Become a Patron!

Your Subtank mini builds

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guess il give rayon a go couldnt cere less about vapour im a flavour chaser all though i do want some vapour for some satisfaction lol

happy vaping
The trick to rayon is to use more then you would with cotton. It doesn't expand when wet like cotton, so you want it fairly tight in the coil to ensure positive contact. Using "too much" rayon will give you a slight nutty flavor, this is fine, it will go away in a few hits, and isn't unpleasant....i like tasting it, means my wick is packed enough to last (easy to get 200+ ml through a rayon wick)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The trick to rayon is to use more then you would with cotton. It doesn't expand when wet like cotton, so you want it fairly tight in the coil to ensure positive contact. Using "too much" rayon will give you a slight nutty flavor, this is fine, it will go away in a few hits, and isn't unpleasant....i like tasting it, means my wick is packed enough to last (easy to get 200+ ml through a rayon wick)
Sounds good man il grab some tomorrow when i grab some 32 gauge wire

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers looking forward to trying this now lol

happy vaping
There is video tutorials, but the way they hold the wire never worked well for me. I trap both wires in the drill chuck (28 in three center, 32 on the side) and then pinch the 32 to the 28 tightly between thumb and finger, the drill does the rest...pushes my fingers out as each wrap is made. Don't run the drill too fast unless you have good callouses (I play guitar, thick skin :p) as it will burn your fingers.... But I can do it running drill at full speed, much faster then the method on the videos

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is video tutorials, but the way they hold the wire never worked well for me. I trap both wires in the drill chuck (28 in three center, 32 on the side) and then pinch the 32 to the 28 tightly between thumb and finger, the drill does the rest...pushes my fingers out as each wrap is made. Don't run the drill too fast unless you have good callouses (I play guitar, thick skin :p) as it will burn your fingers.... But I can do it running drill at full speed, much faster then the method on the videos
Thats how rip tripper do it yeah im a builder so i have thick skin from all the grafting i do haha

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds good man il grab some tomorrow when i grab some 32 gauge wire

happy vaping
The easiest rayon to use is from Sally's beauty supply, but they only sell I in bulk... Around $15 for what amounts to a life time supply. Make sure the box says 100% rayon, they have two identical boxes, but one is a cotton blend. If you just want to try rayon before you buy, you can pick up a Kotex pad, find the one with rayon liner (its clean, I promise :p)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The easiest rayon to use is from Sally's beauty supply, but they only sell I in bulk... Around $15 for what amounts to a life time supply. Make sure the box says 100% rayon, they have two identical boxes, but one is a cotton blend. If you just want to try rayon before you buy, you can pick up a Kotex pad, find the one with rayon liner (its clean, I promise :p)
Il go to the vape shop they should have the correct one lol

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Il go to the vape shop they should have the correct one lol

happy vaping
You will pay almost as much for a small sample as you would for a whole box of Sally's rayon... And most shops are just selling repackaged Sally's rayon anyways

MattyRetro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run a 4/5 26ga, around a 2mm rod, spaced wrap that comes out to .53 ohms. It's a nice flavorful vape with plenty of clouds. I use koh gen do cotton. Also, I vape around 23 watts. When I get a chance, I'll try a touching coil and see what the flavor is like.

MattyRetro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, I think the stock OCC coils are ok at best and I would avoid using Rayon. I bought a lot of it and never liked the flavor or the scratchy throat that I got from it. To each their own though.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, I think the stock OCC coils are ok at best and I would avoid using Rayon. I bought a lot of it and never liked the flavor or the scratchy throat that I got from it. To each their own though.
Yeah haven't bought rayon wana try get a good build first lol now gona try making theis clapton coil

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
585389742b3d3648cc09c63477edfd0f.jpg
first clapton messed up a bit in the middle though :/ flavours definitely abit better but its spraying juice up the chimney like mad? Whys that? And hell of a throat hit on it aswel?
Im thinking maybe 4 wraps would be better?

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually use one of these to do my winds on. Standard screw driver that comes with anything electronic like iPhones parts an what not..

CE803BB9-0E50-4FD0-8EC6-C0081A6DCF1C-3491-0000022C8352B8A3_zpsv0wvclh2.jpg

You like my light saber key :)

I have no idea what size it is BUT before i randomly picked this up and started using it. I actually took apart a ball point pen and use the ink tube in there to wind coils on....i always had one THOSE handy :)
d3c7ed9aed324659adae601ce4b28ac0.jpg
got a nice one done now i do find it abit hot of a vape though lol

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The scratchy throat would be from improved Nic delivery, you can lower Nic level to fix that.
Cotton tastes like wet T shirt to me now, I get no flavor off of rayon except the juice

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Increasing the airflow will cool it down some. What wattage at you vaping it at?
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Increasing the airflow will cool it down some. What wattage at you vaping it at?
26-27w seems the sweet spot for this ry4 nutzilla on this build 1,3 ohm

happy vaping

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It cools it down by introducing more air to the system. You also have a diminishing return on the flavor and cloud density when you start tweaking these things. More air may be a good thing, but too much air certainly is not. you have to find that balance that YOU are happy with and not some guy online...

start small and then go bigger, but dont go full bore unless you know 100% that its what you want

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At around 25 watts I never got a hot vape, but vape temp is pretty subjective. You could try moving the coil down closer to the air hole

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It cools it down by introducing more air to the system. You also have a diminishing return on the flavor and cloud density when you start tweaking these things. More air may be a good thing, but too much air certainly is not. you have to find that balance that YOU are happy with and not some guy online...

start small and then go bigger, but dont go full bore unless you know 100% that its what you want
Ok I understand that thnx can you just explain what u mean by diminishing return on flavour is lol sorry im being dumb haha

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At around 25 watts I never got a hot vape, but vape temp is pretty subjective. You could try moving the coil down closer to the air hole
Id rather try lowering it as this build seems almost perfect just a shame i dont like the hotness of it i dont mind a warm vape but this is a bit more then i like lol

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id rather try lowering it as this build seems almost perfect just a shame i dont like the hotness of it i dont mind a warm vape but this is a bit more then i like lol

happy vaping
As an experiment, try dropping the wattage down to around 20, and cutting the airflow down to the middle setting :p
See how that goes for ya

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As an experiment, try dropping the wattage down to around 20, and cutting the airflow down to the middle setting :p
See how that goes for ya
20w open airflow cool vape but loss in flavour
20w 2nd air flow setting flavour comes back cool vape for first 2 hits starts warming up after that lol

happy vaping

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
20w open airflow cool vape but loss in flavour
20w 2nd air flow setting flavour comes back cool vape for first 2 hits starts warming up after that lol

happy vaping
That's residual heat.... You can cool it off faster by continuing your draw after releasing the fire button

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I understand that thnx can you just explain what u mean by diminishing return on flavour is lol sorry im being dumb haha

happy vaping

You know how the first bite of pizza might be most magical thing you have ever eaten...and the last bite... is not...thats diminishing return...or at least the way i figure it

If you keep opening the air flow, you will sacrifice flavor at a certain point, and density because you are adding more air...you are not adding more juice...the juice flow stays the same cause you coil is constant...thats like adding too much water to your coffee, too much and its no goo, too little and it no good, this is where you have to find the perfect amount of air for that juice. and why many manufactures are making soo many options for air flow....

Each and every juice reacts differently then the other...and what works for one, might not be best for another...this can even vary from one juice batch to another...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's residual heat.... You can cool it off faster by continuing your draw after releasing the fire button
Yeah you are rite there dont like the 2nd air flow though way to tight

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know how the first bite of pizza might be most magical thing you have ever eaten...and the last bite... is not...thats diminishing return...or at least the way i figure it

If you keep opening the air flow, you will sacrifice flavor at a certain point, and density because you are adding more air...you are not adding more juice...the juice flow stays the same cause you coil is constant...thats like adding too much water to your coffee, too much and its no goo, too little and it no good, this is where you have to find the perfect amount of air for that juice. and why many manufactures are making soo many options for air flow....

Each and every juice reacts differently then the other...and what works for one, might not be best for another...this can even vary from one juice batch to another...
Very good explanation there mate cheers so i guess thats why hot vapes gives better flavour with more air because the coil is staying hot to keep the juice flowing im guessing? Guess il just put up with it for tonight an play around more after work tomorrow lol

happy vaping

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually people want to open the air flow when they actually should go the other way around. Im not here tell you what to do, just offer a suggestion, and something to consider based off of my own experience.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Usually people want to open the air flow when they actually should go the other way around. Im not here tell you what to do, just offer a suggestion, and something to consider based off of my own experience.
Hi soz to bother you again lol! With the clapton build do you find it sprays juice up the mouth piece? Not alot just sorays little host bits of juice and when ya put ya tung in front of the mouth piece you can feel the spray? If so do you have any suggestions on how to stop it? Its kinda annoying lol

happy vaping

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i used clapton coils on my silver subtank but had to do them vertical to keep that from happening

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i used clapton coils on my silver subtank but had to do them vertical to keep that from happening
Oh i bet there a bugger todo vertical lol! Iv tryed vertical before (not capton) but found it very poor to vape i should try this though

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@kwtony just to let you know iv put more wick in the usual with a tight fit and that has helped ALOT i think cuz the coil is springy it dont matter

happy vaping

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When your coil is wrapped in a spring, it has horizontal travel, but it wont expand with the cotton. I have found many times once you wet the cotton and get it hot, is when most of the thermal expansion happens. Try pulling off a layer of cotton and see what the does for you in your tank, you might notice a more flavorful hit because the juice doesn't have to fight its way to the coil.

I have had to cut cotton out of coils before because they were so tight in there, i can assure you that they didn't go in that tight...

Food for thought...

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi soz to bother you again lol! With the clapton build do you find it sprays juice up the mouth piece? Not alot just sorays little host bits of juice and when ya put ya tung in front of the mouth piece you can feel the spray? If so do you have any suggestions on how to stop it? Its kinda annoying lol

happy vaping
The spit back can be lowered by finding the optimal wattage, up your watts a bit at a time till you find the sweet spot. My 28/32 1.2 ohm Clapton in a sub tank doesn't spit back at 25-30 watts......my 24/28 .3 ohm Clapton build doesn't stop spitting till over 100 watts

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use this same tank on my subox with spider silk and it works beautifully, nice and compact. This is the Trinity Copa Tip. Apparently the tip of a very popular reviewer on the youtube, I bought it without knowing until I watched one of his videos and saw it...kinda funny.
BAC56B9A-32C4-4299-8D53-723F32C6E383-3491-0000021034768454_zpsaclq5dmy.jpg
Yoo first of all cheers for suggesting clapton coil im absolutely loving it first time iv left a coil in the tank for more then 3 days haha! Just ordered some already made to save me the hassle of making it :)
How is this mod and the new tank for you compare to the older style subtank?
I believe that has more air flow and the new rba so any pros or cons for you as you have both styles?
Reason for asking i wana get another mod and kanger tank to make changing flavours easier and see this online for £50 bargain!!! Very tempted to but it

happy vaping

fwtechwiz

Member For 4 Years
I'm using twisted 28 ga. Kanthal, around a 2mm post, 5 wraps. Getting around ..45 to .55 ohms, coil heated and tightly pressed together.
Rayon wicked on the RBA modified with 1/16" holes drilled directly above the tiny juice channels. Noticed at least 3-fold increase in flavor over the coils supplied with the RBA or the stock .5 ohm OCC coils. Ramp up time is slower, but running between 18 and 22 amps gets me nice dense clouds and very good flavor.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yoo first of all cheers for suggesting clapton coil im absolutely loving it first time iv left a coil in the tank for more then 3 days haha! Just ordered some already made to save me the hassle of making it :)
How is this mod and the new tank for you compare to the older style subtank?
I believe that has more air flow and the new rba so any pros or cons for you as you have both styles?
Reason for asking i wana get another mod and kanger tank to make changing flavours easier and see this online for £50 bargain!!! Very tempted to but it

happy vaping
I thought I suggested the Clapton :p

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought I suggested the Clapton :p
Ooh looking through you did haha sprry about that thanks man! Still wana try some more coils though but at the mo clapton is now my favourite around 2mm bit
I have found 2mm seems to be abit better in flavour compare to 2.4mm but then again that could just be me lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm using twisted 28 ga. Kanthal, around a 2mm post, 5 wraps. Getting around ..45 to .55 ohms, coil heated and tightly pressed together.
Rayon wicked on the RBA modified with 1/16" holes drilled directly above the tiny juice channels. Noticed at least 3-fold increase in flavor over the coils supplied with the RBA or the stock .5 ohm OCC coils. Ramp up time is slower, but running between 18 and 22 amps gets me nice dense clouds and very good flavor.
I was doing twisted 28g but found clapton coil to be better give it a try'!
Oh when you twist your wire do you twist it till it brakes from the drill or until its nice and even

happy vaping

fwtechwiz

Member For 4 Years
I twist until it breaks. Then heat it until red and let it cool, that keeps it from springing out when I wrap it. Makes a nice tight coil.
I've thought about trying a clapton, say 32 ga. wrapped around 28 ga.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I twist until it breaks. Then heat it until red and let it cool, that keeps it from springing out when I wrap it. Makes a nice tight coil.
I've thought about trying a clapton, say 32 ga. wrapped around 28 ga.
Yeah thats what i did and id definitely go for clapton 2mm ID i buy my clapton now 1m for £5 of ebay and wraps are so good it dont spit like my own made one did!
Flavour is awesome aswell give it ago!

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Got one :)
7f70dbc435c53cd6e2aff8e751451e3f.jpg

happy vaping

VU Sponsors