Become a Patron!

Yoyr thoughts: Expo banning clone sales

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting for my Gi2. Seems like I've been waiting forever it's been 6 months

Oh you went for it did you? Where did you bit it from - Facebook? They were stringing people along for months. Displaying photoshopped pics of supposedly made Gi2s. The whole thing just didn't sit well with me so I pulled out. It's when they wouldn't answer anyone's questions it made me think well their customer service is terrible. That don't go down well with me.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Listen i can't afford the expensive ones.
I think you have to look at this way.
What you say if you made one of those expensive mods and someone came along and copy it. How you feel.
Who kinda have to look at both ways.
Do I think there way over price yes I do. But we can do anything about that's why we buy the clones. Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I would love to show up with a trunk full of clones and hustle them in the parking lot! lol ;)

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suspect this has more to do with vendors not wanting people to see a side by side of the differences between good clones and legit devices. Half of these "original" devices are no better or no worse than good clones. Its not really that the clones are so good but a fair amount of high end makers phone it in these days.

Like it or not if it were not for clones 95% of us would still be on ego's and the like because most if not all of these original mods are to damn hard to get a hold of. I do not think I know a person that vapes that has not at some point had to do the stupid waiting list game or F5 ing to just TRY to get get a high end device even if you had the money for it.

If your original device is really worth the big bucks you shouldnt be afraid to put it up against a mass produced clone. For $100 to $400 depending on the high end device I would sure hope the quality and craftsmanship would be superior. People still buy high end devices even with clones so I really do not see why they should do something like that. Hell If I had a top notch high end mod I would almost want to have some clones at my table just to let people really see and feel the difference in person.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as Authentic Mod manufacturers aren't going aboot with unethical ways of actually out-sourcing to China to have them create clones of their very own Mods just to please their pockets when they only sell 100 a month or so.

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why buy a clone when there are original designs available for the same price? I think the majority of clone buyers do so in order to try and pass their copy off as an original. Be honest...would you have bought the clones you own if they did not have the logos and names on them? I also suspect most clone buyers have never created an original design of any kind with the hopes of supporting their family only to see a company rip them off and take sales away that would have provided food for the designers family.

I would wholeheartedly support a "no clone" expo.
I think it's safe to say most original designers aren't doing too bad considering most authentic mods sell out and the authentic crowd can't seem to keep up with production to make their products well distributed.. there are some exceptions to this obviously.. aka the convict mod for one example... it hasn't been cloned and is all over the place... do you know why it hasn't been cloned? because it's not just another tube with a 510 and a switch... what about the copper nemesis, it's a great mod and as far as I'm aware there is no authentic copper nemesis.. let alone the original designs being brought out by these companies that are known for cloning.. authentic vs clone is just the community drawing a line in the sand to separate the community when we should be standing together... the entire idea is to not smoke analog cigarettes so it doesn't really matter if your using an ego, a clone or authentic.. every cigarette avoided is a win.. the energy spent in the great clone vs authentic debate could be used elsewhere..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think an "EXPO" should be a class act, for makers and shops to show case their goods or production capabilities and for vapors to see what is new and cutting edge, and look at and ogle the best of the best, like the New York or Detroit Auto Show. Lot's of hype and so on.
If you want fastec pieces and other clone maker stuff, you can find a vape flea market or a Bric and Mortar coming soon to town near you I'm sure.. I would probably attend both. If it weren't for the pioneers and craftsmen in this industry, I would not be vaping on a new Fury S and a Magma.. :cool:

VU Sponsors