Become a Patron!

Your worst vape purchase

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, we have seen what is your best device now lets see what your worst is.

Explain what you bought that you consider your worst vape purchase and why?

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will lead off:

1. My first venture into vaping I went to a local B&M and bought a mod/batteries and charger. The charger was a Trustfire, even when the batteries where charged it sometimes would not turn the led from red to green (you had to look for it to change to an orange kind of look) then take the batteries out since it wasn't a smart charger.

2. Mod, I purchased a Sigelei 50w mod, while I got it cheap it really is cheap. You have to have the battery slide in straight sideways to even get it to go into it. The door for the battery compartment pivots off of a single TINY screw just begging to break off. The buttons are non responsive half the time.

3. Crown with rba deck. I honestly believe this is the most over rated piece I have bought. The rba deck is very small to build on, wicking is a hit or miss (mostly miss). While I have washed this thing out so many times it's insane there is still a metallic taste to anything I vape in it.

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had tried an Ego C 650 Mah battery by Joyetech with a CE5 tank, and the very first time I tried it, I never had a cig again. My wife had bought a starter kit from a coworker for $20.00, and I had to have one of my own. Went to local B/M and purchased an Ego T kit for $80.00. 2 batteries, 2 tanks, and a 5 pack of atomizers. Thought I was set, until I saw the same set up on Ebay for $25.99 shipped. I quickly learned to research prices and watch device reviews on youtube. I am a much smarter consumer now, and rarely make large purchases at that store.

Grimwald

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I began vaping in August of 2012 after 40+ years of heavy smoking. I was so excited because, after all of those years, I had finally stopped smoking. On Labor Day there was a 15% off sale (yes, my first sale). I stocked up on that first liquid that got me off cigarettes...a cheap Chinese tobacco flavor. I mean I really stocked up...20 bottles (30 mil bottles). I spent over $200 but I didn't want to ever run out of that magical elixir.

Well, nobody told me my taste might change. Two weeks later, I couldn't stand that stuff. Oh well, lesson learned.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I began vaping in August of 2012 after 40+ years of heavy smoking. I was so excited because, after all of those years, I had finally stopped smoking. On Labor Day there was a 15% off sale (yes, my first sale). I stocked up on that first liquid that got me off cigarettes...a cheap Chinese tobacco flavor. I mean I really stocked up...20 bottles (30 mil bottles). I spent over $200 but I didn't want to ever run out of that magical elixir.

Well, nobody told me my taste might change. Two weeks later, I couldn't stand that stuff. Oh well, lesson learned.
Boy can I relate to that. I bought so much liquid when I started, ended up giving about 45 bottles away. On the positive side I ran into them at Christmas and there still vaping some of them.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My provari 2.5, the only mod I've owned that has broken through regular use and; the purchase resulted in 99.9% of the negative social experiences I have had in the online vape community.

The screen broke after only 3 weeks of use and it took provape almost a month to fix it.
I know it'd a rare occurrence.

That and the whiteout deal so far-nuff said on that one

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Don't know about "worst," but there are purchases in which I've been disappointed.

First purchase: EVOD VV and disposable atty. Just sucked. But it did give me enough to know I wanted more, so not a complete waste.

OBS Crius. What can I say? Had promise. Missed. Fun to build on. Great fill method. Leaks intermittently. Flavour is just "ok"

Velocity Mini RDA. So far, after two different builds: Lots and lots of vapour. Not much flavour.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Amazingly for me, it's was the cthulhu v2 rta. Excellent concept but poorly executed. Can't believe I brought the thing like a month in advance. Sold it about a week later.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just a thread ...hell we'd need a whole forum for this subject.....I bought alot of cheap ass shit that I threw in the trash...the rsst what a piece of crap.. of youde's attys, a bunch...of wicks,wires,gee gaws, fads, if I had the money back I could by a glas.......fortunately I've never given a shit about mods per say...there's never been a mod I just had to have, and that saved me alot of dissapointment......but attys...there's been alot of them I had to have...., but there's only one I really couldn't do without.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had lot of crap but the one i remember as the worst was 3D RDA.
The idea behind it was nice but the execution was sub par, poor flavor and vapor, leaking from every hole imaginable including the hybrid connector.
A total waste of time and money.

Screw PC and I don't mean the computer.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We won't talk about the very early failures, too many to name (like any DCT atty).... the iStick 50, which died after two weeks....the latest I suppose would be the Nebox, which left me very disappointed, going to sell that one soon, as well as a Fogger tank. Never met a tank I couldn't wick till I got the Fogger and I just gave up.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigelei mini 30w was my worst. The 510 started stripping after two week and the screen was cheap. I lost it after a car accident and wasn't botherd at all.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Hahaha we've all been there. :) Wanna buy some 555? lol

But my most recent worse, a copper Mutation. Nothing, and I mean nothing taste good in this thing. Single coil, dual coil, twisted coil, Clapton. 4 different types of cotton. Just complete s****!

And I know that someone will eventually get on here and say Kanger subtank was their worse. But those things have been a game changer for me.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My second Maraxus tube mech clone. Bought the black version, it was just utter fail. Looks cool though. First one is still fantastic but I really lost the lottery on the black one...

Eleaf iStick 50. Bought into the hype and picked one up. Lost the lottery on that one too, worked great for a month then the board developed multiple personalities. Recycled.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it seemed like a good idea at the time.

d8b085233bc25e43eb15090ed8b37d82.jpg

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to try those in a design used for another purpose. But then came the reports that a dry burn could make them explode..........didn't go there.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my very worst purchase was M-Type tobacco flavor bt TFA to this day I at tmes can taste that totally god awfull taste when I feel a bit under the weather I had to throw out so much stuff it is IMHO the worst thing I have ever done...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The costliest mistake I made was buying two Itaste VTR's for Christmas of 2013 when then first came out those piece of shits broke within 3 months just utter junk and so freaking heavy

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The costliest mistake I made was buying two Itaste VTR's for Christmas of 2013 when then first came out those piece of shits broke within 3 months just utter junk and so freaking heavy

Thats kind of strange those where our first two mods and they are still working. The heavy part I will agree with, they feel like they where filled with lead.

rashole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blu cherry flavor disposable ecig. Took a handful of puffs and threw up. Had to throw the thing out the window it was so bad. Even looking at the thing would make me dry heave due to intensely horrid flavor.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thats kind of strange those where our first two mods and they are still working. The heavy part I will agree with, they feel like they where filled with lead.
I have no idea why mine went bad based on the build qualitly one would think they would still be around.. I think it was just bad luck with the batch I received. I should have said they were "Junk" to me

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea why mine went bad based on the build qualitly one would think they would still be around.. I think it was just bad luck with the batch I received. I should have said they were "Junk" to me

I know that there where some clones made also that where sold as authentic that where doing the same thing and dying fast, I don't know if that is the case for you but I had read on other forums about it happening and it made me worried at the time since I was new to vaping and like you paid a lot of money for them.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Years ago before I did diy like all of us I bought e liquid and usually by how many good write ups it had with 5 stars right. Bought a ry4 that everyone thought it was the greatest or at least most did. So bought it thinking it was going to set my world on fire. I was so excited I could not get in the carto fast enough. Took first draw then second draw then third and all I could think of in the time of doing so was dirty smelly feet lol. So let my works friends give it a try just to see if it was me. They all had the same reactions I did. Anyhow I decided then to do Diy and was happy ever since and so were my friends lol. Back then we did not have forums and many places to buy juice so it was a risk because a lot of the places would order from Chinese juice makers or they just did not have what it took to be making good juices.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know that there where some clones made also that where sold as authentic that where doing the same thing and dying fast, I don't know if that is the case for you but I had read on other forums about it happening and it made me worried at the time since I was new to vaping and like you paid a lot of money for them.
Nope it was as soon as they came out looking back at it I think the battery door was my main issue with one the other the electronics just acted wacked.. In fact I bought it the first week they were available.. On the other hand maybe it was the fact that I dropped them and probably threw them a few times

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the other hand maybe it was the fact that I dropped them and probably threw them a few times

Hmmm, I just can't see that being an issue, LOL. I know several cell phones of mine have not worked to well after giving them a bounce test.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, I just can't see that being an issue, LOL. I know several cell phones of mine have not worked to well after giving them a bounce test.
But then I have a old Vamo that is literally in pieces I tool a pic of it one time and it still works go figure..

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still have my 2 year old vtr never used it much, but out of all my vaping gear hexOhms tugboats 200w regulated devices tube mods ect. Everyone always looks at that box and goes omg that's an awesome mod... little do they know.. 15 watts lol to that.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still have my 2 year old vtr never used it much, but out of all my vaping gear hexOhms tugboats 200w regulated devices tube mods ect. Everyone always looks at that box and goes omg that's an awesome mod... little do they know.. 15 watts lol to that.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
I still have my cases for both the mods I totally took everythng out for over a year I kept trying to figure out how to use the cases.. they were awesome looking I have never seen a conversion done..

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My worst purchase was some make your own E-Liquid from EC Blends.

Where you look at all the flavors and decide what flavors up to 10 or so and what percentage of each to put in the bottle.

What I ended up with was the most revolting E-Liquid known to man (or even small farm animals).

Totally un vapable even after months of steeping.

Come to think of it, this may be while I have been putting off going into DIY!

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suppose my worst overall decision was to go with the 808 thread initially (back then, the 808 and 510 were pretty competitive, though!)

I have a ton of 808 threaded clearos from Smokeless Image that I can't use on my 510 mods as they have the eGo thread skirt on them as well as the 808 connection. I do keep a few Volt Spinners around for working in the garden or kicking around, so they do get some use, though.

Mod-wise, the Sigelei 75W. That thing was a monster, too heavy and too large for me, and it was overpowered even at the low end (I prefer 4.6 watts or so, it turns out). I have it in my Vapeocalypse box, but it would take a severe zombie invasion to get me to use it.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess my worst purchase was a pair of Fogger v5 tanks. I had a Fogger v4 that was pretty good and thought I'd try the new version since it was top fill. After fooling with trying to properly wick them for about a month, I gave up and tossed them in the junk drawer. I've seen kitchen strainers that held liquid better than these tanks did. :eek:

BZ33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started I got scammed with a counterfeit Vision Spinner II. It was from a shop on Newbury St in Boston which is one of the most upscale streets in the city so I thought I had nothing to worry about. Within 2 minutes of using it the paint started chipping off the button which led me to do some research online and I could easily see some differences between mine and the pictures online. I discovered a scratch off security code so I entered it online and the same number had been checked over 14000 times. I immediately called them up and couldn't believe the employees reaction. I told him about the security code and he tried telling me that the one I got was the actual authentic one, it was the other 14000 that were fake. I was uninformed about alot of things but I wasn't stupid. I called him on it and he told me if I don't like it then don't come back. I soon learned that they are well known for this type of stuff. The thing that blows my mind is that they have 4 different locations in Boston and no one who has an ounce of knowledge would ever spend a dime in there. They pray on new vapors and tourists who don't know any better. I'm still planning my revenge.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose my worst overall decision was to go with the 808 thread initially (back then, the 808 and 510 were pretty competitive, though!)

I have a ton of 808 threaded clearos from Smokeless Image that I can't use on my 510 mods as they have the eGo thread skirt on them as well as the 808 connection. I do keep a few Volt Spinners around for working in the garden or kicking around, so they do get some use, though.

Mod-wise, the Sigelei 75W. That thing was a monster, too heavy and too large for me, and it was overpowered even at the low end (I prefer 4.6 watts or so, it turns out). I have it in my Vapeocalypse box, but it would take a severe zombie invasion to get me to use it.
Ah, what a decision back in the day - I was feeling pretty smug about my decision to go 510 at one point, though now all I have to show for it are a handful of bridgeless attys and pre-punched cartos that'll likely never see the light of day...

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah, what a decision back in the day - I was feeling pretty smug about my decision to go 510 at one point, though now all I have to show for it are a handful of bridgeless attys and pre-punched cartos that'll likely never see the light of day...

I've about seventy T3 bases with an 808 center post and eGo thread. Fortunately, those still see occasional use. The rest of the stuff I've gotten rid of.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did a whole mess of MBV liquid with extra flavor shots when I bought my first expensive mod. Figured I could offset the cost. All I did was set up ejuice pifs. I would gey a cheap ego kit and of a bottle of juice with a pen to smokers. Pretty bad when even they thought is was unvapeable

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 75 watt, was my 1st sigelei mod, and thought they was meant to be solid mods, but on mine, both of the battery doors move around, which is really annoying when using it and the mod drains batteries really fast, only used it for a few weeks before I was done with it, now just sits on the shelf and had put me off anymore sigelei mods.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Koopor Mini !! It was a piece of junk that quit a day after warranty expired. My son still uses the Koopor Plus and it has been okay. The Mini was such a disappointment that was supposed to be USB updatable but the USB port was not usable. I swore off all Koopor/Smok products until I finally gave in and bought the Smok TFV4 and it has been good.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My worst purchase was some make your own E-Liquid from EC Blends.

Where you look at all the flavors and decide what flavors up to 10 or so and what percentage of each to put in the bottle.

What I ended up with was the most revolting E-Liquid known to man (or even small farm animals).

Totally un vapable even after months of steeping.

Come to think of it, this may be while I have been putting off going into DIY!
Lol that is where I got that ry4 I was talking about in this thread. It was not the make your own though. I did call the owner and he did admit it was Chinese and he said a lot of the American companys bought and resold it. Well at that time a lot did.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine was a clone vaporflask squonker. Lasted 3 weeks before the board burned out. Had a DNA40 board left over from a project, put it in and now it works. The original board looked like a 7 year old had soldered it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was a clone vaporflask squonker. Lasted 3 weeks before the board burned out. Had a DNA40 board left over from a project, put it in and now it works. The original board looked like a 7 year old had soldered it.
do you still use it much, and how is it as a squonker is it any good.

VU Sponsors