18650 how long it lasts?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know approx how long a 18650 could last? 1000 charges? 2000 charges?

vaping one day at a time

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on usage, charging habits, battery quality, etc. I think most Li-Ion batts are good for at least 500 cycles, but if you abuse them or drain them too low, that number would drop.

Here's a relevant thread: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/12154

FWIW, I have two-year old OEM Smoktech 18350's and Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries well over a year old that I've taken care of and they still work just fine.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I power vape all day using a vamo v5. With AW or efest batteries. Using a nitecore 4 bay charger.

What's too low?

vaping one day at a time

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I power vape all day using a vamo v5. With AW or efest batteries. Using a nitecore 4 bay charger.

What's too low?

Well, since you're using a regulated device, it shouldn't allow you to over-draw your batteries.
With my Innokin SVD VV/VW device, it has a yellow warning on the button at about 3.6v or so. I wouldn't let them go much lower than that before charging them.

Props on the Nitecore I4, it's an excellent charger. Love mine. :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the feedback.

The vamo does let the battery go to 3.4. In the future I'll pull batteries sooner.

I been rotating the same batteries for about 6+ months. But was also using ego too. The past couple of months I set the ego batteries aside and use 2 vamos all day.

Yesterday I got a new AW and efest. I threw the AW in the rotation before marking it. I wanted to put a small mark on it with sharpie to know it was the newer one.

vaping one day at a time

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the feedback.

The vamo does let the battery go to 3.4. In the future I'll pull batteries sooner.

I been rotating the same batteries for about 6+ months. But was also using ego too. The past couple of months I set the ego batteries aside and use 2 vamos all day.

Yesterday I got a new AW and efest. I threw the AW in the rotation before marking it. I wanted to put a small mark on it with sharpie to know it was the newer one.

Sounds like your good to eGo.. ;-)

Heh..a joke...

But rly, the fact you are even asking means you're on the right track about caring for your gear. :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All good info above !!

Just adding my two cents...

I find that the AW's seem to last much much longer than Ultra fire, Trustfire or any of the "fire" brands. In fact, these are just piss poor batteries. I have some AW's that are a year and a half old and still going strong and believe they have gone well over 500 cycles....although 500 cycles is the norm on a High quality battery.

The Efest are much better than the "fire" brands of batteries, but dont hold a candle to the AW.

I havent had my Panasonics as long as my AW's, but they are all still going strong and are about a year old. I have three different Panasonics.

To answer you other question of how long they last, Caff hit the nail on the head. Its really up to you, how much you vape, what your using them in, do you let them go under 3.6/3.5, if your using a mech or a regulated mod, and which mod your using. An SVD will draw a battery down more than a Vamo. A Provari will use less battery power than a Semovar.....and so on and so forth.

I have a friend that can vape a Panasonic 2300 most of the day before changing. My wife goes through two of them and changes to her third late at night. I can go through 3 to 4 of them. I know Mech users that vape so low of Ohm that they go through one every couple of hours. I hear of some Mech users going through them every hour (wives tale?)...I dont know.

But most folks have one in the regulated Mod and one on stand by in the pocket and can go 6 to 8 hours on a high quality battery.

You will learn. Just dont buy those batteries with the name "fire" in them. They are just a waste of money.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been rotating 3 18650 batteries for almost 2 years now... I run them down to ~3.4-3.5v normally... 300-500 cycles on low end batteries sounds about right, higher on better ones... fasttech lists the # cycles on some of their batteries...

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All good info above !!

Just adding my two cents...

I find that the AW's seem to last much much longer than Ultra fire, Trustfire or any of the "fire" brands. In fact, these are just piss poor batteries. I have some AW's that are a year and a half old and still going strong and believe they have gone well over 500 cycles....although 500 cycles is the norm on a High quality battery.

The Efest are much better than the "fire" brands of batteries, but dont hold a candle to the AW.

I havent had my Panasonics as long as my AW's, but they are all still going strong and are about a year old. I have three different Panasonics.

To answer you other question of how long they last, Caff hit the nail on the head. Its really up to you, how much you vape, what your using them in, do you let them go under 3.6/3.5, if your using a mech or a regulated mod, and which mod your using. An SVD will draw a battery down more than a Vamo. A Provari will use less battery power than a Semovar.....and so on and so forth.

I have a friend that can vape a Panasonic 2300 most of the day before changing. My wife goes through two of them and changes to her third late at night. I can go through 3 to 4 of them. I know Mech users that vape so low of Ohm that they go through one every couple of hours. I hear of some Mech users going through them every hour (wives tale?)...I dont know.

But most folks have one in the regulated Mod and one on stand by in the pocket and can go 6 to 8 hours on a high quality battery.

You will learn. Just dont buy those batteries with the name "fire" in them. They are just a waste of money.
I'm using 2000 mah in my Lavatube, I usually vape that at about 4.5 v with a 1.4 ohm coil and change batteries when the performance starts to fall off. I drive a lot and vape all day. I know at some point, I'll start doing the sub ohm thing and use only the heavy Sony, or Panasonic 3400's, but I'm sure that will still be a stay at home thing. Sub Ohming will sap even the toughest of cells quickly

Last edited:
Well, since you're using a regulated device, it shouldn't allow you to over-draw your batteries.
With my Innokin SVD VV/VW device, it has a yellow warning on the button at about 3.6v or so. I wouldn't let them go much lower than that before charging them.

Props on the Nitecore I4, it's an excellent charger. Love mine. :)
I got myself a rouleaux rx200. it doesn't show the battery voltage or percentage, just a little battery shaped "gauge" (shouldn't even call it a gauge because it only shows a rough estimation). but what "percentage" should the battery meter show before I charge them? I'm assuming most of these chips show battery power the same way as DNA chip sets.

ccbflo

Member For 4 Years
I got myself a rouleaux rx200. it doesn't show the battery voltage or percentage, just a little battery shaped "gauge" (shouldn't even call it a gauge because it only shows a rough estimation). but what "percentage" should the battery meter show before I charge them? I'm assuming most of these chips show battery power the same way as DNA chip sets.
RX200- With the mod off, hold the power and the down button for ten seconds to see your battery voltage.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape my RX until it says weak battery in the display when I hit the fire button and swap batts out...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors