Become a Patron!

Your favorite grape & cotton candy flavoring?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My sister and gf are obsessed with grape and I'm about to place an order.

I have fa Concord grape and ocean myst purilum but neither seem to hit the spot.

Looking for a sweet grape.

Edit: my favorite eliquid for the past few years was strawberry cotton candy from a local shop. I'd like to try making something similar. Any advice on this would be awesome as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cotton candy is generally just Ethyl Maltol. I prefer the Circus Cotton candy by TFA to the regular E.M. but it does have an added flavor to it besides cotton candy. I'm guessing it's a blue cotton candy because that's what's on the picture. You could grab some E.M. and add a very small amount of strawberry to it. I'd probably go for more of an artificial type to emulate the strawberry cotton candy. (TFA Strawberry perhaps?)
For grape... I do like the Concord Grape but in small percentages. 1/2% with E.M. added. FE Grape is among the same lines. I have yet to mix up the INW Grapes I have... but honestly I haven't been wow'd by any grape flavor I've tried thus far. Here's a recipe to try if you have the stuff.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/332077/J Dip
2% Blueberry Candy
1% Ethyl Vanillan (or 2% regular vanillan)
1% FA Grape Concord

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks rin! I've used fa Concord grape twice and both times it was like I was vaping perfume lol

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd give Flavorah grape a try. It's really only the one I've seen get consistently good recommendations on.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very good grape juice flavor.

Yeah it's juicy. Definitely the best of the grapes I tried before realizing that vaping grape was just something that sounded better in my head then a thing I actually found myself wanting to do lol. Few of my friends love it though.

Like banana it's one of Flavorah's mostly top secret winners if you are in to that flavor profile. But hey ,when they are $5+ with no good reviews on Bull City and the other $2 bottles have a bunch of random positive ones, they ain't going to get much attention when people go shopping ;)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks rin! I've used fa Concord grape twice and both times it was like I was vaping perfume lol
I found that mixing it with the Blueberry candy is essential... it takes away some of the unpleasant aspects of FA Grape... at least to me. It's one of the only grape vapes I've actually enjoyed. Mostly they just taste like medicine to me.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah it's juicy. Definitely the best of the grapes I tried before realizing that vaping grape was just something that sounded better in my head then a thing I actually found myself wanting to do lol. Few of my friends love it though.

Like banana it's one of Flavorah's mostly top secret winners if you are in to that flavor profile. But hey ,when they are $5+ with no good reviews on Bull City and the other $2 bottles have a bunch of random positive ones, they ain't going to get much attention when people go shopping ;)
Very true... I've given up on finding an authentic banana.. I found TFA Banana Nut bread and that's the closest it's gotten for me... All of the others I've tried just taste like candy.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very true... I've given up on finding an authentic banana.. I found TFA Banana Nut bread and that's the closest it's gotten for me... All of the others I've tried just taste like candy.

For random fun I just looked up how many different banana bread recipes I've made using other flavors, and before finally finding one I actually liked enough to make again.

63 :)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For random fun I just looked up how many different banana bread recipes I've made using other flavors, and before finally finding one I actually liked enough to make again.

63 :)
Geez... TFA Banana Nut Bread is beautiful... Doesn't need to steep either.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have Grape (FW) and Concord Grape (FA) at the moment. I combine them and only use the Concord at about .5 - 1.0 %. I've made a Grape, Apple, Pear combo that I like but still needs some tweaking. Everybody else says that they can taste the grape but I get mostly apple/pear. I'm looking to get Grape Juice (TFA) and Grape (INW) to help round out the flavour.

I don't have a cotton candy yet but was looking to get Blueberry Cotton Candy (FW) as I may need a sweetener besides marshmallow. ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got tfa grape candy and it's pretty good. Tastes like a grape jolly rancher

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't hardly stand the FA Concord. Too perfumy.
I like TFA Grape Candy & FLV Grape. I've also been messing around with FW Grape Soda a little lately, as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All those threads and nobody told you to get the Fuji!?

FA Fuji is one of the best concentrates ever made!

I have INW grape. Never tried it alone :(. I use it in Grack Juice. I also got TFA-Grape Juice as a free sample from Bull City. I haven't tested it yet.

TFA-Blueberry Cotton candy is ok. Its nothing special to me. I use the regular cc as a sweetener only. Im curious about the circus cc now.

I like the link above with HICs strawberry/joy combo.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All those threads and nobody told you to get the Fuji!?

I chose a few from the ones suggested from my standalone thread and the Fuji never made it into the cart. I only grabbed 5 flavors to start with. Derp.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I chose a few from the ones suggested from my standalone thread and the Fuji never made it into the cart.

For me, FA Fuji is good but ...not so much as a stand alone flavor. It always seemed to need a little something. You did okay :wave:

Ron
---
"The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success?"- Larry Flynt

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've only used cotton candy like the EM it is, haven't done any actual cotton candy recipes or played around with the blue/circus/strawberry versions, so can't comment there.

I get a weird soapy-floral/lavender note from TFA Grape Candy, but I have similar issues with their Blueberry, Pear, and Rose candies as well. Might just be me. I got it strictly to explore grape bubblegum possibilities, and when it didn't work out I subbed TFA Grape Juice and that worked well. TFA Bubblegum 6%, Grape Juice 4%, sweetener whatever floats your boat seems to work well, and those amounts are totally negotiable. Just be aware that Grape Juice is actually closer to grape Kool Aid than Welch's. Definitely a very "purple" grape. I like it better than FA Concord, but if you're trying to get to real grape, I'd go FA Concord and/or White Grape.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't hardly stand the FA Concord. Too perfumy.

I find the same thing. I occasionally add some in VERY SMALL quantities as it's seems to add a slightly tart grape flavour after steeping for a while.

I now have some of the TFA Grape Juice and mix a bit of it into several recipes to round out the grape flavour. And I agree about the Fuji Apple. It's a great flavour ... especially when mixed with some Capella Double Apple. The two seem to compliment each other very well IMO.

I seldom use the Blueberry Cotton Candy. In some of my recipes I use TFA Marshmallow. And I use TFA Sweetener in a couple recipes but honestly find that most don't even need any type of sweetener in them at all. And almost every brand name e-liquid that I try seems WAAAYYYYY too sweet for me now.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find the same thing. I occasionally add some in VERY SMALL quantities as it's seems to add a slightly tart grape flavour after steeping for a while.

That's the only way I'll be able to get rid of the rest of mine, so I do the same thing.
I add small amounts to several recipes, but when it's gone, it's GONE.

VU Sponsors