Become a Patron!

Yummycig Triumph Squonk 150W Box

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Triumph Squonk 150W Box from Yummycig. The Triumph Squonk 150W Box was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yummycig.

https://www.yummysun.com/triumph-150w-squonk-mod-1

Introduction

Yummycig is a brand new vaping manufacturer who have been quite brave releasing a dual battery squonk device first up. The Triumph is a lightweight no bells and whistles straight up power only device that is simple to use. The device has no menu system and is powered by their own chipset that fires down to 0.05ohms. While many people like their feature packed devices their are those that prefer as simple as possible as long as the device gives good performance, so how does the Triumph perform? i Let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 Triumph 150W Squonk Box Mod
1 Squonk Bottle
1 Extra Squonk Bottle
1 USB Charge
I User Manual
1 Packing Box

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Triumph Squonk device came in cardboard packaging with a picture of the device on the front. As a rule being a text reviewer i tend to just receive 1 of the product i am reviewing but on this occasion i did receive one of each colour available which is Blue, Green and Black. All are matte finishes and both the Blue, which is the one i have been using and the Green are particularly nice shades. The main materials of the device is ABS & PC but have a hard wearing rubber type coating with Goosebumps type texturing. The device is large but surprisingly comfortable in the hand and is extremely lightweight. I like that any branding or logos etc are carved into the device rather than printed so quite understated. Looking at both sides of the device most of what is on show is the back panel, towards the front both sides are 3 battery venting slots top and bottom and textured design for grip between. On one side towards the front of the device we have 3 sections of 8 venting holes in each for the PCB, the opposite side has the middle venting section replaced by "TRIUMPH" carved into the device. The front of the device see's a loaf shaped large fire button at the top which sits absolutely flush with the device. We then have a vertical rectangular Black panel which houses the screen, also on this panel towards the bottom we have 2 navigational buttons (in the colour of choice). The navigational buttons do protrude slightly but are almost flush, finally at the very bottom of this panel is the micro USB port. The spine of the device has an oval cutout to allow the pressing of the bottle then moving to the base we have branding and safety marks carved into the device. The top of the device has the 510 plate at the rear with Gold plated BF pin which doesn't seem to be spring loaded as i can't get any movement, central top we have the Yummycig logo carved into the device. The overall build quality bearing in mind it's a plastic device is very good but there is a slight gap between the top and bottom of the back panel and the main chassis but only slight and not wide enough to see inside the battery compartment, it's not a major issue and will not bother most people while bugging others, judge from the pictures.

Triumph Specs and Features:

Dimensions - 82mm by 52mm by 42mm
Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
7mL Squonk Bottle
Yummycigs Proprietary Chipset
Wattage Output Range: 5-150W
Maximum Voltage Output: 8.4V
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohms
Wattage Mode
Oversized Firing Button
OLED Display Screen
Magnetic Rear Battery Door
Over Puffing Protection
Temperature Precaution
Low Voltage Protection
No Atomizer Alert
Atomizer Short-Circuit Protection
Low or High Resistance Alert
Micro USB Port
Gold plated 510 Connection
Available in Black, Blue, Green

Fitting The Batteries

The back of the device needs to be removed to install your dual 18650 batteries and although their is no cutouts to get your nails into we do have some raised textured design between the venting slots both sides for very good grip. The panel does need quite a tug but the more i study the panel having cutouts would make no difference the fact is the magnets are extremely strong and the panel is fitted very securely with no movement whatsoever. Once the panel is off we have 3 compartments, the central compartment houses the squonk bottle and each side compartment accommodates an 18650 battery, again a good job is done here so if any liquid is spilt when installing or removing the bottle e-liquid is not going to get into the battery bays. Each battery bay has a ribbon for easy battery removal and the only issue i have with the set-up is the orientation is just carved into the plastic so not that easy to see.

The Display

The display can't really be faulted, it's clear, very bright and well laid out. At the top we have 2 elongated battery status indicator bars marked "A" and "B", below these is the voltage. Central is your wattage and preheat which is a choice between normal or normal! We then have the resistance followed at the bottom of the display by your puffs.

The Squonk Bottle

The squonk bottle is pressed via the nice sized oval cutout on the spine of the device which is a removable panel as mentioned in the "Fitting The Batteries" section. It holds 7ml of liquid which i count anything over 6ml as a pro and the tension is spot on being soft yet not too soft. With the back panel removed which i have already explained the bottle sits in the central compartment and has tubing protruding out the top which is fitted over the pipe of the device at the top of the compartment. To remove just pull the bottle outwards to clear the compartment floor then pull downwards and the tube slides off the pipe. To fill just unscrew the metal lid and remove along with the attached tubing, after filling the bottle lower the tubing on the underside of the lid into the bottle and screw the lid back on, you can then slide the protruding tubing over the pipe inside the device and push the bottle back into place. You do get a spare bottle and normally this would be a pro but the bazaar thing is you only get the bottle and tubing but no lid, and without the lid the bottle and tubing isn't really worth having!

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Navigating The Device

This is going to be a very short section because the device really has no features whatsoever. The device can be turned on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button and once on just adjust your wattage and vape. It does say normal which makes it look like their is different pre-heats but their isn't. The only way of locking the device is by 5 clicks and powering down and the only combination key press feature is pressing the + and - buttons together which resets the puff counter. Although many will find the lack (non existent) of features a big con their will be those that just adjust wattage and vape and really just don't need or want the extra baggage who will find the Triumph just what they are looking for. The wattage adjusts in 0.1w increments which isn't my preference as i much prefer 1w increments but it doesn't take long to scroll to the wattage you need as the Triumph scrolls possibly faster than any device i have used. The only other thing to mention in this section is the chipset comes with all the safety features you would expect from a regulated device.

Performance

When it comes to vaping with the device it impressed me, the chipset is very good. I like the fact this is just a 150w device as you get the wattage you dial in and i tried all sorts of wattage's including vaping at higher wattage than i'm comfortable with and it seemed very accurate. I also compared resistance to my DNA and YiHi devices and it seems to also read resistances bang on so to be honest quite gobsmacked just how well it performs. The device fires instantly with instant ramp up and although i don't go so low in resistance it will fire down as low as 0.05ohms. The device also squonks as well as any other squonking device and didn't have any leaking issues and the bottle is a very nice soft tension without being over soft. The fire button gives a very nice satisfying click but i would much prefer some protrusion to make it easier to find, after saying that it's big enough and no real issue. Despite being light and comfortable in the hand the Triumph is a large device and very tall considering the batteries it accommodates are 18650's so i feel it was a big missed opportunity to have a centred 510 so you could fit large atty's up top, as it is you are looking at 25mm before any overhang and a lot of wasted real estate. The other issue i have with the device is because the 510 isn't spring loaded i did get a bit of gaping with some atty's but all screwed down far enough where they were fitted tight enough to have no movement. I don't know whether it's because of the simplicity of the device but it seemed very efficient giving very good battery life compared to the average life you get from dual 18650 devices, although i would only charge batteries inside a device if it was my only option the Triumph also supports balanced charging.

Despite size feels really nice in the hand
Nice hard wearing rubber type coating
Colour shades are nice
Dual squonk device
Display, clear, bright and well laid out
The device is as simple to use as it gets
Performs impressively
Fires instantly with instant ramp up
All resistances and wattage's accurate
Fires down to 0.05
Squonks very well
7ml squonk bottle capacity
Perfect tension on bottle (my opinion)
Back panel fits very securely with no movement whatsoever
Battery ribbons fitted
2 battery status indication bars (1 for each battery)
Efficient (good battery life)
Supports balanced charging

Cons

No features or menu system (some will prefer this)
Although light and ergonomic it is a very large device
510 not centred (missed opportunity)
510 not spring loaded (some atty's have a gap)
No lid with spare bottle
Poorly marked battery orientation
Fire button sits flush (objective)
Slight gap above and below back panel (it is slight and will only bother some people)

I would once again like to thank Yummycig for supplying the Triumph Squonk 150W Box for the purpose of this review.

https://www.yummysun.com/triumph-150w-squonk-mod-1

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I agree - center the damned 510 - tubing flexes enough.

Otherwise, I like the looks enough to buy just the housing for a PWM board ;-)

VU Sponsors