Become a Patron!

Zephyrus vs Billow v2

Oleskool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everyone. I'm thinking about these two RTA's. These are the ones that look interesting to me. Could anyone that has tried both give me insight on pro's and con's of the two? Maybe you have tried both and moved on to something else that would be of interest to me also.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've used both and they're both great, each with pros and cons.

Billow v2 pros: holds more eliquid, easier to build on with a slightly larger build deck and chimney. Has lips around airflow to help reduce leaking into airflow holes. Adjustable 510 pin. Gives good vapor and flavor.

Cons: glass section is slightly larger than base at 23mm, wicking can be a challenge until you learn how to do it properly. Bottom fill so you have to remove tank section and fill through slots in the base while upside down. Wider juice tips and droppers don't fit in slots so you have to take time to fill. Taller than zephyrus. Can be tight to take apart

Zephyrus pros: easy to fill, top fill using a plug. More airflow even though billow v2 is really good. You can buy coil heads for when you don't feel like building. Easier to wick. Comes apart easily for cleaning. Multiple colored o rings and seals for customization. Shorter than billow v2. Gives really good flavor and vapor.

Cons, chimney sleeve is narrower than it looks so you have less room for coil builds (largest I can get is 26g on 2.5mm rod and that's tight. Plug can be a pain to get in and out. Can leak easier on its side if you don't wick properly. If you don't close airflow when filling, you will get a little gurgling for the first few hits.

I use both on a daily basis and you can't go wrong with either. I also exclusively use ni200 and titanium wire on temperature control mods. If I could only get one, it would probably be the zephyrus since I find the flavor slightly better, but then again, the billow seems to be more consistent for chain vaping. I plan on trying to rebuild the zephyrus heads for a single coil option, but I currently have mine packaging packed up since I'm moving.

Another option you may want to look at is the new aspire triton. Looks good, but it's a little upsetting they aren't including the rba base and you have to buy it separately

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oleskool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the reply Mroutlaw. I am going to look into the Triton. I think the Zephyrus fits me better, but I might need to leave this tank at home. If it leaks that could be deal breaker for carrying it with me. I work getting in and out of my car constantly. I grab the mod like it's my keys out of habit sometimes, and drop it in my pants pocket. The dry cleaner most likely does not have experience getting e liquid out of clothing. Also about to check out your channel on YouTube.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the reply Mroutlaw. I am going to look into the Triton. I think the Zephyrus fits me better, but I might need to leave this tank at home. If it leaks that could be deal breaker for carrying it with me. I work getting in and out of my car constantly. I grab the mod like it's my keys out of habit sometimes, and drop it in my pants pocket. The dry cleaner most likely does not have experience getting e liquid out of clothing. Also about to check out your channel on YouTube.

I have the billow v2 up there, but I haven't gotten around to the zephrus. My house is in complete upheaval trying to pack. Should be back to making videos in a couple weeks.

The zephrus only leaks if you fill with airflow open and it's only temporary. As far as billow, once you get the wicking down, it won't leak a drop. The key is to get the tail of the wick in the upper channel but not let it get into the lower channel. Doing this allows the juice to flow to the wick, but the wick stops it from flooding the deck and getting into the airflow chamber

I woke on the road and take both of these with me all the time. Generally I lay them down in the truck seat. The only time I've had either leak was from improper wicking. The zephrus is definitely easier though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oleskool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Your review of the Billow v2 helped me decide. In the cart goes the Zephyrus. Holding off the buy button until I do a little research on the Triton.
Thanks again. Great vids.

VU Sponsors