Become a Patron!

Your thoughts.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
So I was out with the guy that actually introduced me to vaping. We both started with the Ego/Vivi setups you used to see in malls. Well a year or two pass and I'm still vaping. He went back to cigarettes. Last night he see's my setup and wants me to put something solid together for him to try again.

Here's the requirements and what I'm thinking. He drives a truck. So dripping is out. He does want to be able to put out some decent vapor though. Filling on the go isn't an option. I was thinking an IPV2. We have the IPV2 and IPV3. He liked the 2 more. With a 3100mah battery I'm sure he could get through a full day. As far as tanks, maybe some clearomizers. He doesn't want to build at the moment. Keep a few full and he can just swap them at a light if necessary. What would you recommend?

Basically he just wants to be able to put out a lot of vapor and get off the cigarettes. I let him use the IPV2 for the rest of the night after he mentioned it and he didn't smoke at all. But that was on an orchid. Any clearomizers hit anything close to that? I saw twisted had one that seemed to be putting out pretty well. I think the biggest thing with him is a decent throat hit.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the aspire atlantis for cleros. I will be showing it to all my friends/family who smoke and don't want to build. It is not on the level of rebuildabals, but is as good a clero as I have seen. It is about 75% of my orchids output. One thing to consider, it is sub ohm so the mod needs to be able to handle it. Also, it can mech well with a fully charged battery. 4.2V will put it at just over 30 watts, however I found it vapes best around 35 and as the mech starts to die it will not hit as well. I like my dna30 on it though (it is all I use my dna 30 for now since I got my sigelei).

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For me the Vivi Nova seems to be the most hassle free. It never leaks on me, only has four parts so it's a breeze to clean and really vapes well with a lot of flavor for a top single coil tank. I think the ones I have are Vivi Nova 2s from Got Vape.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could show him how to wrap, install, wick, juice, fire and vape in the time it takes to drink a beer. Pick dripper or kayfun'ish device. If it's a dripper then a REO. If it's a tank then 30 watt minimum regulated. Sounds like he needs to get straight to doing it right this time. Quit screwing around. ;)

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I recommend Aroma WTA e-juice for a month. It helped me kick cigs after 40yrs.
Its a little expensive, but the only juice that helped me with the cravings the first month.
Sitting in a truck, not smoking, will be tough. Been there.
If he goes with top coil clearomizers don't get the "Red Tail" juice, too much VG to wick properly.
The "PM" flavor is just like a cig.,and good vapor.
http://www.aromaejuice.com/Whole-Tobacco-Alkaloid-WTA-Eliquids_c33.htm

Can't help with the equipment, as I went from a Halo Triton to rebuildables.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't imagine he really wants THAT much vapor though in the cab of the truck. That's probably not the best place to chase clouds. :eek:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pff,
You know your a vapor when it's 40 degrees out and the windows are down because clouds.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have yet to produce any REAL clouds because I haven't gotten deeply into rebuilding and mech mods yet, but last night I was vaping on a crappy old protank mini and for some reason it was producing massive clouds. I was like waving my hand in front of my face trying to see the movie on the laptop. Sometimes these pvs have minds of their own.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You don't need mechs for clouds. I like my copper fuhattan mech, but my best clouds are on my sigelei 100w.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also noticed one time while vaping in a friend's car that it left a pinkish film over the windows. After she saw that she never let me vape in her car again.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure a truck driver knows how to manipulate the airflow through his cab and how to exhale into the airflow so as not to fog himself the fuck out. Gimme a break.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure a truck driver knows how to manipulate the airflow through his cab and how to exhale into the airflow so as not to fog himself the fuck out. Gimme a break.
Point taken. I've never driven a truck so was just using my imagination. :cool:

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I could see the big clouds being an issue. I've killed myself in call of duty several times trying to sneak a vape and then blinding myself.

I could definitely show him how to build and I'd prefer to. I just know he won't do that and it probably won't stick. I haven't used a clearo in a while. All rta/rda so I'm useless when it comes to them. Just what I've seen on reviews and what seems popular.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Once he's gotten used to vaping I have no doubts he will see the perks to building his own. He liked the way the orchid performed.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If the IPVs can work as a passthrough device they may be perfect for him as he can plug the sucker in while driving.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
If the IPVs can work as a passthrough device they may be perfect for him as he can plug the sucker in while driving.

Guess I should clarify he only drives locally. I'm not sure if it's pass through or not. There is USB charging though and he can always carry two batteries, That's what I do.

ManaBase

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i would set him up with a fasttech dna 30 and 3 protank3's. 3 tanks will last him a day and a half or so depending and i would also grab him a 2 battery nitecore and 2 extra 18650s. every truck has access to 110 plugs.

that will give him atleast a day and a half of use without having to fuck with a charger and will give him great reliability and easy to refill

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007864/1927705-h-ana-modz-pack-dna-30-style-mod
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1119500-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart

i would get the tanks and the batterys at your local

all toll maybe 150 bucks

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
How is the vapor from the protanks on a variable device? That sounds perfect actually. Would still go with the ipv2. I've been through 2 DNA clones.

ManaBase

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vapor on a 2 ohm coil at 14-15 watts is great. i use that setup while driving quite a bit. i run higher vg liquids admittedly but its still reasonable output. hees not gonna be chucking weathersystems but im sure heel be happy. and when he moves into rba's its allways good to have a protank or some such device in the glovebox or as a backup

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would tell him to pick up a full size Nautilus and go with BVC head's , that model holds a ton of juice , has superb flavor for a tank and those coils can last two weeks a piece . Very very good vapor production as well and is bullet proof if you get the stainless tank.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would set him up with a fasttech dna 30 and 3 protank3's. 3 tanks will last him a day and a half or so depending and i would also grab him a 2 battery nitecore and 2 extra 18650s. every truck has access to 110 plugs.
You don't need a 110 outlet with the Nitecore d2, it will plug into a cig lighter outlet. I charge my 18650's while on the road.

ManaBase

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You don't need a 110 outlet with the Nitecore d2, it will plug into a cig lighter outlet. I charge my 18650's while on the road.
yup whatever works

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am enjoying the ipv2 with an orchid v2 . I love this setup. If you build him some good coils they should last for months. All he would need to do is rinse dry burn and rewick every 3 fills. I also use as a pass thru if getting low on battery while out and about. I have used my coils duals 29 Guage 1.4 ohms with Japanese cotton for over a month and they are still going strong. Vaping between 13.5 watts and 15 watts depending on the e liquid. I wish your friend all the best.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nitecore chargers have been a staple for the vaping community for years and are a great bang for your buck charger that gets it done. Sure they may not be on par with some of the XStars but they are also less money .

Tons of people rely on them everyday.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I have an extra nitecore and a battery fetish. I'll probably hook him up there.

I'm still working him on how easy it is to rewick. I've had the same coil in my orchids since I bought them. Wicking can be frustrating though. And orchids do tend to leak. Leaky but worth it.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes we do!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nitecore stuff seems a wee bit dodgy. Personally prefer Xtar.

Xtar V2 looks nice, but no 12volt car adapter. Funny how the packaging of xtar and nitecore looks similar. Same yellow and black color schemes. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same chinese company making both.

lawnguy

Member For 4 Years
In the amount of time it takes to read all of these replies, you could teach him to rebuild on a. Orchid with a IVP V2 or v3. Set him up right the first time, and he will thank you later.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
In the amount of time it takes to read all of these replies, you could teach him to rebuild on a. Orchid with a IVP V2 or v3. Set him up right the first time, and he will thank you later.

It's not my call. I've already said I'm more then willing. You can lead a horse to water... or ejuice.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The iTaste MVP2 has good battery life and is very low maintenance. It also has a passthrough. I heard there might be an MVP3 before the year is over though. If he wants a pen-like setup, I recommend the iTaste VV V3. It's small, so it could fit in a pocket and it also has a passthrough. The battery life is less than the MVP but it's much smaller.
Involving tanks, the Aspire Nautilus Mini is my favorite right now. It's low maintenance, has 510 threading and adjustable airflow.
Start with Mt. Baker Vapor for eLiquids. They are inexpensive yet have quality flavors (and a lot of them at that)
Hope that helps!

VU Sponsors