cook my juice on ️

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Geekvape's Tsunami RDA gets my vote. People can hate on it all they want, but it remains one of my favorite RDAs.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my fave rda to date is the rafale x from uwell. get that sucker and remove the neutral center post. love that rda!

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a chance to test drive the Lush Plus and I loved it. The stepped posts are really simple to build and all four screws are tightened from the top. Very easy.

Bottom airflow is not adjustable, but is more restrictive than something like the Limitless wide-open...and the flavor was off the charts. I used the flat clapton wire coils (staple?) that came with it and it vaped fantastic on my tube mech.

And it looks pretty good too - nice and clean, short, no stupid logos, nicely machined.

I really liked it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, I know it's been awhile but I've been tight on money. I went to my local vape shop and they didn't have the rashomon or lush plus. No surprise there smh.

Ended up walking out with the recoil for way more than I wanted to spend! I'll put a build in it in an hour or so. Hope I like it!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I know it's been awhile but I've been tight on money. I went to my local vape shop and they didn't have the rashomon or lush plus. No surprise there smh.

Ended up walking out with the recoil for way more than I wanted to spend! I'll put a build in it in an hour or so. Hope I like it!

The Recoil IS quite nice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think u will be pleasantly surprised bro. It has the best flavor of the 3 with the lush bout neck and neck with the rashomon but lush may have a lil better flavor

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think u will be pleasantly surprised bro. It has the best flavor of the 3 with the lush bout neck and neck with the rashomon but lush may have a lil better flavor

I've heard good things so far. For $70 it should blow the others away lol

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Daaaang! I only paid $43 for mine but I got it online.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew I was gonna take a hit by not buying online but I've wanted a new rda for so long. I didn't wanna wait for it to ship.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew I was gonna take a hit by not buying online but I've wanted a new rda for so long. I didn't wanna wait for it to ship.

I buy almost all of my gear at B&Ms or through the classies, anymore...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm the same way bro, Im horrible about it. I always end up paying for priority shipping even when I'm getting free 1st class shipping.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So went to put a build in it and I don't have a flat head small enough for the posts

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
519feb41de853c8eb02a9866fe91e0b3.jpg

Just had to get the screws out of those posts and then with wire, the screws don't go all the way in. Gtg now

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Troll RDA would be your best bet. Here in Australia you can pick one up for $35AUD so I'm guessing it's even cheaper in the states.

VU Sponsors