Become a Patron!

12 mg Harsh!

Hey guys - I'm new here, Thanks in advance for your advice!

I went from 6mg to 12 mg on my juice because 6mg wasn't enough to get me off the smokes, but holy crap it's HARSH! Is this always the case with 12mg? - Seems used to do 24mg without a problem back in the day. This is also high VG so I wouldn't get a harsh throat hit, but maybe it's just the juice?

Thanks!

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May be the Juice or it may be the watts or temp your vaping it at as well. When I started vaping to quit smoking I started at 12mg. I found higher wattage was pretty harsh. Adjusted down to 40w or less and it helped. Don't know what watts you're vaping at now, or what rig you're using, but try lower. Just a thought.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

I went from 6mg to 12 mg on my juice because 6mg wasn't enough to get me off the smokes, but holy crap it's HARSH! Is this always the case with 12mg? - Seems used to do 24mg without a problem back in the day. This is also high VG so I wouldn't get a harsh throat hit, but maybe it's just the juice?

Thanks!

Use higher ohm coils, lower power, less air, and use a mouth to lung inhale (like puffing a ciggy). You get the nicotine and satisfy the "habit" of smoking.
Sounds like "back in the day" you were using a much smaller pen style vape mod? And probably upgraded? Just guessing. If you stick to 6mg you will get used to it pretty soon and used to having less nicotine in your system. As for 12mg, open your airflow more (if you can) and lower your power until it is less harsh. Nicotine also gives a harshness to vape juice.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks!
Curious what device and tank you are using? Style of Vape (mtl or direct lung?) Quality juice can also make a difference.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
What @gbalkam said - it's all about the coil.

Personally I find anything over 3 too harsh for me now. But, I also drip 90% of the time. Back in the day tanks and coils were built differently, no sub-ohms, and we vaped 24-36mg consistently. I would never try that now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Personally I find anything over 3 too harsh for me now. But, I also drip 90% of the time. Back in the day tanks and coils were built differently, no sub-ohms, and we vaped 24-36mg consistently. I would never try that now.

*chuckles* Then, along comes a damn weirdo & they put kinks into it all. Started vaping at 18 mg per 1 ml. I sub ohm & drip (squonk) now. I still use 18 mg of nicotine.

If 12 mg is too much, might try 9 mg. Find what suits for yourself. Everyone is different even despite our commonalities & maybe because of them. I'm a mutant so overlook me. :)

VU Sponsors