Become a Patron!

22 gauge Nichrome80

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone! New to the forum. So glad I stumbled upon this place because it rocks. Theres a ton of useful and helpful information out there for anyone and just about anything vaping related. I have a question regarding this wire I picked up, (or should I say, was mislead to purchase) I only say this because at the time I was just starting out and was hardly if at all doing any builds and just wanted to pick up some 24g or 26g kanthal to start messing around with. The store manager of a local vape shop highly recommened this wire. (now I know why) just because it was the most expensive. But after purchase, I haven't been able to get it to run on any of my setups?

any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks James

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3mm ID 6/7wraps it's should be around .15 ohms

Vape On

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I forgot to mention that, sorry man. As for decks I really dont have to many right now. I have a mini buddha and a full size temple. and one stellare, which is a three post I believe, but the holes on the posts are tiny. This size wire wont even fit.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
N80 has a lower resistance per inch than Kanthal does. You'll need another wrap or 2 to get the same ohm reading as you would with Kanthal.

NiChrome80 (as the name implies) is a Nickel/Chromium alloy, and the 80 is in reference to the ratio, so N80 is 80% Nickel / 20% Chromium.

Because of the chemical composition of the wire, it can sometimes be difficult to remove all the hot spots / shorts from a contact build properly, or getting enough wraps in a spaced coil. N80 of this gauge is mainly intended for Cloud Chasers running sub-ohm and super-sub-ohm builds.

Most people commonly using N80 are using finer gauges (30+) for Claptons and the like.

What Resistance are you trying to achieve?
Cloud Chasing, or Flavor Hunting?
What builds have you attempted?

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, well the cuboid should be ab le to do it but the flask mod wont run anything under .2 ohms

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to mention that, sorry man. As for decks I really dont have to many right now. I have a mini buddha and a full size temple. and one stellare, which is a three post I believe, but the holes on the posts are tiny. This size wire wont even fit.
I was assuming you have a decent RDA

Vape On

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a little bit of both. I like good flavor but I would have to have some cloud builds as well. I have made some simple sleepers and regular coils, using kanthal and fused clapton wire.

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just getting into vaping. started to quit smoking, stayed around because it grew on me and now I enjoy it with or without nicotine. I am trying to learn as much as I can

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Temple RDA is pretty massive, and the Buddha should be fairly large too, you should be able to toss Dual 10 wrap, 3mm ID in them, roughly 0.25ohm.

Thick gauge Nichrome is hard to work with (or should I say, hard to do anything but simple coils with), so you don't have too many options unfortunately.

You could also try a slight variation (if you don't particularly like long coils).
Something like the first part of this pic. These were 16 wrap of 20ga K1, that I then split in the center and folded over to make dual chimneys per coil. This technique allows for more coil wraps in a smaller space, and I believe improves the wicking capability as opposed to running one long coil.

IMG_20150928_090033.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Temple RDA is pretty massive, and the Buddha should be fairly large too, you should be able to toss Dual 10 wrap, 3mm ID in them, roughly 0.25ohm.

Thick gauge Nichrome is hard to work with (or should I say, hard to do anything but simple coils with), so you don't have too many options unfortunately.

You could also try a slight variation (if you don't particularly like long coils).
Something like the first part of this pic. These were 16 wrap of 20ga K1, that I then split in the center and folded over to make dual chimneys per coil. This technique allows for more coil wraps in a smaller space, and I believe improves the wicking capability as opposed to running one long coil.

View attachment 43429
That's too much for him

Vape On

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take it easy bro HAHAHAHA
Damn that velocity is a chucker hah?

Yup! :D I can turn a nice sunny day cloudy in less than a minute hahahaha :p

I just need to find a longer Chuff for it, I burn my lips from time to time while chain vaping a build like this :oops:

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the nichrome wont run..it just keeps saying atomizer short..then just when I thought I had it about to fire.its atomizer low?..

Pilgrim2401

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the coils..7 wraps..wouldnt run so I threw some Claptons in there...0.27 ohms.. Good flavor

Attachments

• WP_20160311_002.jpg
    WP_20160311_002.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 4

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's saying "Atomizer Low", then the resistance is too low for the mod to fire. The Cuboid has a 0.1ohm limit, so your coils have to be at least 0.1ohm or higher to run on that mod.

What was the ID?
For a 7 Wrap Dual build, the coil ID would need to be 3mm minimum.
Try the same idea again, but with 2-3 more wraps per coil. That should get you past the 0.1ohm limit.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok..im using a 1/8" precision screwdriver..is that close to 3 mm?

Yes, that's 3mm. Try 9-10 wraps, and see if that works. If your other coils work, then there's no reason these shouldn't either (we know it's not an RDA or Mod issue).

VU Sponsors