Become a Patron!

Your favorite single flavor recipe?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to DIY (3-4 weeks) and was just curious. I was thinking I'd love a straight creamy vanilla flavor so that's what prompted me to make this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
*Wow... Either I didn't read the first post or he changed it... Lol...

I don't have a single vanilla I'd vape alone to be honest...
Flavorah Vanilla Custard and Molinberry's Custard are good on their own but I prefer to add something else.
TFA Whipped cream is my favorite additive to add a little extra something
Shisha Vanilla is another great additive but will obviously add vanilla notes

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm new to DIY (3-4 weeks) and was just curious. I was thinking I'd love a straight creamy vanilla flavor so that's what prompted me to make this thread.

You may need to mix 2 flavors to get what you're after, but some base flavors that may help are:

TFA Vanilla Swirl
FA Vanilla Classic
TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Liquid Barn Vanilla Ice Cream
(These all seem to be a mixture of both Vanilla & Cream IMO)
(4-6% probably a good starting point but may need more if it's not enough to taste)
DIYFS French Vanilla & Holy Vanilla are great too, but probably will need some Cream added)

Creams to make them more, well, "creamy"...
TFA Dairy Milk (2%)
FW Milk (2-4%)
FE Oak Milk (ecx only) (2%)
CAP Sweet Cream (1-2%)
Hangsen Cream (0.5%)
FA Fresh Cream (1%)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can we even get Game Over Custard anymore? I have about 10ml that I guard like gold because I'm afraid we won't be able to get any.
Granted they aren't vanillas, but I love Flavorah Irish cream as a 3% standalone. TFA mocha is good alone at 5%. And I have a grape flavoring I got from MadVapes a long time ago, a brand called Top Vapor. At 3% it's the tastiest grape I've ever had. Add 2% FA fuji and it's a yummy "grapple."

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*Wow... Either I didn't read the first post or he changed it... Lol...

I don't have a single vanilla I'd vape alone to be honest...
Flavorah Vanilla Custard and Molinberry's Custard are good on their own but I prefer to add something else.
TFA Whipped cream is my favorite additive to add a little extra something
Shisha Vanilla is another great additive but will obviously add vanilla notes

Haha I never edited my post. I was curious what flavors people vaped by themselves and threw in what I thought would be good. Other people just started helping me out which I appreciate!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only downside to vanilla is it has to steep and I'm pretty bad at letting things steep lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure....
I can add the 4oz. size to my cart... but not the 15ml size. I don't like it that much to buy 4oz. :)

Ron
---
"The fantasy of a man is the best weapon of a woman."- Sophia Loren
Holy cow, I'd hate to even think what 4oz would cost.....:eek:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy cow, I'd hate to even think what 4oz would cost.....:eek:

Far be it for me to mention it to you!

While this may not sway your purchasing decision, I believe in the past, when spending the amount of $$ the 4 oz. would cost, a customer would qualify for Free Shipping. :bliss:

Ron
---
"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places."- Henny Youngman

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Far be it for me to mention it to you!

While this may not sway your purchasing decision, I believe in the past, when spending the amount of $$ the 4 oz. would cost, a customer would qualify for Free Shipping. :bliss:

Ron
---
"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places."- Henny Youngman
.............:giggle::giggle:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only downside to vanilla is it has to steep and I'm pretty bad at letting things steep lol

Is this true for all vanillas, regardless of manufacturer?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this true for all vanillas, regardless of manufacturer?
No, not necessarily. Vanillas paired with creams will benefit from a steep, but flavors like FA vanilla classic are pretty much the same straight away. I've vaped IA shisha vanilla fresh with no issues, as well as TFA vanilla swirl. Standalone flavors have no other flavors to "blend" with and seldom need much if any acclimation time with PG, VG, and nic.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not necessarily. Vanillas paired with creams will benefit from a steep, but flavors like FA vanilla classic are pretty much the same straight away. I've vaped IA shisha vanilla fresh with no issues, as well as TFA vanilla swirl. Standalone flavors have no other flavors to "blend" with and seldom need much if any acclimation time with PG, VG, and nic.

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha I never edited my post. I was curious what flavors people vaped by themselves and threw in what I thought would be good. Other people just started helping me out which I appreciate!
Ok... So maybe I didn't need to delete my initial post... Lol. My single flavors are usually a fruit mixture of some sort. I still stand by the Flavorah Wild Melon, Flavorah Blueberry Muffin.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok... So maybe I didn't need to delete my initial post... Lol. My single flavors are usually a fruit mixture of some sort. I still stand by the Flavorah Wild Melon, Flavorah Blueberry Muffin.
Haven't tried the wild melon, but for some reason the blueberry muffin tastes like raisin bread to me. I like it, but I'm not tasting blueberry muffin.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haven't tried the wild melon, but for some reason the blueberry muffin tastes like raisin bread to me. I like it, but I'm not tasting blueberry muffin.
That is weird. Lol. I mix it at 2% and its golden. But I have seen that it's an either love or hate flavor.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been told that Vanilla Overload is very very good from gremlindiy. It's not a single flavor, but it's a flavor base or "One Shot" so you use it like a single flavor.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, they have I think 8-10 one shots. They seem to be the same flavors as their juice line, just concentrates. I've been meaning to go read reviews on their juice website to see if I want to try any :)

VU Sponsors