VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Who called it?? Yet again Vaporjoes sources were correct.
Here is the latest wattage mod from Innokin The SVD 2.0. Innokin opted to go with Evolv and use the DNA20 chip.
Innokin has now moved into a new sub-market and unless this is a $79.00 mod - its DOA.

Let me breakdown why this was a TERRIBLE move on the part of Innokin.

THE BAD:

STRIKE 1: No innovation by Innokin and this mod is already OLD.

We always gave Innokin a pass on its lower power because they had such great style, form, and function. This is just a plain tube with what looks like plastic buttons. They are banking on the Evolv name to push this mod. To me this seemed like a good way for Evolv to get rid of a ton of DNA20 tech. This style and wattage limit HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH.

STRIKE 2: It will probably be expensive

Let's face it - we're looking at an Evolv chip and consider Innokin's past prices on mods.
It will be more expensive than any more powerful 30 watt tube or box mod coming from China.
Don't forget this mod is still ALL China. The brain is USA but its only as good as its weakest part.
They would need to price this under $79.00 for it to be viable.

STRIKE 3: Enter the new darling of regulation - The Box Mod

The latest rage in regulated (i.e SX chips, Raptor, etc) is the box mod. There has been a huge shift. Mod makers can do more and fit more batteries in that form factor. You don't need a CnC machine or Lathe to make a solid box mod.

STRIKE 4: UGLY

I'd love to know who gave the OK on this mod. Ugly as the day is long.
This can now be sold in both ecig and adult toy shops around the world - and fit right in.

STRIKE 5: Already Cloned at 30 Watts

KSD already has come out with a CHDNA 30 VAMO that is far better looking, probably cheaper, and has 10 more watts of power. Technically - wouldn't that make this mod a clone because KSD was first to release? CHECK IT OUT HERE

THE GOOD:

1. Innokins highest wattage to date.

This is Innokin's highest wattage mod to date, which gives a little more power to the vaper coming from the ego battery. In this day and age - it's an entry level wattage mod.

2. SOME quality

Though just a plain, ugly, and boring tube mod - this has both Evolv and Innokin names on it.
This means it will have SOME quality behind it. Which is important to many.

In my opinion this mod is a dog breakfast in terms of the online vaping community. This is geared more for the B&M shops. In the end I see this being a simple metal casket for the DNA20 chip to rot in - very few will buy it.

An ironic ending.... The USA DNA20 has its death throes in a Chinese mod.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are correct in the fact that thing is ugly and boring.. Ugh.. I expect more from innokin especially looking at their new mech mod coming out.. This seems like a rush job for sure!

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good for Evolv and Innokin for teaming up. Another regulated tube mod while not exactly exciting is still going to add to the quality choices most 'mainstream' vapers have at their local B&M shops. This is a good thing. Sure as heck beats that ugly huge ass SVD of theirs.

Doesn't float my boat but I'm not their target audience either.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
STRIKE 3: The new darling of regulation - The Box Mod

The latest rage in regulated (wattage) is the box mod. There has been a huge shift. Mod makers can do more and fit more batteries in that form factor. You don't need a CnC machine or Lathe to make a solid box mod.
ThjoEK2jQ7o

I just want to +1 that bit because it's music to my ears

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone - perhaps VaporJoe - already said something to this effect elsewhere: if this is the type of "upgrade" that's being planned for the next MVP, Innokin could be in trouble

vapire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya I was really dissapointed I was kind of hoping innokin and evolv were going to kick down the door with there new mod. In my honest opinion I can't see myself buying one unless the price is below 60 bucks.Seriously dissapointed.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I guess the "D" in the EVOLV DNA20D stands for Dildo ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got my SVD because it WAS NOT like the rest of the XYZmax and VAMO crowd. The button config alone with the somewhat steampunk style of it are unique in manufactured mods. Now, they ruined it. Bah.

I'll stick to my old SVD...it's SS and has flown off the top of a refrigerator and survived.

And, it's cool-looking. ;)

e27pCqD.jpg

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, ugly isn't the word. That thing looks horrible. Ugly is just part of it. Please tell me that's a pre-release and they are still working on it, gathering feedback and will be making improvements. If not, they will probably lose money on this one. Considering at peak, the SVD was selling for $99+ as a kit (and some vendors sold just the SVD for $99, no kit) and the fact that this thing only has 5 extra watts of power, I can't see them choosing this as a feasible release. That's somewhat shocking.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not only is ugly, it looks cheap as shit too, never mind it being under $79, think to sell any, they need to be $39, but I still would buy one, sure wouldn't be something to brag about lol

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hit the Innokin FB page today and no one had anything good to say about this mod/style.... me, either.

VU Sponsors