Become a Patron!

Zip charge

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Traded my vt200 for a Vapor shark and I wonder why they don't have more lipo versions with this feature. It does make alot of difference. I am a chain vaping truck driver and I can almost live with the zip charging on the lipo. Still looking forward to my efusion duo.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't really add cost to the wholesale to have zip charging in the mod. I wonder the same thing.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Traded my vt200 for a Vapor shark and I wonder why they don't have more lipo versions with this feature. It does make alot of difference. I am a chain vaping truck driver and I can almost live with the zip charging on the lipo. Still looking forward to my efusion duo.
The way I understand it is VS ordered a large amount of custom boards from Evolv that had Zip charging. They are the only ones that have them. I wish they all had them, it's definitely convenient.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
from what I understand there is a contract between VS and EVOLV and for the time being VS has the onboard zip on lockdown. that's not to say someone else couldn't use a daughter board though.
1300-1500mah with 2a charging would be the shit

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
didn't VS have zip charging available for the RDNA?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
didn't VS have zip charging available for the RDNA?
yeah they started it with the dna40 series.
the rdna has zip charging and wireless charging: both wireless and onboard are 2a capable.
the dna40 has the 2a charging but NOT wireless, to keep the qi charge board out and maintain the smaller size of the mod. but they offer an external qi adapter for it, that fits between the mod and the sharkskin.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Qi charging is cool. Charge my phone on a pad on my nightstand.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah I still use my dna40 when It fits... love it for work, I just set down and stays charging.
only problem is I don't have to many builds that work with it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You guys dont think of investing in something like a Duratrax Onyx Charger? I have one and you can use a Balancer and charge any lipo up to 7A if you wanted (Not recommended) Plus you can clip it onto your Auto's 12V battery with alligator clips much like your jumper cables...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys dont think of investing in something like a Duratrax Onyx Charger? I have one and you can use a Balancer and charge any lipo up to 7A if you wanted (Not recommended) Plus you can clip it onto your Auto's 12V battery with alligator clips much like your jumper cables...
Taking the Lipos out to charge on an external charger isn't always the easiest thing to do. Most are packed in pretty tight, require unscrewing the case to get to them. On top of that some are hardwired to the board (none of mine are but some do exist).

Cheers,
steve

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Taking the Lipos out to charge on an external charger isn't always the easiest thing to do. Most are packed in pretty tight, require unscrewing the case to get to them. On top of that some are hardwired to the board (none of mine are but some do exist).

Cheers,
steve
Good reason I guess..its too bad, they should have had the courtesy to have a wall mounted female plug on the box for this as I think its a much better way to chage to begin with but I guess it may not be cost effective....For boxes with slide off doors its a great option to buy one of those chargers..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a few balance chargers for my drones. The problem I have, is removing the battery itself doesn't lend well to on the go swaps.
If you have something like Hammond box or a mod where they thought of that when they designed it, perhaps that would be a good idea.
I would love to see someone put something out where the pack was easy to take in and out.

The one mod out there that does, I'm on the fence with. I keep hoping I can convince someone to buy one and let me know what they think

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few balance chargers for my drones. The problem I have, is removing the battery itself doesn't lend well to on the go swaps.
If you have something like Hammond box or a mod where they thought of that when they designed it, perhaps that would be a good idea.
I would love to see someone put something out where the pack was easy to take in and out.

The one mod out there that does, I'm on the fence with. I keep hoping I can convince someone to buy one and let me know what they think
Cant you just unplug and just connect to the charger plugs? You could use a Extension if needed, you dont need to remove it from the mod.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cant you just unplug and just connect to the charger plugs? You could use a Extension if needed, you dont need to remove it from the mod.
that depends on mods.
my whiteout will do that, the left enough slack in the cord to do that.
the vaporsharks, have the slack wrapped aroung the battery then slid into the box.
so you would have to take the battery out to get any slack.
getting it out isn't the issue so much as getting the damn thing back in.
ive seen a few of the larger boxes that open on one side, like a Hammond box, that have more than enough slack to do that.

\

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went at this from a different angle. I have 6 different DNA200's (2 of them use 18650's). When one needs to be charged, I grab the next one in line :D. I really don't mind just plugging them in. The DNA200 has a good charging board with balanced charging, plus in a pinch it offers pass through.

PS If I'm going to be out for the day I always bring a backup just in case anyway. Nothing worse than have a tank or mod break leaving you without a vape all day!

Cheers,
Steve

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much of a difference is there between the new innokin "zip" charging and the VS?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How much of a difference is there between the new innokin "zip" charging and the VS?
on the cool fire 4 100tc it is 2a charging also.
essentially its the same charge rate.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vs isn't to bad getting in out. Vt 200 would be a pain but I'm like wings I'll have a vs and a efusion duo so just switch mods.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lol, I reckon bad is relative term..... I couldn't keep my sanity cramming it all in there multiple times daily.
I just keep a backup battery with a 2.4a port on me. and problem solved.

VU Sponsors