Become a Patron!

2016 Monitoring the Future Survey Results (and rant)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is that very large important youth drug abuse survey that they do every year:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/news-even...12/teen-substance-use-shows-promising-decline

• Daily Smoking: The 2016 daily smoking rates for high school seniors was 4.8 percent compared to 22.2 percent two decades ago (1996). For 10th graders, the 2016 daily smoking rate is 1.9 percent, compared to 18.3 percent in 1996.
  • E-Cigarettes (Vaporizers): The rate for e-cigarettes among high school seniors dropped to 12.4 percent from last year’s 16.2 percent. Of note: only 24.9 percent of 12th graders report that their e-cigarettes contained nicotine (the addictive ingredient in tobacco) the last time they used, with 62.8 percent claiming they contain "just flavoring."

Well this totally rips the Surgeon Generals propaganda report a new asshole.
The fucked up thing here is I do not doubt for a second that he already had this information before releasing his Fake Story about Vaping being the next Satan.

Think about if you are somewhere in the rest of the world in the field of tobacco control or statistics and you look back remembering how the Royal College of Physicians came out in 1962 linking smoking to lung cancer then the US Surgeon General came out in 1964 with the same findings.

Fast forward to NOW when the Royal College of Physicians came out in 2015 with another historical report saying if you smoke you should by all means switch to vaping because at the worst it's at least 95% safer than smoking and then followed the US Surgeon General in 2016 with the biggest scaremongering propaganda piece of shit known to man saying vaping is currently turning your kids into nicotine fiends and frying their poor adolescent brains when he had the above information on his fucking desk the whole time!!!!

The US Surgeon General has just become the laughing stock of the entire world!!!

Also tell me this, if nicotine harms the adolescent brain soooo much that kids need to avoid it like the plague or risk becoming a vegetable then tell me how the fuck am I typing this and how are you reading this?

We ALL smoked REAL cigarettes as adolescents so how come we can function like normal people in society, some of us even functioning with IQ's of genius proportions?

Why aren't we all just rolling around naked in the mud somewhere brain dead?
Because didn't more than HALF of the population smoke as adolescents as recent as the 1960's?
Is it just me or does the adolescent brain damage thing sound like bullshit too?

I see WAY more kids with brain disorders and mental problems now that the smoking rate dropped more than 75% then I have in any previous generation.

Something just doesn't seem right about that.

Maybe it was because they keep repeating bullshit about a study done on mice (you know animals with pea sized brains that can only do a small fraction of what our human brains can do) instead of actual humans.

Could that be it?

It's almost like sometime in the early 90's someone very high up on the food chain noticed that America was seen as the most powerful country in the world that housed all of the brightest people who had all of the best jobs and the most money.
A place so great that people from other countries all around the world flocked to the good ol' USA to try to get a piece of that greatness for themselves.
A place where scientific integrity reigned supreme.

Then and there that person magically decided that instead it would be best if our economy went down the shitter, our education system should go to shit, China & Mexico needed all of our jobs so we should shut all of our factory's down to give our jobs to them, our science and mainstream news should now be a fictional propaganda mill we should as quickly as possible become the laughing stock of the entire world.

Well, mission a-fucking-complished! - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
only 24.9 percent of 12th graders report that their e-cigarettes contained nicotine (the addictive ingredient in tobacco) the last time they used, with 62.8 percent claiming they contain "just flavoring."
But vaping is the scourge that will lead them all to smoking tobacco! <SMH>

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back in the 70s, nobody knew that ADD/ADHD even existed. They knew that some kids were "hyperactive," but thought they were just little monsters; some kids were "unfocused," but they were just unmotivated (me!). I'm dead certain that the ONLY reason I was able to graduate high school at all, with a 2.3 GPA despite 1170 on the SAT, was because I started smoking when I was not-quite-14.

It's almost like sometime in the early 90's someone very high up on the food chain noticed that America was seen as the most powerful country in the world that housed all of the brightest people who had all of the best jobs and the most money.
A place so great that people from other countries all around the world flocked to the good ol' USA to try to get a piece of that greatness for themselves.
A place where scientific integrity reigned supreme.

Then and there that person magically decided that instead it would be best if our economy went down the shitter, our education system should go to shit, China & Mexico needed all of our jobs so we should shut all of our factory's down to give our jobs to them, our science and mainstream news should now be a fictional propaganda mill we should as quickly as possible become the laughing stock of the entire world.

This, exactly.

And could we please get an AMERICAN in the Surgeon General's job??? I'm really fucking tired of seeing a fucking Indian in that job. What, the call center had no openings???

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back in the 70s, nobody knew that ADD/ADHD even existed. They knew that some kids were "hyperactive," but thought they were just little monsters; some kids were "unfocused," but they were just unmotivated (me!). I'm dead certain that the ONLY reason I was able to graduate high school at all, with a 2.3 GPA despite 1170 on the SAT, was because I started smoking when I was not-quite-14.

This, exactly.

And could we please get an AMERICAN in the Surgeon General's job??? I'm really fucking tired of seeing a fucking Indian in that job. What, the call center had no openings???

Andria
I just love reading your posts, Andria! :inlove: It's always very refreshing to see a lack of filter. It reminds me of some of my favorite family members. <3<3

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 4 worst things School Systems in America have done:

1. Eliminated Recess in many Primary Schools
  2. Made the curriculum dumbed down so everyone gets an achievement award
  3. Implemented Common Core
  4. Trained and hired Teachers who are Instructors, not teachers, many of them could not pass the federal and state standardized tests their students were required to take.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We have had a long line of idiots in that office.

Remember Josyln Elders with her weird quasi military outfit wanting to teach masturbation in schools?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We have had a long line of idiots in that office.

Remember Josyln Elders with her weird quasi military outfit wanting to teach masturbation in schools?
hahahaha.....:giggle:....fucking dumb bastards....!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The 4 worst things School Systems in America have done:

1. Eliminated Recess in many Primary Schools
  2. Made the curriculum dumbed down so everyone gets an achievement award
  3. Implemented Common Core
  4. Trained and hired Teachers who are Instructors, not teachers, many of them could not pass the federal and state standardized tests their students were required to take.

5) Politicized the classroom.
Plus - teacher who pushes pro Hillary propaganda setting entitled snowflakes up for failure.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Also on my list of things going wrong.

Can't say the pledge of allegiance because it has GOD in it. Which will offend like 1% of the population so they get over on the other 99%

No more 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. If you fart you get a freaking trophy. Even if you did not show up for the farting contest.

No more corporeal punishment. Back in my day, you messed up at school, you got the paddle. Then you got it again when you got home. Now you just get a cuddle.

Teachers, you are there to teach the fact's. Not your opinions, just the freaking fact's and not politically correct facts.

Common Core? Who the fuck came up with that and who did you pay off to get it into the schools?

Now I know this one will seem harsh but I just cannot understand it.

When my daughter graduated High School (Co-Valedictorian) there was a young lady with "Issues" that also graduated.

To be honest, she really should have been in a special need's school to begin with.

When her name was called, a couple of her fellow students had to grab her and walk her up to the podium to get her certificate(BTW, the ceremony was outside on the football field) as she tried to walk off the field in the opposite direction.

Mini rant over and it is time for my own meds.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep, which leads to college students so traumatized by someone other than Hillary winning the election that they needed safe spaces, puppies, and coloring books to cope. Yes, College Students! When they leave college, reality is going to do a beat down on them if and when they land their first job and find out they have to work long hours for crappy pay with no safe spaces or puppies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep, which leads to college students so traumatized by someone other than Hillary winning the election that they needed safe spaces, puppies, and coloring books to cope. Yes, College Students! When they leave college, reality is going to do a beat down on them if and when they land their first job and find out they have to work long hours for crappy pay with no safe spaces or puppies.
Colleges in CA had play-doh too, should have taken a ball bat to the sissys.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And college educators puzzle over why the USA is ranked 14th in STEM field education in the World. The Play-Doh says it all. A cartoon to illustrate the point:

crybullies_ben_garrison.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can't say the pledge of allegiance because it has GOD in it. Which will offend like 1% of the population so they get over on the other 99%

This is really funny -- I dunno about NOW, but when I was going to school (60s/70s), down here in the south, we were still saying the Pledge, because it was instituted way back in Reconstruction (after the Civil War!), in order for "rebels" to get their civil rights back. I gather than up north, the Gettyburg Address is a more popular recitation... but I still don't know it all the way thru.

Andria

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

But at least they will have a butt load of trophy's to show off during their job interviews.

At MacDonald's

VU Sponsors