Become a Patron!

Zero Modz by Carlos Creation ... CLONED!!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
d8c1tbw.jpg

The Zero DNA 30 is a custom handmade 30W made by Malaysian modder Carlos Creation. This stunning hand crafted regulated mod cannot be purchased through mainstream retail outlets,it is available by interest list only which can only be accessed via a private Facebook group.

3urTV5d.jpg

There are several aspects of the Zero mod which makes it both unique, and desirable in a market that appears to be obsessed with extreme high watt regulated devices. The design and construction of the Zero mod is completely unlike anything else available on the market of the 30 watt variety.

The Zero has a stainless steel frame wrapped around a wooden interior that houses a single 18650 battery. There is a removable body sleeve which covers the interior/battery, and is available in a variety of metal finishes.

GrFRten.jpg

One of the most unique aspects is a flat head key which is stored within a holding slot on the wooden interior of the mod, and is used to lock/unlock the 18650 battery into place.

KZwr9IU.jpg

Chinese manufacturer Guangzhou Yosen has made a 1:1 clone of the Zero mod ... samples have already completed production, and I have two of them in transit to me right now. Being that I am not yet familiar with Yosen as a manufacturer, I cannot speak to the quality of their work yet ... but I sure do hope that they have nailed this one.

jRLagEm.png

1tvGomQ.jpg

I have also been informed by Shenxingkang that they are also working a 1:1 replication of the Zero Modz however, they did not provide any information regarding lead times or pricing for their clone offering, but it is safe to say that we should expect a Zero mod to show up in Infinite's product catalog shortly, if it hasn't already.

Here is my product watch article in slightly more detail http://vapingcheap.com/zero-modz-clone-carlos-creation/

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I hope that the clone is a good unit I will be watching for this since I have been lusting over the authentic but they are not readily available.

I join you in this lust my friend .. so my fingers are crossed as well. The FB wait list has almost 500 names on it, and those in the 200's are talking about getting their next summer o_O The Zero is a stunner, so this is one authentic that I think is worthy of the obsession though.

I was surprised to hear that SXK was taking a stab at this one because I have not know them to ever manufacturer a regulated device, but if anyone can nail the construction of the body its them.

I hope to have the Yosen samples in hand by the end of next week, and I will post some pics of it ...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Any idea of the price?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Any idea of the price?

Retail pricing will probably be around $160, which is a guesstimate based on the info I was given, so the clone will not be for everybody. Adding a SXK clone to the mix may make pricing more competitive ..

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
d8c1tbw.jpg

The Zero DNA 30 is a custom handmade 30W made by Malaysian modder Carlos Creation. This stunning hand crafted regulated mod cannot be purchased through mainstream retail outlets,it is available by interest list only which can only be accessed via a private Facebook group.

3urTV5d.jpg

There are several aspects of the Zero mod which makes it both unique, and desirable in a market that appears to be obsessed with extreme high watt regulated devices. The design and construction of the Zero mod is completely unlike anything else available on the market of the 30 watt variety.

The Zero has a stainless steel frame wrapped around a wooden interior that houses a single 18650 battery. There is a removable body sleeve which covers the interior/battery, and is available in a variety of metal finishes.

UPLU4hI.jpg

One of the most unique aspects is a flat head key which is stored within a holding slot on the wooden interior of the mod, and is used to lock/unlock the 18650 battery into place.

KZwr9IU.jpg

Chinese manufacturer Guangzhou Yosen has made a 1:1 clone of the Zero mod ... samples have already completed production, and I have two of them in transit to me right now. Being that I am not yet familiar with Yosen as a manufacturer, I cannot speak to the quality of their work yet ... but I sure do hope that they have nailed this one.

jRLagEm.png

1tvGomQ.jpg

I have also been informed by Shenxingkang that they are also working a 1:1 replication of the Zero Modz however, they did not provide any information regarding lead times or pricing for their clone offering, but it is safe to say that we should expect a Zero mod to show up in Infinite's product catalog shortly, if it hasn't already.
Wow atleast externally that is one hell of a great build quality this has always been my theory that in time build quality will be what pushes the ante

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
they wonder why they get cloned, or maybe they dont. either way this is a sexy ass mod that im adding to my list of must haves

So true, its so damn sexy, I love it! This one has the potential to cause many to break their rules on budgeting. When I first told Nathan at VC about it he scoffed when I said it was a 30W, then I showed him pics of it and it was wrap! :p

I asked Yosen about creating additional body sleeves for it, and they said that there are future plans to at least produce brass and copper sleeve options. The Zero looks sweet with a forced patina.

There is also a SX version of Zero too, but not many of those were made ... at a fulfillment rate of 15-40 pcs per batch for the authentic, those on the wait list are going be waiting for a long time.

The SX version ..

FmeGM2p.jpg

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Love the look of the Zero, one of the few boxes that does really catch my eye, only thing better would be a vapor flask 2 clone :p

Yeah I have not given up that one either .. scoring a solid Zero clone and Vapor Flask V2 will make my year :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wow atleast externally that is one hell of a great build quality this has always been my theory that in time build quality will be what pushes the ante

I agree ... if the construction and build quality is nailed on this clone, I believe it will bring the market back over to the lighter side in terms of wattage output. A clone like this is perfect how I vape, which doesn't mean that I don't have interest in some of the higher watt mods, I do .. but its more curiosity based.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aww gee. I'm definitely going to need a bigger toy box.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This and the Vapor Flask are great looking mods for sure but it will come down to build quality . For $160.00 or thereabouts it would have to be extremely impressive.

No doubt it will sell and sell well but with a $160.00 approx price tag it's more than i'm willing to spend on a clone. I would opt for a Vaporshark rDNA at that price.

What chip it would be outfitted with and warranty are also a top concern for me.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Following. I've been trying to find a used rDNA. Maybe this one will be easier to obtain

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
This and the Vapor Flask are great looking mods for sure but it will come down to build quality . For $160.00 or thereabouts it would have to be extremely impressive.

No doubt it will sell and sell well but with a $160.00 approx price tag it's more than i'm willing to spend on a clone. I would opt for a Vaporshark rDNA at that price.

What chip it would be outfitted with and warranty are also a top concern for me.

I agree .. this will not fly unless the clone is perfect. Also, we have the SX Mini releasing mid November as per Yihi, and the retail will be $189.99. The SX Mini has the advantage of being authentic with a Yihi chip at 60W.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know why the link isn't coming up!
Only two available, but I will hold off and wait for more info, besides I am not eager to jump on a preorder for an unproven device atm.

Also the sellers feedback is a little dicey for a prepay imo with only 3 ratings as a buyer 6mths ago.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bloody beautiful mods, but out of my budget range. Nice to see some quality stuff coming through though. :)

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely, want to wait until Nikki weighs in but saw them for a lot less than was predicted so wanted to share.
I hear ya. I am waiting for that review myself. I am really wondering what chip they used. If it looks clean and solid I would entertain the idea of putting an evolve board in one as the zero just looks so stylish.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely, want to wait until Nikki weighs in but saw them for a lot less than was predicted so wanted to share.

How much were they listed for on Ebay Tami?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. I am waiting for that review myself. I am really wondering what chip they used. If it looks clean and solid I would entertain the idea of putting an evolve board in one as the zero just looks so stylish.

I can only say that Yosen made the DNA 30 chip .. I hope it doesn't suck :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Timmy Chin posted a comment on my Zero article on VC and said it has it in hand and made a first impressions video ... ran right over there to check it out and FUUUUUUGH this better show up by Wednesday, I can hardly sit still!

Link to Timmy's vid

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Timmy Chin posted a comment on my Zero article on VC and said it has it in hand and made a first impressions video ... ran right over there to check it out and FUUUUUUGH this better show up by Wednesday, I can hardly sit still!

Link to Timmy's vid
Damn now I want one more than I did before.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Damn now I want one more than I did before.

Tell me about it ... I want to kill Yosen for delaying my shipment which they said was due to a change in packaging for the Zero. I am inclined to believe this because the package that Timmy showed in the video was rather unrefined looking. But I will be pissed if that turns out to be the "updated" packaging, only because that cardboard box is not worth a weeks delay waiting for new packaging.

I don't care what the box looks like, but I think Yosen cared because I am reviewing it .. I am thinking about changing one of the sandblasted one's to a brushed finish because that is the look that I like the best.

I also read today that Carlos Pang has increased the price for the authentic from $400 to 1000USD per pc, and still only producing 15 pcs per batch. INSANITY. I will have to further investigate to see if this is true, and if it is, it will only make the clone more desirable.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tell me about it ... I want to kill Yosen for delaying my shipment which they said was due to a change in packaging for the Zero. I am inclined to believe this because the package that Timmy showed in the video was rather unrefined looking. But I will be pissed if that turns out to be the "updated" packaging, only because that cardboard box is not worth a weeks delay waiting for new packaging.

I don't care what the box looks like, but I think Yosen cared because I am reviewing it .. I am thinking about changing one of the sandblasted one's to a brushed finish because that is the look that I like the best.

I also read today that Carlos Pang has increased the price for the authentic from $400 to 1000USD per pc, and still only producing 15 pcs per batch. INSANITY. I will have to further investigate to see if this is true, and if it is, it will only make the clone more desirable.
1,000USD? That is insane that means the flippers will be wanting 1,600USD. I am seriously considering the clone with a authentic evolve chip added. Do you open the mods when you are doing a review? I am just wondering how clean the internals are. Either way you are pretty lucky imo to get to review this one. Looking forward to hearing more about this one as a mod that is a unicorn is worthy of being cloned imo.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
1,000USD? That is insane that means the flippers will be wanting 1,600USD. I am seriously considering the clone with a authentic evolve chip added. Do you open the mods when you are doing a review? I am just wondering how clean the internals are. Either way you are pretty lucky imo to get to review this one. Looking forward to hearing more about this one as a mod that is a unicorn is worthy of being cloned imo.

Yeah, as beautiful and masterful as this mod is, I would never pay that kind of money for a piece of vape gear. But these flippers get away with it because there are people who are actually willing to pay that kind of money.

Timmy Chin's initial impressions are very encouraging .. No, I don't usually open up the internals on my devices for review however, some of them can be seen depending on the type of chip cover used. One of the cleanest internals that I have ever seen come out of China is the ACE 50. It has a clear cover over the internals so you can see everything, and it is immaculate by comparison to most other Chinese made regulated devices.

You are right, I am lucky, and very grateful that I can get most of the things for review that really interest me ... and some that don't, lol. :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Dear Lord in heaven Yosen is killing me! :eek: I knew they were making additional sleeves, but they made it seem like that would be at least a month off .. well, not so much. I am annoyed because I would have gotten atleast two of these with the samples that already shipped :confused:

They look damn good too!

u0AL3BA.png

Xwd9m0D.png

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful looking mod but too bad they didn't use a good proven chip for that price. Will be watching to see how you like it and how the chip seems to last.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love the look of the Zero, one of the few boxes that does really catch my eye, only thing better would be a vapor flask 2 clone :p
The vapor flask clone will probably be here in a few weeks.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
DHL just gave me a courtesy call and my new boo's will be here tomorrow :cool: I will post pics too ..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

No wonder why Carlos Pang is getting cloned. $1000 for a fucking regulated mod? I don't care if its got 24 Carat gold contacts and a custom engraving made by a nubile virgin, $1000 is just bullshit.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That looks awesome. Can't wait to see your review on this.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More importantly, where can I get one and how much? I need something to help me wait for my SX Mini!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What's your first impression?

My first impression is that I really like it .. love the switch especially. Its much smaller in person that it appears in photos. There are some minor imperfections on both pieces, but they are aesthetic. One has a slight dimple spot on the on frame, but its faint enough that you have to really be looking for it to notice .. which I why I noticed it :p

One piece has a minute space between the sleeve and the inner frame edge, while the on the other one the sleeve meets up perfectly with the frame. Both sleeves fit properly though as in they are not loose or ill fitting. The battery slots are great on both, device turns on as soon as the contact screw meets the battery.

The chip has some punch, and early voltage test shows at least one of them firing accurately with a 1.3 ohm build (didn't test the other one yet). All in all I like it a lot, love the way that it looks but I will love it more when I get the extra sleeves because I have never been a fan of sandblasted SS. The rest of the deets will be in my review .. a few more pics :)

RaB71un.jpg

KLEnjOI.jpg

ED4LaOq.jpg

TjFMWA3.jpg

WZfdDKr.jpg

TtpwUI5.jpg

VU Sponsors