Become a Patron!

Your favorite , best tasting tank (not inc rebuildables)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In general, what don't people like about the Nautilus?

I just started using mine yesterday, and I need to say, so far, so good.

I ordered the hollowed-out tank replacement for it. I'm just afraid I'll break this thing.

Up until yesterday, I was using iClear X.I glassos.
Not that u shouldn't be careful but I dropped my Nautilus on my driveway and it didn't break! But the bottom base came apart. Pushed it back together and it works again.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought I would go ahead and use the coupon code I spun and won, that might make up for it but I will look first! Thanks
Everybody wins on that Aspire Wheel of Fortune. but, yeah, look at S&H!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, glad you thought it was a good question. I am looking for top of the line, hands down, best flavor, and best vapor....high quality without having to rebuild coils myself. I wish I had someone to teach me how to do it, however I dont. So until I find someone thay can, I will stick to ones I can buy coils for.

when I hear the word clearos, I think of tanks like iclecan help show u ar16 that I stsrted with. I want better quality not a Ce4 or Ce5
There was no one around to teach me how to wrap a coil , etc. but there are so many great tutorials out there. I think I watched a riptripper vid, kept pausing it until I was finished and voilla! The equipment is cheap except for the batteries. Get an ohms meter that u can build on. The wicks, wire, all on ebay, amazon or temco(wire). Have u checked the tutorials on VU? Oh yeah, if u have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, you can get a shit ton of cellucotton(rayon) for pennies on the dollar. And u don't need a mech mod if your build resistance is compatible with whatever device you use. Always listen to the safety rules they teach you. A lot of people here can help you with your questions about all of it. Also, if u have a nearby B&M, maybe they can show you, as well. I hope u try and when you're done, post your build. Can't wait to see it!

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There was no one around to teach me how to wrap a coil , etc. but there are so many great tutorials out there. I think I watched a riptripper vid, kept pausing it until I was finished and voilla! The equipment is cheap except for the batteries. Get an ohms meter that u can build on. The wicks, wire, all on ebay, amazon or temco(wire). Have u checked the tutorials on VU? Oh yeah, if u have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, you can get a shit ton of cellucotton(rayon) for pennies on the dollar. And u don't need a mech mod if your build resistance is compatible with whatever device you use. Always listen to the safety rules they teach you. A lot of people here can help you with your questions about all of it. Also, if u have a nearby B&M, maybe they can show you, as well. I hope u try and when you're done, post your build. Can't wait to see it!
I did my first Kayfun last night. Guess I have come a ways since I posted that. I still would have preferred someone to sit with me and do it with me. I am off work due to a back issue right now and was going to try Rips micro coil build for the mini protank last night, I just couldn't sit that long!
I actually got my first mech mod in the mail the other day... Thanks to Mod Envy and Custom Mod creations I now have a beautiful copper Caravela!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did my first Kayfun last night. Guess I have come a ways since I posted that. I still would have preferred someone to sit with me and do it with me. I am off work due to a back issue right now and was going to try Rips micro coil build for the mini protank last night, I just couldn't sit that long!
I actually got my first mech mod in the mail the other day... Thanks to Mod Envy and Custom Mod creations I now have a beautiful copper Caravela!
OOh, I'm a copper freak. Nice. Didn't notice the post date. sorry. And so sorry about you're back. I've had issues myself. There's a great and easy yoga position for the back called "Happy Baby". Google it. There's a pic. Anyone can do it no matter what you're level of pain. I do it whenever I can because it's fun. Be well. lol

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow that is a difficult question. I tried out most but not all and results varied sometimes I just got a lemon and had to replace it with the same tank that worked better. I would say my favorite are still the Aspire Vivi Nova-S aluminum wrapped Pyrex glass 3.5ml. When they first came out they were something like $14 but now you can get them here www.vaporbeast.com for around $8 which is a steal. The vape is very good and I never get tight draws. I would suggest pairing them with the new Aspire BVC single coils for best results. You can get coils from the beast as well if they have them in stock.

Other tanks I enjoy that are not rebuilds are: Aerotank V2, Aerotank Mega, Eleaf BDC, Davide, Innokin iClear30s and SMOK GBC and ARO.
The SMOK GBC really surprised me because I get a good throat hit and the flavor shines through well. You can probably find them for around $5 which is very cheap. The plastic is all fused into one so no removable drip tip but it doesn't matter to me. I vaped citrus and cinnamon and it never cracked so that's a plus. Overall good tank. Nautilus' are good as well I just think they are a little overstated for what they do and the coils are pricey. I do prefer the Mini Nautilus over the standard 5ml. I don't care for tanks that large. Lifespan of coils wasn't that great either although the BVC were an improvement but still prefer Kanger coils as they give off a better vape and last longer, not to mention cheaper and readily available anywhere. For now, I'll stick with the Aspire Vivi's they have served me very well.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
BVC coils put the Nauty ahead of the excellent Aerotank from what I am told by people at my local that know their vapes. Personally, I wont vape anything that I have not built....but I trust the opinions of those that vape both styles.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.mtbakervapor.com/cartomizers/smoktech-ego-dual-coil-cartomizer/
These are the best I have used for full on flavor,vapor production is great also,holds 5ml,and last for a few weeks before I have to trash them.As far as a tank though,I would go with my Nautilus over my Aerotank,I have the Innokin 30S also,bottom leaks a little,draw is way to tight for me.With the Nauti,I can do slow lung hits on the biggest airflow setting,doesn't leak,flavor is good along with vapor.And when I switched to the BVC's it was even better.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank
OOh, I'm a copper freak. Nice. Didn't notice the post date. sorry. And so sorry about you're back. I've had issues myself. There's a great and easy yoga position for the back called "Happy Baby". Google it. There's a pic. Anyone can do it no matter what you're level of pain. I do it whenever I can because it's fun. Be well. lol
s, I will google it. Been looking at that terrible bone c word. Off to therapy then more blood work today and bone scan tomorrow

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BVC coils put the Nauty ahead of the excellent Aerotank from what I am told by people at my local that know their vapes. Personally, I wont vape anything that I have not built....but I trust the opinions of those that vape both styles.
Yeah, see. I build and I use BVC coils because they are better than most I've tried. However, I can't say I've had much experience with kanger coils so I can't make the comparison. I'd like to hear from someone who has. I only have the you tube reviews to go on.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank

s, I will google it. Been looking at that terrible bone c word. Off to therapy then more blood work today and bone scan tomorrow
Ah, dear, I see. I wish you the best outcome, Damwow. And I'll keep you in my prayers, as well. :):D:)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank

Damwow I am praying for you. How do you like the vivo nova? I hate my nautilus, coils don't even last me 2 tanks. After 8 coils in 3 weeks I give up on it! I have 2 mini protank 3`s I love! Muth the coils 1.8/1.5 last me about 3- 10 fills on mini protank 3. HOLDS 1.6 ml. I believe. personally on the new style coils.I vape at 3.5-4.0v. Longest so far lasted 5 days @ 2-3 ml. Per day. Shortest 1 day. I don't think coils like me.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So my favorites at the moment are my Aspire Vivi Nova stainless, and my aspire et-s bdc I have two 5 packs of the bvc replacements for my et-s however I and my taste, I do not like them really, I still am liking the bdc for them. to me there was to much air flow or to loose so to speak, I am more a flavor chaser then a cloud chaser, I have a Kanger protank III mini, that I have not even fiddled with as of yet. My wife said after about a hour of using the new bvc coil to please change hers out and put one of the bdc back in and I felt the same way, was just odd really. However that is one of those things it is to each of our own tastes. Since I live in the Houston area I buy most all my stuff wholesale from warehouses near the port, so have tried alot of tanks, and keep coming back to the Authentic Vivi Nova and Authentic ET-S by aspire.....

Just my 2ml.......

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Aspire tanks 1.8 Coil here is my Wacky Set up for the day the tank is as big as the mod .
e66d8e132811357575ceccabcbbcdc74.jpg
8170d42a403fc04b1f29c4c44b9c0235.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my favorites at the moment are my Aspire Vivi Nova stainless, and my aspire et-s bdc I have two 5 packs of the bvc replacements for my et-s however I and my taste, I do not like them really, I still am liking the bdc for them. to me there was to much air flow or to loose so to speak, I am more a flavor chaser then a cloud chaser, I have a Kanger protank III mini, that I have not even fiddled with as of yet. My wife said after about a hour of using the new bvc coil to please change hers out and put one of the bdc back in and I felt the same way, was just odd really. However that is one of those things it is to each of our own tastes. Since I live in the Houston area I buy most all my stuff wholesale from warehouses near the port, so have tried alot of tanks, and keep coming back to the Authentic Vivi Nova and Authentic ET-S by aspire.....

Just my 2ml.......
Thanks Delion! I am all about a warm good tasting vape! I could care less about smoke clouds... I'm thinking bdc's also. Thanks 4 info

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes people are raving it's better than their $170 set ups. Come payday I'm ordering one from rock bottom vapes

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm goung to get myself another and buy some for Xmas stocking stuffer for some family members that vape.

Sent from my SGH-T999

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes people are raving it's better than their $170 set ups. Come payday I'm ordering one from rock bottom vapes
About those BVC coils. Sometimes you just get a crappy coil in the bunch (I'm in the middle of battling it out with Aspire about that).I was wondering if you break them in properly? Because when I get a good BVC coil (and I do like the BDC, too) it can last me 2-3 wks depending on the juice. I vape 5-10mls per day (basically chain vape). You also have to be careful of the type battery you use. Too much power and you blow the coil. Now that's what Aspire says, but I've seen some people run it at 20 watts! I save that kind of power for my rebuildables.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@muth that is about how much I vape per day, I just still prefer the bdc, I had heard so much good about the bvc and I still have like 8 of them left I might give them another shot just to be fair, but I keep alot of my bdc's on hand as well, however I think for now I have found my setup I like he best we will see, I was wondering if those bvc's could have been bad, because I had heard about the quality issue, so I will give it another chance next time one of these coils is ready to be changed out. Let me know what you find out from aspire lol.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went into a vape shop an hour from home today. Turns out my coils were bdc not bvc. Owner put in a bvc and it still tasted nasty burnt to me, but in my mini protank 3 no burnt taste at all. Owner thinks I just got a bad tank. At least I figured my issue out.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About those BVC coils. Sometimes you just get a crappy coil in the bunch (I'm in the middle of battling it out with Aspire about that).I was wondering if you break them in properly? Because when I get a good BVC coil (and I do like the BDC, too) it can last me 2-3 wks depending on the juice. I vape 5-10mls per day (basically chain vape). You also have to be careful of the type battery you use. Too much power and you blow the coil. Now that's what Aspire says, but I've seen some people run it at 20 watts! I save that kind of power for my rebuildables.
Ha! No worries about battery power here yet as I'm using a spinner 2 clone only goes to 4.8 volts!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too bad about battling w company. One would think a good company would guarantee its items and replace defects. Is what it is...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Most 5 packs that i have received usually have one dud in it , it's pretty common and good luck getting Aspire to send you a new one . If a few were duds then i would complain.

As far as breaking in the BVC's , definitely , i have noticed they don't shine until used for a while and vaping a brand new one does not do the head justice if you judge by the first few vapes.

As far as wattage , imo anything over 15 watts is pushing it for the best possible performance and taste , i vape at between 12 and 14 watts . Dropping the BVC heads into some boiling water for a minute or two works wonders and they are good to go after they dry.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@VH fan Interesting technique (boiling water). How did u get that idea? I take my syringe and inject the intake holes in the head with some juice before screwing them into the base. I can use right away and shortens the break-in period considerably. But, I still start off with the small airflow hole and work my way up. Another thing I do (and I've been wanting to post a picture of it) is open up the holes on the head just a little. Some people drill out the airflow hole{s} on their Nautilus and that helps but you can only go so far because you have the tiny flow holes on the head you have to get through, too. I've got my Nautilus modified enough now that I can get lung hits. Not that that should be the end all goal. But it's nice to have. Just got a Silo Tank which comes with big airflow. Lung hits galore on that thing. But what a juice beast! lol

FM696269

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ive got juice in the nautlus mini and juice in my iclear 30's and i switch them every hour or so dependant on what i wanna vape and tbh, i think the iclear 30 performs just as good as the nautlius for flavour and vape production, only problem i have with the iclear is the tight draw, i keep trying to spin the bottom to open the hole up more!

both good tanks though tbh, nautilus mini wins, just for air flow adjuster

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ive got juice in the nautlus mini and juice in my iclear 30's and i switch them every hour or so dependant on what i wanna vape and tbh, i think the iclear 30 performs just as good as the nautlius for flavour and vape production, only problem i have with the iclear is the tight draw, i keep trying to spin the bottom to open the hole up more!

both good tanks though tbh, nautilus mini wins, just for air flow adjuster
The Beyond Vapes Silo Tank Mini is only $15 and rocks the airflow. Just got the 5ml Silo and you can do lung hits on this beast. Just took a look at my old iclear 30 and can see that the 2 tiny airflow holes (located on the 510 pin connection) might be modified if you're careful not to ruin the threads. Check out that Silo. Aspire Atlantis copied it 100% and just put their name on it, with the exception of their new BVC coils.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just wondering how you can tell the BVC is a dud? I just got my first mini tank and I'm still using the first coil, which seems to be working great. Also how can you tell when it "breaks in"? I have probably taken 100-130 puffs so far and haven't really had any difference in the flavour or vapor production.

Vaping the mini nautilus on the MVP2.0 usually on 4.8-5V

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my purple istick nautilus and of course my plastic drip tip lol!

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Btw sounds like the BVC or whichever you got was not good maybe not even authentic? I use max VG running chain Vape a week now!

rich424

Member For 4 Years
I have to vote for Aspire Nautilus mini!!! Hands down!! Best flavor and just the right of vape ( also use a Innokin iSub and need to make sure I exhale to the side or I can't see my phone screen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Areotank Mega and this might seem strange my EVOD, s and the Aspire Nautilus. .. Kayfun. ...

Sent from my SGH-T999

ToxicSludge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Once the bvc coils were available,I switched both of my Nautilus tanks over and gave the others away,mostly protanks.Best flavor/vape for me.I also bought new Nautilus tanks for my kids and grand kids to use instead of smoking.I also bought them new V5's/batteries/charger.They love this stuff now and all but two,gave up analogs.

the Italian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ciao from Italy.........if you don t want build coils.............Nautilus,Artic,kanger subtAnk with occ .15. .5. 1.2. And 1.5Ohm

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sense Herakles or the OBS T-VTC. The OBS does have an optional RBA deck if you do decide to go rebuildable though.

LifeIsGood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Freemax starre! Best of it all, huge clouds, amazing taste and plenty of air flow. Also no leaks! Starre all the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So what is the best tank, for taste and vapor without having to rebuild!
My personal fav is the Smok Tfv4 with the quad coil. The quad coil gives you loads of vape and the flavor is amazing with only .16 ohms resistance you get really nice flavors out of almost any juice. It has other nice options as well the drip rip is awesome as it is double walled and keeps the tip from heating up also there are many different coils available and if you do find someone to show you how to build this tank has an RTA deck available as well. The top fill is also a great addition to this tank setup.

Attachments

• 14456666218411058777935.jpg
    14456666218411058777935.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 38

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll cast my vote for best flavor in a non rebuildable... Smok Tfv4 With the quad coil. I have also heard good things about the sextuple coil that I have not yet tried.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vapeston Maganus is the best tank I've ever had. I've used the isub, Atlantis, Arctic, kanger t3d and kanger subtank

The Freemax Starre is identical to the Maganus in every respect except price, just FYI.

Mine is kinda sitting and feeling lonely since I got a trio of Herakles tanks, though ....

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a lot of tanks. But, with out a doubt, the Herakles and the Crown are the best tanks I've
ever owned for vapor and flavor. Period.

VU Sponsors