Become a Patron!

You're getting old when:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or how about when you find out that girl at the store you were checking out was born in 1998.. and you start to feel all nasty, then you do the math and you're just pissed cause you realize she's legal.. and just how old you really are. (I've only had 2 cars that 'new' lmfao)
Or that you still have underwear and pets that are older then they are.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know your old when....you realize that 97% of music being produced sucks.

Most of it sucks because most of it is all run through the same synthesizer and autotune. Music has become more about the eyecandy than the audio, I remember back when ugly people were popular because they could actually sing. Now it's all thongs, short shorts, twerking and whose booty is most 'outta control'.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the the good wishes everybody. I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes or so. I'll go ahead and get off here. Have fun all.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most people stop processing new music during their 20s, it just comes in from ear and out then other.
So if for example you like 90s music, you were born in the 70s.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I posted this one in Hank's Doghaus the other day: I had a few beers with my son the other day. He's 49, WTF?
I remember the first time I ordered a drink when out to dinner with my dad. He must've felt this way. I do remember him shaking his head when I took a drink and he said, "This is weird."

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Bud, I appreciate that.
I was not being negative just better treatment rates and options at less than stage 3.
Just being a realist about it PETs are not cheap and not needed if they did not suspect without a doubt the big c.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When you have more hair on your chin, than on your head.

When you can count the hair on your head.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you find them, hang onto them and attach the to 8.5x11 paper and send them to greedpoints they will give you face value towards gift cards.

Don't think I've seen any in at least 45 yrs. :(

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Most people stop processing new music during their 20s, it just comes in from ear and out then other.
So if for example you like 90s music, you were born in the 70s.

I was born in '61, and got so stuck for so long on "classic rock," I almost totally missed out on the great 90s music -- STP, Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc. Thankfully our son was born in '88, so in the early 2000s when he started high school, he got into the latter day great rock, and introduced us to it! But when he discovered Avenged 7fold's "Nightmare" on my playlist, he nearly had a heart attack. :giggle: Then went to work and told all his friends that his MOM liked that song! :giggle:

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it doesn't even QUALIFY as "music"!

Andria
I'm not that old and I did listen to some weird music when I was young, so to me just about anything qualifies as music, it's just that some of it qualifies as bad music.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you go to the store for razors, and all they have are 5 blade (five? When did that happen?) cartridges...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not that old and I did listen to some weird music when I was young, so to me just about anything qualifies as music, it's just that some of it qualifies as bad music.

I think the only music I ever listened to that might have (once!) qualified as "weird" was probably Pink Floyd... Emerson Lake & Palmer... Electric Light Orchestra... Allan Parsons Project... Yes... Jethro Tull... Now, I think all those except Allan Parsons is considered "progressive rock". But some of this shit nowadays.... well it's definitely NOISE, but music? Nah, not really.

And the only time someone should hear the bass in a car stereo is if they're in the car, or leaning against it. Hearing it from the next street over, as I do here... sorry, that's just NOISE.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did not know OR when I moved and cleaned out the grandparent's old place I would have saved the garbage bags filled with them.

We had "inherited" a really nice looking wall clock that my mom got with green stamps, when I was about 9 or 10.... but sadly, a few years ago it finally stopped working at all. :( I was sad, it felt like a piece of my childhood had died.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When you need longer arms, or reading glasses to build your coils.

Shoot, I needed longer arms when I was barely 40! Now that I'm 55, I'm thinking it's about time to abandon the cheaters and actually get some prescription glasses!

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need readers now.
You know you are old when Mr. Regan and Hurst were full of shit.
That hippy crap has some value.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o1rd4pj9wg1tlb56zo1_400_zpssxe5d9gw.gif

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You get to have selective hearing.
You miss what people are saying here and there, but can hear the slightest noise from miles away and a lot more things are considered noise.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Trying to answer my phone felt just like that, when I recently, FINALLY got a mobile phone. Fortunately I'm geek enough to go into settings/accessibility and set phone answering to "single tap." :D Now I don't need to have a connimption fit just to answer the stupid thing. :giggle:

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's not just trying to switch a page, he wants to send the page to the moon.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's not just trying to switch a page, he wants to send the page to the moon.

Or he's just trying to answer it, and is "swipe inept" as I am. :D

Andria

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was not being negative just better treatment rates and options at less than stage 3.
Just being a realist about it PETs are not cheap and not needed if they did not suspect without a doubt the big c.
Oh, I didn't think you were. Biopsy has already said it's squamous cancer, the scan is to find out what stage and if it has spread. I truly did appreciate the thought.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I didn't think you were. Biopsy has already said it's squamous cancer, the scan is to find out what stage and if it has spread.

May blessings waft in your general direction... ;)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is it - the thread where crazy, old vapers go to die..... :sad:......LOL!

ROFL.... a lady somewhere between my age and my husband's -- I'm guessing, maybe 60-ish? -- posted a pic of herself yesterday on twitter... to which I responded, "We are the proud, the middle-aged smoke-free vapers!" :giggle:

Andria

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think that one bordered on bad taste. Please forgive.

Last edited:

Custard poop

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you rule a vaping forum with your old hairy motorcycle gang memebers that say they were a Hells Angel.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And Mr. GreenJeans. How is it we can remember this shit, but not what I had for lunch?
Yeah... I had Mac and Cheese, and I remember what I was doing and where I was when they announced that Elvis had died.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And Mr. GreenJeans. How is it we can remember this shit, but not what I had for lunch?
Yeah... I had Mac and Cheese, and I remember what I was doing and where I was when they announced that Elvis had died.

VU Sponsors