Become a Patron!

Your perfect DIY workbench

Hey guys, I currently have a man cave that im thinking of updating and having a area just for making my e liquids and coils as well as store the concentrates. Thinking of how to pull it off got me wondering, what is your idea of a perfect workspace and storage system. I currently have a cluttered desk and a few toolboxes full of my flavors and other mixing supplies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine would be (will be someday) have rolling drawers, and a flat top, with a slot for everything including a directional gooseneck light with magnifier.

A small permanent vice, wire dispensers, are a must, lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys, I currently have a man cave that im thinking of updating and having a area just for making my e liquids and coils as well as store the concentrates. Thinking of how to pull it off got me wondering, what is your idea of a perfect workspace and storage system. I currently have a cluttered desk and a few toolboxes full of my flavors and other mixing supplies.
That about sums mine up. Flavors in stackable storage boxes that snap together, top piece has a handle, so it's sorta portable, but I don't trust it enough to not hold the bottom when I carry it to the kitchen. Then, I sit at the island or kitchen counter to mix. Coil stuff, in a smaller craft box, like a cheapie tool box.
I don't mind that I don't have a specific station for it all, since I prefer to mix near a sink anyway. I do admire the specific set ups that I see people post, but it's just not practical in my house.

Mine would be (will be someday) have rolling drawers, and a flat top, with a slot for everything including a directional gooseneck light with magnifier.

A small permanent vice, wire dispensers, are a must, lol

That sounds close to what I want, have a hell of a time trying to organise all my bottles so would be nice to have draws for specific flavor types. Probably a few cupboards for my steeping e liquids and a little cubby hole for my gloves. Most importantly a kitchen roll dispenser for the inevitable vg spill (really need to get a funnel ).

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That sounds close to what I want, have a hell of a time trying to organise all my bottles so would be nice to have draws for specific flavor types. Probably a few cupboards for my steeping e liquids and a little cubby hole for my gloves. Most importantly a kitchen roll dispenser for the inevitable vg spill (really need to get a funnel ).

Good call on the paper towel dispenser - will add that to the mental checklist :)

Chris80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wife bought me a cabinet that has 4 shelves in it. A couple of shelves with my concentrates organized into categories, a shelf for my mixing tools and bottles, and a shelf for paper towels etc. Sits right next to a desk with an adjustable lamp and my notebook on the notes I've gathered so far.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Definitely want a lip around the top to prevent accidental roll offs - especially teeny screws

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good to hear I'm not the only clumsy mixer here haha, and might sound silly but what's a yorker Bottle?
Any plastic squeeze bottle that has this type of topper. The opening is large enough to easily squeeze VG through.

upload_2016-11-28_11-18-26.png or the twist top cap upload_2016-11-28_11-20-5.png

VU Sponsors