Become a Patron!

Your Most Annoying Build?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemo builds. So many people have such good luck with them, but I just couldn't get it right reliably. Actually, I should say I lost the ability to. My first few months went fine then one day I suddenly got dry hits on every build I tried. I'd be good for half a tank and then it would fall apart. I ended up selling both and buying a Subtank instead. Sure, I feel slightly defeated, but I don't buy tanks to fuss with, that's what drippers are for

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I was into tanks (bought four) then realized my dripper is what I like most.

It would be the obstreperous AGA-T2 that was my first genny. Gawd what a hassle that thing was to build! Hated those dinky little brass thumbscews on the center post, and they would come loose under heat. I'd have to use two pairs of hemostats to get them tightened right. It was a pain in the ass.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Obstreperous: "resisting control or restraint in a difficult manner; unruly"

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 atties, still sitting on the shelf due to me not being able to build them properly... The Geyser RDA and the Steam Turbine Genny. Maybe one day ill figure them out but time and patience are scarce in my world. In the meantime I run a Kayfun v4 (flavor) and an Arctic tank (clouds) for out and about. For dripping at home I run a Tobh Atty V2 for flavor and a Royal Hunter for clouds. I also have a Chtulu en route (somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean as we speak)... so I dont see the Geyser or the Steam Turbine coming off the shelf anytime soon...

Deffinately the Doge v2 everyone is so hype about it...I'm a dual macro coil kinda guy between 5-8 wraps or dual parallel macros just depends macros just don't work in the Doge v2 and I like to sit between like .15 .2 ohms and that's a hot vape and with the Doge being all metal and having no option for a delrin chuffed cap or something I hate that...it's so basic. My top 3.rda's are tobeco velocity , fogwind alliance, and wotofo troll...my favorite right now is the velocity....it WOULD be the troll but two things have me turned off...1: the white chuff...I'd rather it be black...just a picky thing for me...and 2: the metal casing sits too loose on the rda deck it literally pops right off. I don't like that...Mainly because I have to twist it by the juice covered rda deck to take it off my mod and that shits annoying af it should be like the alliance and be tight as fuck or be like the velocity and have a little clip inside that keeps it from turning on the rda deck so it can spin Right off the mod. If it weren't for those cons the troll would be my favorite rda. Got a little off topic but yeah anywayS fuck a Doge v2 Foreal lmao

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Doge V2 is a competition atty... that seems all that it is designed for. Monster comp winning clouds. Not made with heat dissipation in mind, so yes I can see how it would get hot rather quickly. Especially chain vaping or a long session. I almost picked it up but I pulled the trigger instead on the Royal Hunter. Just as easy to build, comparable airflow, and a Delrin Chuff cap with built in screen. Looks better too (that dog looks silly IMHO, LOL). But either way anything under .2 is a HOT ass build. I run a .12 Dual parallel 8 (16) wrap 24g Nichrome build in my Royal Hunter. I have to give it about a full minute between hits or it does get really hot. I run it on a SMPL, only 25 or 30 good hits till its time to change the battery, but that's to be expected with a build that low...

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2. The Geyser RDA: very narrow areas to build on...teaches me to inspect the device carefully and consider it prior to beginning a build. I've spent a couple hours messing with it. I'm not done with this one either!!
What build do you run in your Geyser? I tried a Quad 28g Kanthal build @2mm. having trouble getting the coils to fire evenly. when you adjust one, it will push another out of place. Also when test/dry burning it, that Teflon piece in the middle gets hot and melty. Just a shitty design IMO. No juice well, but I can deal with that. But I can imagine what a tasty vape it could be if I get it built right.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm with whoever said any dual Ni200 build.
Has anybody had any luck with Ni200 contact coils? I managed one contact coil with 28 ga tempered, 2.5 mm id 13 wraps around .14 IIRC (I know, once I torched it, it was annealed). I have that in a Big Block 454, which is a pain in the butt vertical coil atty. I didn't use the post hole or the ring, just looped the wire under the screws. Works great! I wonder why....

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
anything with nickel or a genny with mesh. I can pull it off just fine, the juice just isnt worth my squeeze

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have two Goblins and I just have one hell of a time with there small build deck....... and they leak too! Other than that, I love 'em.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aris was by far the worst pos to build on period.. bar none

VU Sponsors