Become a Patron!

Zero Modz by Carlos Creation ... CLONED!!

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Yes. 18 is the max for the ground connection (gnd and B-)
Many thanks seems I can only get 10 meters of the stuff the seller quotes 1.3mm for there 18AWG. I dont have the board here to check the DNA hole sizes.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I received my V2's on Friday but haven't had time to do anything with them .. I like the gift box, its nicer than the one Infinite is using. Thanks @fury for the #'s you posted. :)

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many thanks seems I can only get 10 meters of the stuff the seller quotes 1.3mm for there 18AWG. I dont have the board here to check the DNA hole sizes.

Try Digikey & Mouser for everything electronic.
An aside;I found a match for the new flat buttons that Carlos is using on the genuine, but I honestly prefer the look of the original buttons.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try Digikey & Mouser for everything electronic.
An aside;I found a match for the new flat buttons that Carlos is using on the genuine, but I honestly prefer the look of the original buttons.

Do you have a link for the buttons you found?

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone asked me to post a picture of the SX Mini vs the VS rDNA via PMs, so I took a picture of different "like size" mods to show how small the Zero is. I love this thing in my hand, minus the chip which BTW is supposed to be their "NEW" one but I find it takes a while to ramp up. Once it's on, it's on, but there is like a second delay from the time I press the button to when the coil fires. I'm throwing in one of my spare DNA 40's I have and it should be really easy, especially with using their on board buttons. Heck, even using one of the China DNA 30/50 chips would be better than this that they included. I wish they would just sell the body for a few bucks less, it would sell like crazy I bet. Anyway, the lineup (excuse the mess / baking for the holidays):

Sigelei 100 / Authentic ZNA 30 (490 mode) / Zero / SX Mini / rDNA:

Attachments

• 2014-12-15 10.56.27.jpg
    2014-12-15 10.56.27.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 2014-12-15 10.57.14 (1).jpg
    2014-12-15 10.57.14 (1).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 104

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Someone asked me to post a picture of the SX Mini vs the VS rDNA via PMs, so I took a picture of different "like size" mods to show how small the Zero is. I love this thing in my hand, minus the chip which BTW is supposed to be their "NEW" one but I find it takes a while to ramp up. Once it's on, it's on, but there is like a second delay from the time I press the button to when the coil fires. I'm throwing in one of my spare DNA 40's I have and it should be really easy, especially with using their on board buttons. Heck, even using one of the China DNA 30/50 chips would be better than this that they included. I wish they would just sell the body for a few bucks less, it would sell like crazy I bet. Anyway, the lineup (excuse the mess / baking for the holidays):

Sigelei 100 / Authentic ZNA 30 (490 mode) / Zero / SX Mini / rDNA:
Thanks for posting I agree the chassis is great one of best I have held in my hand, and it is not left or right handed biased which being left hand is important to me;) I won't go on about the DNA clone board as I am bored of my own voice;) After a year of clone boards in dozens of clone mods I give up I am not wasting juice on an inferior vape I just don't have the time. I just won't use the mod until I get the time to retro fit them. The DNA Zero clone retro fit is a nightmare but a brilliant design just zero room for error a credit to its design. At least the V2 Zeros have cradles which will make replacing the board much much easier.

I am biased which is why I would not do reviews Nikkia6 reviews are some of the best around based exactly on the product received unbiased and accurate she is a credit to the vaping community.

Great pic, all those mods are left right handed to ;) well maybe not the Sigelei 100 as you can't change the screen orientation (not that I have found).

I can't wait for my SX mini but the UK is slow at getting vape gear I only ordered my Celsius DNA 40 last week when the first UK retailer stocked them and they sold out in a couple of hours. The SX mini boards are £70+shipping (if you can get them) and I just dont have the time and help to make a mod with machining the box, powder coating, sourcing quality components.

From reports the mini is well built and the chip good we shall see.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for posting I agree the chassis is great one of best I have held in my hand, and it is not left or right handed biased which being left hand is important to me;) I won't go on about the DNA clone board as I am bored of my own voice;) After a year of clone boards in dozens of clone mods I give up I am not wasting juice on an inferior vape I just don't have the time. I just won't use the mod until I get the time to retro fit them. The DNA Zero clone retro fit is a nightmare but a brilliant design just zero room for error a credit to its design. At least the V2 Zeros have cradles which will make replacing the board much much easier.

I am biased which is why I would not do reviews Nikkia6 reviews are some of the best around based exactly on the product received unbiased and accurate she is a credit to the vaping community.

Great pic, all those mods are left right handed to ;) well maybe not the Sigelei 100 as you can't change the screen orientation (not that I have found).

I can't wait for my SX mini but the UK is slow at getting vape gear I only ordered my Celsius DNA 40 last week when the first UK retailer stocked them and they sold out in a couple of hours. The SX mini boards are £70+shipping (if you can get them) and I just dont have the time and help to make a mod with machining the box, powder coating, sourcing quality components.

From reports the mini is well built and the chip good we shall see.

Thank you for that hun, I really appreciate it .. it looks to be a tedious task to install a new board, but I would like to eventually replace at least one of them. I was concerned that in an effort to make the Zero chip less powerful, that it might turn out a little too powerless. I think that SXK needs more time to develop their skill set in electronics ..

zulu83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received my V2 today. Holy fire button rattle batman! It is annoying. Pretty bummed about that.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received my V2 today. Holy fire button rattle batman! It is annoying. Pretty bummed about that.
Seriously dude? For what you paid, and the form factor; that's your biggest complaint?

How's the board, the fit/finish, etc?

C'mon man, let's keep things in perspective here. If you bought a perfect replica Rolex, and the one gripe was the winder was slightly noisier than the original; would you be bummed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Is the button loose or something? If it just feels loose you can probably fix it without too much trouble. Like @butkicker asked - how's the rest 510, chip etc?

zulu83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously dude? For what you paid, and the form factor; that's your biggest complaint?

Well I was comparing it to v1 which had no rattle at all. I mean for a company to tell me they are checking it for flaws before it ships seems like a deal to me. But im sure I can manage some kind of fix for it.

Chip seems better than V1 thats for sure. Wattage up/down ramps faster (or seems that way) and is working great for the time ive tinkered with it.

The 510 connector seems loose on this device compared to my old v1. My orchid and russian91 sit at a slight angle and wobble a bit.

Anyone know what the deal is with the 5 second timer it does when in lock mode and holding the up/down for a few seconds?

Last edited:

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Well I was comparing it to v1 which had no rattle at all. I mean for a company to tell me they are checking it for flaws before it ships seems like a deal to me. But im sure I can manage some kind of fix for it.

Chip seems better than V1 thats for sure. Wattage up/down ramps faster (or seems that way) and is working great for the time ive tinkered with it.

Anyone know what the deal is with the 5 second timer it does when in lock mode and holding the up/down for a few seconds?

Take it apart pretty sure they are still using those machined steel actuators, there will be a gap between them and the tactile switch. The V2 is far easier to work on given you have a switch board and DNA cradle. I don't have one but you could try some 3M ultra sticky double side tape. It sounds like the same fix for the original Segelei 100W fire button rattle.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Thank you for that hun, I really appreciate it .. it looks to be a tedious task to install a new board, but I would like to eventually replace at least one of them. I was concerned that in an effort to make the Zero chip less powerful, that it might turn out a little too powerless. I think that SXK needs more time to develop their skill set in electronics ..
You are welcome, you put a lot of time, effort and skill in those reviews and I like the flowers in your Zero pic!;)

Yes tedious for sure if I am honest it's a little like baking a cake it's all about preparation sourcing the right components and having the right tools it's a unique build in the DNA V1 Zero, from the pics the V2 maybe easier to retrofit.

I am going to do 2 V1s with evolv DNA 30s to get the build down, as I have a Celsius DNA 40 now but given the space constraints in the Zero for now I will upgrade my cana test box, as there is always a chance you can trash your board with a new box you are unfamiliar with.

Just like making coils and wicking it's all about practice the cana boxes are good for that especially if you use a cradle to fit the chip.

The one I use has been through about 20 incarnations;) and now has a FDV 4 510, Keystone battery holder modified with gold contacts, leica glass window Teflon silver coated 18AWG wiring, Mitac MSW1201 .3mm throw stainless steel flush anti vandal fire switch, 3d printed DNA cradle with zero glue etc

I will post some pics after I stick the 40 in, the box is nothing special but I have tried to source the best components inside I can get even down to trying a dozen types of glue to mount the glass! It's all trial and error, one day I hope to make a mod where everything is premium like a rolex;) We can all dream!

Keep on writing and reviewing Nicole!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You are welcome, you put a lot of time, effort and skill in those reviews and I like the flowers in your Zero pic!;)

Yes tedious for sure if I am honest it's a little like baking a cake it's all about preparation sourcing the right components and having the right tools it's a unique build in the DNA V1 Zero, from the pics the V2 maybe easier to retrofit.

I am going to do 2 V1s with evolv DNA 30s to get the build down, as I have a Celsius DNA 40 now but given the space constraints in the Zero for now I will upgrade my cana test box, as there is always a chance you can trash your board with a new box you are unfamiliar with.

Just like making coils and wicking it's all about practice the cana boxes are good for that especially if you use a cradle to fit the chip.

The one I use has been through about 20 incarnations;) and now has a FDV 4 510, Keystone battery holder modified with gold contacts, leica glass window Teflon silver coated 18AWG wiring, Mitac MSW1201 .3mm throw stainless steel flush anti vandal fire switch, 3d printed DNA cradle with zero glue etc

I will post some pics after I stick the 40 in, the box is nothing special but I have tried to source the best components inside I can get even down to trying a dozen types of glue to mount the glass! It's all trial and error, one day I hope to make a mod where everything is premium like a rolex;) We can all dream!

Keep on writing and reviewing Nicole!

Aww thanks hun :) I have a sneaky suspicion that there are gonna be a ton of DIY Zero chip implant photos in our future :D

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

C'mon man, let's keep things in perspective here. If you bought a perfect replica Rolex, and the one gripe was the winder was slightly noisier than the original; would you be bummed?

Rolex winding is silent. (unless the rotor is scraping because the watch is ill maintained) They use a post & sapphire bearing rather than a ball bearing race like ETA. (It's quiet, but inferior.) ;)

But, yeah. I'd like details too.
Mine come tomorrow, but I don't have any flattop 18650s so I can fire them up immediately. They are on the way as well.

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rolex winding is silent. (unless the rotor is scraping because the watch is ill maintained) They use a post & sapphire bearing rather than a ball bearing race like ETA. (It's quiet, but inferior.) ;)

But, yeah. I'd like details too.
Mine come tomorrow, but I don't have any flattop 18650s so I can fire them up immediately. They are on the way as well.
I wear a Tag Heur; so I've no experience with Rolex, but I think you get my point

A term springs to mind "you get what you pay for" I believe it is?

Though in the world of vaping their are certainly exceptions to that rule lol

Transplant complete but not without the help of friends that know what they are doing. It really is a great device and DNA40 is fantastic. It doesn't even come close to the clone chip although mine was pretty crap anyway so.

Anyhow, here are some pics of the install. As I mentioned earlier we had to include new buttons since the original board the buttons were fixed would just not work with dna40, well we couldn't figure out how to. There is some glue gun action here, it ain't pretty but it works great. We also had to play around a little with the buttons to get the right feel to them since they are not fixed to any board. Luckily the wood insert pushes them nicely into place so just a little bit of glue gun to hold them in place is enough.

We also decided to leave the original charge port in place since it was nice and snug. I'll save the new one for another mod should I decide to venture there. Zero will keep me happy for some time.

I also ordered some extra sleeves from Yosen over Facebook. They ship DHL and transaction was smooth. Hope to get them soon - gray, gold and s/s.

Now, photos...

a0f6534094ad5750afcd13798107ce97.jpg
f0b19482de04de970a7edd02ffea744f.jpg
5aba1d172cb59981ec09e29a542187ff.jpg
6b3f0bce28860f483aaa218a3dd37359.jpg
7107f58b026fdeb331a484d9d142557c.jpg
e2ad22031e652d3d151e28b88a213d6b.jpg
cf4dcced62d910a8f936d9bbd4435f52.jpg

Ignore the screen on the last pic, it's fine but because of the refresh rate of the screen is about the same speed as of the iPhone it's kind of hard to capture. I'll try iOS slowmo to see if this works better.

Hi. I'm going to attempt this, but with an authentic dna30. I'm trying to figure out what the two solder points on the SS frame are and I how to use them with a dna30.

Another thing is, is it possible to use the USB from the old chip? And what is can see on one of your pics that the USB has 2 connections one with a red wire and the other one with a silver wire, what is the silver wire for ?

Thanks in advance.

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my two V2s, both look great (there is some evidence of toolhead chatter in the beveled window & recesses for the buttons.

I don't have flattops for them yet, so I plugged them in & they light up. The buttons feel nice. They are much smaller than I expected.

But both of them are garbage.

Both 510s are terrible, one is so bad it's unusable. A Kangertech Mega literally falls in after a few turns. An A Mod Origen Genesis V2 clone sort of fits, maybe. I stopped there.

They are unusable for the simplest reason, and I wouldn't trust the rest of the device if the company can't tap a hole correctly even after the terrible reviews & promises it was fixed.
I'm extremely disappointed, especially after the wait.

bogattack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you get thoses V2s ? Sure they are not V1 ?

I'm getting anxious, my two V2 (from focalecig and gvapers) are on their way and the first reviews are not so good :/

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you get thoses V2s ? Sure they are not V1 ?

I'm getting anxious, my two V2 (from focalecig and gvapers) are on their way and the first reviews are not so good :/

I got them directly from Yosen, and yes, they are V2s.

I'll post a video later if I have time.

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn. I hate to say it, not shocked to hear that. They are some pieces of shit releasing this garbage to consumers. I'd do a charge back fast.

bogattack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uh, directly from Yosen... I would never buy directly to them :/ Sending crappy units to one customers can't cause a lot of trouble to them, but sending a f*cked up batch to a shop is a different thing...

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uh, directly from Yosen... I would never buy directly to them :/ Sending crappy units to one customers can't cause a lot of trouble to them, but sending a f*cked up batch to a shop is a different thing...

Really? Well, I'm glad you are a much smarter shopper!

Another Youtube video with two examples of the "improved" version 2 looking not so good to unusable even for a transplant certainly won't help them.
Especially when I told them I was going to review them.

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I finally got an evening to myself and was going to throw my last DNA 40 board in the Zero and what do you know, I have one of them faulty boards, so now I have to RMA it with Evolv :(. I'm glad I found out before putting it in the Zero. Out of 6 boards I've gotten from them, only one so far is bad so that's not too bad I suppose with all the issues they are having. I wonder if I should just put the China "DNA" 50 in it instead. I could care less about Temp Protection, it's not really for me anyway.

I'm curious to see how many other "V2" devices suck, so this should get good.

--Bill K

zulu83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Both 510s are terrible, one is so bad it's unusable. A Kangertech Mega literally falls in after a few turns. An A Mod Origen Genesis V2 clone sort of fits, maybe. I stopped there.

They are unusable for the simplest reason, and I wouldn't trust the rest of the device if the company can't tap a hole correctly even after the terrible reviews & promises it was fixed.

Wow that sucks. Im wondering if they are just using old v1 bodies and stuffing them with v2 goods and calling it a day. My 510 doesnt feel as tight as id like but not as bad as yours.

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I finally got an evening to myself and was going to throw my last DNA 40 board in the Zero and what do you know, I have one of them faulty boards, so now I have to RMA it with Evolv :(. I'm glad I found out before putting it in the Zero. Out of 6 boards I've gotten from them, only one so far is bad so that's not too bad I suppose with all the issues they are having. I wonder if I should just put the China "DNA" 50 in it instead. I could care less about Temp Protection, it's not really for me anyway.

I'm curious to see how many other "V2" devices suck, so this should get good.

--Bill K

I got my DNA 40s from Protovapor, who test them before they send them out. (At least to make sure they aren't DOA)
I guess they're going to have to wait. Too bad.
I really, really like the form factor & look of these. Too bad they couldn't get the simplest thing about this right.

I may weld them up & re-tap them. Dealing with sending them back to China may not be worth the effort.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got my two V2s, both look great (there is some evidence of toolhead chatter in the beveled window & recesses for the buttons.

I don't have flattops for them yet, so I plugged them in & they light up. The buttons feel nice. They are much smaller than I expected.

Yeah, I totally do not get the inability to tap 510 threads properly, most especially from SXK o_O That is the one aspect of the device that should not have been problematic, its just inexcusable at this stage in the industry. On the first batch you could chalk it up to an error made, but not on the V2.

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I totally do not get the inability to tap 510 threads properly, most especially from SXK o_O That is the one aspect of the device that should not have been problematic, its just inexcusable at this stage in the industry. On the first batch you could chalk it up to an error made, but not on the V2.

I got them both direct from Yosen through Carol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I got them both direct from Yosen through Carol.

I know that Bill K said he wasn't surprised by this, but I am .. I honestly didn't think that they would allow anything faulty to leave their doors for the sake of their reputation. The Zero had all the potential for being one of the best clones this year, but is has turned out to be the opposite.

Keep us updated on how Carol responds to this ..

Bill_K

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my DNA 40s from Protovapor, who test them before they send them out. (At least to make sure they aren't DOA)
I guess they're going to have to wait. Too bad.

It's funny, the only one that was faulty of 6 boards was the non-protovapor board :). They are good people. I just finished a dual 18650 DNA 40 Friday for myself (I get tired of carrying batteries and charging sometimes) or I would use that one. I really want to start using this damn Zero,but yeah, it will have to wait. Cheap plug - if anyone wants a nice deal on a Protovapor XPV DNA 40 - holla at me. It's collecting dust.

I have another Zero on the way from Infinite so we'll see how that one is. I still don't get why they just don't use a decent Ch-DNA board like the 50 that is decent. They are stubborn or something.

--Bill K

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll take some pics after the kids get to bed, but looking closer at the worst one the 510 hole is actually oblong.
I can't fiddle with much with two-year old twins rampaging around beating me with 1/3 scale brass pirate telescopes.o_O

Also, there is a bunch of machine oil inside the device, enough that drops are visible on the adjustable copper positive 510 contact & some on the buttons behind the cosmetic steel actuators. (I'm assuming that it came from oil left on the actuators when they were installed.)

I do product development for some pretty complex & small devices, and I just can't understand how you could have problems like this with CNC equipment unless you are using worn toolheads, machines & non-rigid mounting. Then sending it out with apparently zero QC to people who specifically requested & were promised good 510s; and waited for them.

The 510 was the only thing I really cared out being solid on these.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll take some pics after the kids get to bed, but looking closer at the worst one the 510 hole is actually oblong.
I can't fiddle with much with two-year old twins rampaging around beating me with 1/3 scale brass pirate telescopes.o_O

Also, there is a bunch of machine oil inside the device, enough that drops are visible on the adjustable copper positive 510 contact & some on the buttons behind the cosmetic steel actuators. (I'm assuming that it came from oil left on the actuators when they were installed.)

I do product development for some pretty complex & small devices, and I just can't understand how you could have problems like this with CNC equipment unless you are using worn toolheads, machines & non-rigid mounting. Then sending it out with apparently zero QC to people who specifically requested & were promised good 510s; and waited for them.

The 510 was the only thing I really cared out being solid on these.

Yup .. without a 510 you don't have a mod, doesn't matter what chip is in it o_O

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know that Bill K said he wasn't surprised by this, but I am .. I honestly didn't think that they would allow anything faulty to leave their doors for the sake of their reputation. The Zero had all the potential for being one of the best clones this year, but is has turned out to be the opposite.

Keep us updated on how Carol responds to this ..
Infinite has much better quality control, and I'm confident that the Zeros they are selling are up to snuff.

"But they're made in the same factory"

Correct, BUT there are secondary quality control measures that resellers like Infinite employ; some are more stringent than others. They receive a batch, inspect/test them, then repackage them to be shipped out. The ones that don't meet Q/C standards are shipped back to the OEM, and replacements are sent back for subsequent inspection/repackaging.

Just because the Yosen Zeros come from the same assembly line as the Infinite Zeros means very little; as the final Q/C simply isn't being performed by Yosen (obviously)

I'm not speculating on this process; I KNOW from firsthand experience dealing with Shenzhen machinists when I worked in the VW/Audi performance aftermarket.

We received pallets of turbochargers from a Shenzhen company regularly. We would then inspect each one thoroughly, spin test them to 200,000 rpm etc. The units that were defective were shipped back to China at the manufacturers expense, and they shipped us replacements, which we tested, etc.

Our competition resold the SAME turbos, but had an alarming failure rate. Why? They didn't perform their own Q/C procedures before shipping them on to retailers.

So no, this clone isn't bad. Yosen obviously employs ZERO Q/C on their end; which is an integral part of being a purveyor of quality items

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Infinite has much better quality control, and I'm confident that the Zeros they are selling are up to snuff.

"But they're made in the same factory"

Correct, BUT there are secondary quality control measures that resellers like Infinite employ; some are more stringent than others. They receive a batch, inspect/test them, then repackage them to be shipped out. The ones that don't meet Q/C standards are shipped back to the OEM, and replacements are sent back for subsequent inspection/repackaging.

Just because the Yosen Zeros come from the same assembly line as the Infinite Zeros means very little; as the final Q/C simply isn't being performed by Yosen (obviously)

I'm not speculating on this process; I KNOW from firsthand experience dealing with Shenzhen machinists when I worked in the VW/Audi performance aftermarket.

We received pallets of turbochargers from a Shenzhen company regularly. We would then inspect each one thoroughly, spin test them to 200,000 rpm etc. The units that were defective were shipped back to China at the manufacturers expense, and they shipped us replacements, which we tested, etc.

Our competition resold the SAME turbos, but had an alarming failure rate. Why? They didn't perform their own Q/C procedures before shipping them on to retailers.

So no, this clone isn't bad. Yosen obviously employs ZERO Q/C on their end; which is an integral part of being a purveyor of quality items

I am inclined to agree with this statement regarding Infinite doing the extra QC and Yosen not ... in fact I can now verify that by recent and direct experience. I do know from speaking to Carol that they rely soley on the SXK factory to do the QC before the Zero's are shipped out from the factory. They do not receive them first and re-check before sending.

I have now received a defective V2 and a working V2. When I contacted Carol she was very upset and said they factory promised that QC checks were being done before they shipped, and I believe her. But this also tells me that they did not check them personally before they shipped to me. You can tell when someone is lying, or when they are genuinely pissed, and she was genuinely pissed, and shocked. That being said, Yosen needs to step up and follow their sister company and do their own QC as you have stated.

Now on my first impressions of the V2 on the working Zero .. it has definitely been changed from the first chip, it is far less powerful than the first, and for me that is not necessarily a good thing. As most know, I liked the first chip, I liked its power and most of all I liked the throat hit. And I would like to say for the record that "throat hit" and "burnt hit" are not the same. And I haven't experienced any burnt hits with the V1 either. I have the V1 set up now at 14.5W firing .5 ohms at 2.7v and I love it.

Right now I have the V2 set to 18W with 1.2 ohm atty, and its aight .. I NEVER vape 1.2 ohms that high. Now, opinions are relative to the some total of what is known, and previously experienced, so its reasonable to say that I have just gotten used to the powerful delivery of the V1. But thus far I do prefer the V1 chip.

The V2 now has a "steal screen" mode, translation=stealth mode, lol. I tried wattage setting lock and that is not working for me, not from fire lock or unlocked ... don't care about that because I never use that feature anyway. There is still left/right mode which I do use, but there is still no flash memory which I prefer, but not a dealer breaker.

That is all I got for the moment :)

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi. I'm going to attempt this, but with an authentic dna30. I'm trying to figure out what the two solder points on the SS frame are and I how to use them with a dna30.

Another thing is, is it possible to use the USB from the old chip? And what is can see on one of your pics that the USB has 2 connections one with a red wire and the other one with a silver wire, what is the silver wire for ?

Thanks in advance.

It's the ground and on dna40 the ground connects internally on the board to battery negative so one connection is enough.

With dna 30 (I think) the ground is not internally connected to negative meaning you need to connect ground one the chip to s/s frame and also another for the charger - back to the s/s frame. Just like on the clone chip.

Please check all this in the guide for dna30 before proceeding.

i got quoted for 10 zero box mods with NO CHIP inside for $44.9 each which is INCLUDED shipping from china from yosen. is anyone interested in taking some off my hands because i only need 1 to put my dna 40 inside. I didnt want to spend $69 for a zero mod and that chip is going to be to no use.

Last edited:

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This may be a dumb ? But is that 44.90 for all 10 or each. I know its probably each just asking for clarity. either way I am interested.

i got quoted for 10 zero box mods with NO CHIP inside for $44.9 each which is INCLUDED shipping from china from yosen. is anyone interested in taking some off my hands because i only need 1 to put my dna 40 inside. I didnt want to spend $69 for a zero mod and that chip is going to be to no use.
I can take two of your hands.please?thanks

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will take one off your hands.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a good offer just be cautious given the multiple QC feedback of various V1s and V2s. Can you feel confident in what you will receive given there inability to perform QC will the chassis's be usable?

As said given some of us only wanted the clone to retrofit the real important points are the 510, fitting and the finish if those are ok it's pretty straight forward. If the 510 is U/S it's a no go. I have spoken to a few people with regards to fitting a short 510 it's doable but will require some work tools and a workshop. I personally would junk it i just have too much going on in my life to dedicate time needed in working a solution.

I think I was pretty fortunate with my V1 direct from Yosen yes the fire button sleeve is misaligned by less than 1mm but the 510 is pretty much as good as a Varitube, tolerance and threads are pretty close.

I tried to knock out the fire button sleeve but as with any modding of a finished unit it's difficult not to damage the parts and finish. I will need to re brush one of mine and get the DNA 30 build down which I did to 99% and then decided to fit a evolv charge board big mistake on my part! And now I have a unusable unit with non working buttons due to the alignment issues. The retro fit is unique in a Zero and space and tolerances are tight and i have already decided against using my first Celsius DNA 40 board until i have a methodical approach to a retrofit.

The V2s have cradles i hope you can get them to send you those with the chassis / blank cases.

I just hope they aren't dumping stock on you QC seems a lottery right now.

Last edited:

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, crazy week and after initial tests I have not had a lot of time to spend with the v duex . It's still ok, but def a ghost in this machine. I fired it up again last night after work and I'm thinking its good no complaints. Then i noticed every once in a while the screen would turn on by itself from sleep mode (not auto-firing - at first) and it set itself down to 7 watts. This happened several times and now it's pretty consistent. After one of those weird reset issues I had an auto fire after I pressed the fire button. Luckily it's not auto-firing by itself - I won't be leaving the battery in while I'm away from it though. So weird that it was rocking nice the first day and little by little it's getting much worse.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good offer just be cautious given the multiple QC feedback of various V1s and V2s. Can you feel confident in what you will receive given there inability to perform QC will the chassis's be usable?

As said given some of us only wanted the clone to retrofit the real important points are the 510, fitting and the finish if those are ok it's pretty straight forward. If the 510 is U/S it's a no go. I have spoken to a few people with regards to fitting a short 510 it's doable but will require some work tools and a workshop. I personally would junk it i just have too much going on in my life to dedicate time needed in working a solution.

I think I was pretty fortunate with my V1 direct from Yosen yes the fire button sleeve is misaligned by less than 1mm but the 510 is pretty much as good as a Varitube, tolerance and threads are pretty close.

I tried to knock out the fire button sleeve but as with any modding of a finished unit it's difficult not to damage the parts and finish. I will need to re brush one of mine and get the DNA 30 build down which I did to 99% and then decided to fit a evolv charge board big mistake on my part! And now I have a unusable unit with non working buttons due to the alignment issues. The retro fit is unique in a Zero and space and tolerances are tight and i have already decided against using my first Celsius DNA 40 board until i have a methodical approach to a retrofit.

The V2s have cradles i hope you can get them to send you those with the chassis / blank cases.

I just hope they aren't dumping stock on you QC seems a lottery right now.

I was about to type the exact thing. Make sure you get the v2 style with cradle and some kind of guarantee as to the 510 connections. Like - if you ship me units with bad 510 connections I can ship them back to china at your expense for replacement.

As essentially the reseller on this your on the hook if you buy 10 and 5 have bad 510 connectors and the other 5 don't. Who gets stuck with the fucked up 510's? Sticky situation.

Just read through this thread a bit and you'll see that you can be pretty sure out of 10 your going to get a bad 510 regardless of the version.

Last edited:

Chris Boddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just bought a zero direct from Yosen yesterday,
been told all is now good after reading the above im starting to wonder.
I hope its a good one as its my first vw, ive lots of mecs and right like the look of this one

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just bought a zero direct from Yosen yesterday,
been told all is now good after reading the above im starting to wonder.
I hope its a good one as its my first vw, ive lots of mecs and right like the look of this one

I hope you get a good one, but I don't think this was a good choice for your first VW mod. Prepare for disappointment.

VU Sponsors