Your "go to" 18650 ... what is it?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm doing fine with the Panasonic NCR18650PF. But will also try the Efest 3100 purple in the near future for shitz-n-giggles.

How about the rest of you?

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vtc4 on mechs, green Panasonic on regulated stuff.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My fave batt is the old CGR18650CH gray Panasonic. I got some of those that are nearly two years old and still good as ever. :)

Lately, I'm liking the Sony VTC* batts and my Samsung INR18650-25R 20A/2500mAh for the mech stuff.

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VTC5 is number 1 for me right now.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For mech's my VTC 4&5's For others devices with protection built in Panasonic NCR1860PF and NCR18650B

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For mech's my VTC 4&5's For others devices with protection built in Panasonic NCR1860PF and NCR18650B
What difference do you see between the PF and B?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have Sony VTC4's and Efest 35A 2600Mah purples. The Sony's hit significantly harder than the Efests. That being said the Sony's go go with my high power dippers on copper mods to minimize voltage drop and Efests go in my mods with tanks on um.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whut, you mean there is better than Fandyfire?

How many "xxx fire" brands are out there?!?! Even a Tangsfire ...
ForFucksSake_large.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How many "xxx fire" brands are out there?!?! Even a Tangsfire ...
ForFucksSake_large.jpg

LOL IDK....

Although, genuine Trustfire "flames" ARE good batteries. They are all I use in my Buzz Pro. They kick the AW 16340's azz sideways. Not as good as Powerizers, but close.

Then again, the kewl sub-ohm kids nowadays 'prolyl have no idea what I just said...lol

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flat-top greenies. I think they're the Panasonics. 2600mAh. Everything else on the label has worn off at this point, but these fuckers are champions. DO YOU HEAR ME? Champions.

Second place for me is the red flat-top Efest 2000mAh.

My only other batteries are generic red Chinese nipple-top things which are good enough i guess. I'm sure there are better batteries than the ones i've got. I kind of covet them purple things.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usw teh ultrafier 18350 in my che you clone 0.18 ohm sub ohm for cloud comps do u even sub ohm bro?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VTC 4 & 5 in mechs, Efest 35A purples in my Transformer mod, Orbtronic PD 2900 in the neglected, unused Provari.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"Go to" would be NCR18650B because of the run time. I don't really use anything that causes me to need more amps.

Delta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I typically use VTC3-5s but I got some purple efest 2500mAh in the mail today. Ha we'll see how they vape

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
green sony vtc5, red lg he2, gray panasonic ncr bd.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What difference do you see between the PF and B?
Longer run time on the B but lower amp limit. Not a concern on a regulated device with its 6.8 amp constant and 12 amp pulse. The PF has a 10 constant and 18 amp pulse rating.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fave batt is the old CGR18650CH gray Panasonic. I got some of those that are nearly two years old and still good as ever. :)
Orbtronics is selling those for $6.99 not to shabby.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Purple Efest 3100. I like that battery!!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any of you try 18650s with a 4.35v charge capacity? Any advantages with regard to battery life between charges? And are there any issues when using one in a regulated mod that supports 4.2v charge (e.g., the Sigelei 30W)?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any of you try 18650s with a 4.35v charge capacity? Any advantages with regard to battery life between charges? And are there any issues when using one in a regulated mod that supports 4.2v charge (e.g., the Sigelei 30W)?
Most won't have a charger capable of the 4.35 volt charge.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am all about the Samsung INR 20-R ... I am huge on battery testing, and the tests for this battery are very impressive. I was pissed when word got out about Samsung INR's several months ago, I used to be able to get them for under $7 bucks a pair when they were "unknown".

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sony VTC4's in my regulated and VTC5's for my mechs. @Nikkita6, how do the Samsungs compare with the VTC's? If you have a link, please share.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am all about the Samsung INR 20-R ... I am huge on battery testing, and the tests for this battery are very impressive. I was pissed when word got out about Samsung INR's several months ago, I used to be able to get them for under $7 bucks a pair when they were "unknown".

I got two of the 25-R's shipped in about two days for about $18 from Triangle Vapes. Great vendor IMO. :)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Dhim, Is the voltage drop difference between the VTC4 and 5 (the 4 has a lower drop than the 5) that big of a "noticeable" difference? Since I usually strait up HASH my RDA's @ around 0.2 ohms, I've always used the 5's for this and the 4's in my regulated. I get a little more battery life with the extra 500 mah. By the time I'm really starting to enjoy a vape on the 4's, time to change batteries with a noticeable difference in vapability. With the 5's, another 1/2 to 1 hours. My personal experience has suggested that the drop is negligible in the "hit" experience at that low of res.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
@Chowder to be perfectly honest, I bet in a blind test I bet people couldn't tell the difference thus giving the nod to 5's. On the flip side, I have a bunch of 4's and I don't see the urgent need to upgrade to 5's when the 4's haven't deteriorated. When the 4's die out I'll likely replace them with 5's (6's or whatever else comes out). With that said, the 4's do fall off a cliff which in a way might not be a bad thing. You never have to worry about overvaping them. The change is so drastic you know when to abandon ship.

The meme was moreso for joking purposes :)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Dhim, agreed. However, the confirmation is encouraging. Thanks!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey floks, I just heard of a 18650, 60 amp, 4000 mah IMR comming out. But then again, It was while I was hunting snipes......I never did catch one. Damn birds!

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use vtc3's and 4's and I have a couple mnke batts that I use in mechs, I also have 6 3100mah purple efests for a few box mods. I currently have a hana clone and have 3 other boxes on order

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey floks, I just heard of a 18650, 60 amp, 4000 mah IMR comming out. But then again, It was while I was hunting snipes......I never did catch one. Damn birds!
Where did you here about this from? Almost sounds too good to be true but one can always hope.

Snipes...heh

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you here about this from? Almost sounds too good to be true but one can always hope.

Snipes...heh

Well, I was told the snipes are real also! lol

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Snipe is a real bird. They're a beach bird.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Sony VTC4's in my regulated and VTC5's for my mechs. @Nikkita6, how do the Samsungs compare with the VTC's? If you have a link, please share.

@Chowder, One of the battery testers that I follow does not have any tests published in his 18650 comparator for me to show a comparison of the Samsung 20R vs the Sony VTC4 however, I can show you Samsung vs Efest purple 35a (aka crapfest IMO) to give you an idea of the Samsung's performance. Such beautiful curves on the Samsung.

This test show the Samsung vs Efest 35a at only 15 & 20Amps. Samsung in the red, Efest in blue ... Samsung is the better of these two

2kBBknt.png

There is another battery tester that I follow, that has published tests for the Sony VTC4, but he only tests up to 5a, and the test was against a Panny CGR.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Snipe is a real bird. They're a beach bird.
Not while hunting in the deep woods along a thin trail and a canvas sack! Hasn't anybody else heard of this or was I the only gullible 5 year old? Starting to seam as a waisted reference. Sorry to have waisted time here, move along, nothing to see..........

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I got two of the 25-R's shipped in about two days for about $18 from Triangle Vapes. Great vendor IMO. :)

@ CaFF, I've been looking at tests up to 5A on the Samsung 25-R, and it murdered the Panny CGR, that it tested against, which is not surprising. The Panny CGR is rather outdated at this point to me, and I would have preferred to see the Samsung tested against a more worthy opponent. :p

Samsung makes some of the best batteries out there, and they usually test impressively. Beautiful discharge curves, and so solid, and consistent in performance.

Efest on the other hand? :eek: I don't own any Sony's, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I had the need for a new pair, and I couldn't find Samsung's. Sony's always test very nicely as well, another solid brand IMO.

Thanks for the info for Triangle Vapes/25-R's, I have that vendor book marked. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks love but I already have these... you must have missed my post above where I posted screen shots of HJK's comparator. :p

Ah, I couldn't read the url in the image, but thought it looked familiar. Anyways, best to have the source discussion eh? ;)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Chowder, One of the battery testers that I follow does not have any tests published in his 18650 comparator for me to show a comparison of the Samsung 20R vs the Sony VTC4 however, I can show you Samsung vs Efest purple 35a (aka crapfest IMO) to give you an idea of the Samsung's performance. Such beautiful curves on the Samsung.

This test show the Samsung vs Efest 35a at only 15 & 20Amps. Samsung in the red, Efest in blue ... Samsung is the better of these two

2kBBknt.png

There is another battery tester that I follow, that has published tests for the Sony VTC4, but he only tests up to 5a, and the test was against a Panny CGR.
Thanks, you're awesome Nikkita6, that's a good starting point!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ah, I couldn't read the url in the image, but thought it looked familiar. Anyways, best to have the source discussion eh? ;)

Righto! I have been following HJK and AkkuDB for about a year now ... its because of HJK that I became comfortable with venturing into mechs, due to battery safety concerns. Since then, I will not buy a battery that does not have a published test for it.

HJK has been my late night companion on many occasions, I used to be totally obsessed with reviewing battery tests. :oops:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not while hunting in the deep woods along a thin trail and a canvas sack! Hasn't anybody else heard of this or was I the only gullible 5 year old? Starting to seam as a waisted reference. Sorry to have waisted time here, move along, nothing to see..........
No, I remember well the "snipe hunting" trips out in the woods back when in Cub Scouts!

Now, off to read more about these Samsung batteries Nikkita6 keeps referring to.

VU Sponsors