Become a Patron!

25R's

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Recently saw 25R's for sale recently for just under $4. I think it was an email that I deleted. I remember it was a vape gear site not a battery dealer like Liion. Do you know? Help me find inexpensive batteries I need 10. Please and thank you. Peace out all.
Rick

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It was early may. They were 3.44 a pc.
Screenshot_20200616-154533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for your responses. I ordered from 18650 battery store. I ordered 4 vct5 a's and 6 25R's for $56 and change delivered. Pretty good if I do say so myself. My b&m has vct5a's for $15 plus tax each. The last battery I bought was a ijoy 20700 @ $22 plus tax. My order will come with casses and battery wraps, so yeah I am pleased. I will have them in 2-4 days. Maybe, I expect delays in our current situation. Thanks again, peace and love to all.
Rick

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not a problem.
Delays are being more the norm. I have diy supplies at fed ex since friday. Why they haven't delivered it yet is beyond me or common sense. Lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised no one asked you the intended use of the batteries... apologies I didn't see this earlier, I would of asked and then helped with locating quality batteries that fit your needs and were more recent variety.

Don't get me wrong, the batteries you chose are good, its just there are others out there now similarly priced and better.

For instance... 10 Molicel P26As which mooch tested better than both the 25R and VTC5A ranges from $4.85-4.99 each... or $48.50/49.99@10

upload_2020-6-17_7-50-47.png

Again, I do apologize I didn't see this sooner.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you. I know I got "old school" batteries. To me they are tried and true. I am familiar and comfortable with their abilities. 4 vct5a's are for a HoG and the 25R's are for various regulated mods which basically are run at usually mu much less than 100 watta. These are back ups and second sets. Overall I am satisfied. Thank you for your suggestions and recommendation. Have a safe week.
Rick

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
the 25R's are for various regulated mods which basically are run at usually mu much less than 100 watta.
For that I use 30Q's, for the run tine, can actually go as high as 18A, a great battery in that regard. Less charging, less cycling.
Otherwise if I need more amps from an 18650 I use P26A for the same reasons. I have no need for 20S as I don't vape that high on a singe 18650.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I know I got "old school" batteries. To me they are tried and true. I am familiar and comfortable with their abilities. 4 vct5a's are for a HoG and the 25R's are for various regulated mods which basically are run at usually mu much less than 100 watta. These are back ups and second sets. Overall I am satisfied. Thank you for your suggestions and recommendation. Have a safe week.
Rick
Having to charge it more frequently (i.e. due to it giving you less vaping time) also means there will be extra wear and tear caused on the battery. The price gap between the Samsung 25R and the Molicel P26A with the former being currently on sale is still only $1.41 so 41% more expensive, BUT... at 10A continuous discharge down to 3.2V (i.e. vaping at only ~60 watts on a dual battery regulated mod), the former only delivers about 7.2Wh versus 7.8Wh for the latter (versus 7.53Wh for the Samsung 30Q) so, at that kind of wattage, this equates to the P26A being only ~33% more expensive─not 41% more expensive─in the long run. Granted, in the example I gave, this difference is still more than a buck per battery, but you will be enjoying that little bit of extra vaping time for a very, VERY long time to come, and, the higher you go above 60 watts on a dual battery regulated mod, the poorer the decision of going for the 25R will become. So, even if you run them at much less than 100 watts per pair, skimping on your batteries in this manner is not actually worth the trouble of changing out the batteries more frequently causing extra wear on the battery door and contacts of the mod. That is, excepting only maybe if a one buck difference per battery forces you to eat Top Ramen for a week. (Which, hopefully, you don't have to.)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
May depend on how much <100w. I get much more run time <60w with 30Q - vs P26A.
I can't say about 60+w in actual vaping because I don't I don't use either for that.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes I see there are a lot of Molici fan boy's and girl's. I have the same I 25R's I bought with my Rx300. Both batteries and mod have over 200,000 puffs on them and neither show any signs of slowing down. So... I'm good, thank you.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Having to charge it more frequently (i.e. due to it giving you less vaping time) also means there will be extra wear and tear caused on the battery. The price gap between the Samsung 25R and the Molicel P26A with the former being currently on sale is still only $1.41 so 41% more expensive, BUT... at 10A continuous discharge down to 3.2V (i.e. vaping at only ~60 watts on a dual battery regulated mod), the former only delivers about 7.2Wh versus 7.8Wh for the latter (versus 7.53Wh for the Samsung 30Q) so, at that kind of wattage, this equates to the P26A being only ~33% more expensive─not 41% more expensive─in the long run. Granted, in the example I gave, this difference is still more than a buck per battery, but you will be enjoying that little bit of extra vaping time for a very, VERY long time to come, and, the higher you go above 60 watts on a dual battery regulated mod, the poorer the decision of going for the 25R will become. So, even if you run them at much less than 100 watts per pair, skimping on your batteries in this manner is not actually worth the trouble of changing out the batteries more frequently causing extra wear on the battery door and contacts of the mod. That is, excepting only maybe if a one buck difference per battery forces you to eat Top Ramen for a week. (Which, hopefully, you don't have to.)
I get it you work for, I mean perfer Molici. It is great that we can show product loyalty and not be judged by it. Also awesome that we can spend our extra dollars any way we choose. Have a great day.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get it you work for, I mean perfer Molici. It is great that we can show product loyalty and not be judged by it. Also awesome that we can spend our extra dollars any way we choose. Have a great day.
No, I don't. They (Molicel) simply aren't the best choice for how I like to vape, which is mech only─with the very rare exception of a true PWM mod (Surric X-Vault). I pretty much stick to using only the Samsung 20S (30A CDR) and 30T (35A CDR), the Sanyo NCR2070C (30A CDR), and the iJoy 26650 (30A CDR). Once in a blue moon I'll feel nerdy enough to use the A123 Systems ANR26650M1-B (30A CDR) in one of my 26650 stacked mechs (Purge Executioner, Vapergate×Broadside "The 99") or do something else peculiar, like, taming a hot build on a stacked 20700 mech by choosing a softer hitting 20700 battery (the Vapcell gold 20700 or the iJoy rewrap of the Molicel INR-20700A), for example... just because I can. :D

The only reason why the Molicel P26A is a better choice for vaping at medium-low wattages (in the 60 watts region) on a dual 18650 regulated mod is simply because Mooch's test results don't lie. The Wh ratings are highly representative of the vaping time you get on a regulated mod so that's why I gave you these numbers from Mooch: it's because 7.8Wh (P26A) > 7.53Wh (30Q) > about 7.2Wh (25R). And, that is still very much regardless of what anyone chooses to believe vs not.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May depend on how much <100w. I get much more run time <60w with 30Q - vs P26A.
I can't say about 60+w in actual vaping because I don't I don't use either for that.
Yeah, if you are more than just a few watts below 60 watts on a dual 18650 regulated, that's when the 30Q gives more vaping time than the P26A. This also means that there simply is no wattage number at which the 25R can get reasonably close to either one of these two choices, so the only sensible reason to still buy the 25R right now is if you live in a place where availability is the problem or if your budget actually is forcing you to.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, if you are more than just a few watts below 60 watts on a dual 18650 regulated, that's when the 30Q gives more vaping time than the P26A. This also means that there simply is no wattage number at which the 25R can get reasonably close to either one of these two choices, so the only sensible reason to still buy the 25R right now is if you live in a place where availability is the problem or if your budget actually is forcing you to.
I agree but I also respect the OP's decision on what they like and are comfortable with. It's not a wrong choice.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree but I also respect the OP's decision on what they like and are comfortable with. It's not a wrong choice.
That's what I said. But shooting the messenger is still nevertheless wrong, as the information I gave is not merely a subjective opinion of mine so, basically, the OP should blame Mooch for the fact Mooch has it painfully right... instead of calling me Molishill. ?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I don't. They (Molicel) simply aren't the best choice for how I like to vape, which is mech only─with the very rare exception of a true PWM mod (Surric X-Vault). I pretty much stick to using only the Samsung 20S (30A CDR) and 30T (35A CDR), the Sanyo NCR2070C (30A CDR), and the iJoy 26650 (30A CDR). Once in a blue moon I'll feel nerdy enough to use the A123 Systems ANR26650M1-B (30A CDR) in one of my 26650 stacked mechs (Purge Executioner, Vapergate×Broadside "The 99") or do something else peculiar, like, taming a hot build on a stacked 20700 mech by choosing a softer hitting 20700 battery (the Vapcell gold 20700 or the iJoy rewrap of the Molicel INR-20700A), for example... just because I can. :D

The only reason why the Molicel P26A is a better choice for vaping at medium-low wattages (in the 60 watts region) on a dual 18650 regulated mod is simply because Mooch's test results don't lie. The Wh ratings are highly representative of the vaping time you get on a regulated mod so that's why I gave you these numbers from Mooch: it's because 7.8Wh (P26A) > 7.53Wh (30Q) > about 7.2Wh (25R). And, that is still very much regardless of what anyone chooses to believe vs not.
You know I would not mind talking PMW's with you. I know from previous posts that you are partial to true PMW mods. I believe I would enjoy the experience as I. have heard it described as unique or different. With the slight pulsing and so on.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know I would not mind talking PMW's with you. I know from previous posts that you are partial to true PMW mods. I believe I would enjoy the experience as I. have heard it described as unique or different. With the slight pulsing and so on.
It's PWM, not PMW, and, in fact there's only one of them that I own (my other one being just an identical backup in a different color). I got my Surric Vapes "X-Vault" Timeless Edition mods for 190 Euros each, not too long before a whole bunch of people on here started to pick up on─just another old hype that once was─the cheap and vastly inferior Hexohm 2.1 :p

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for correcting. Perhaps it is the adult beverage as I do know it is PWM just the connection between my brain and hands is impared. There is much I do not know about PWM I have no experience. I was disappointed to find out the Steam Crave mod (is that it?) was not a real PWM mod. Idk my info mat be wrong. But the Hexohm's are a mod I have wanted for a good minute.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for correcting. Perhaps it is the adult beverage as I do know it is PWM just the connection between my brain and hands is impared. There is much I do not know about PWM I have no experience. I was disappointed to find out the Steam Crave mod (is that it?) was not a real PWM mod. Idk my info mat be wrong. But the Hexohm's are a mod I have wanted for a good minute.
No problemo. Adult beverage once caused me to lose my drip tip and took half a day of searching in the parking lot to finally get it back, but anyway. lol A true PWM mod like the X-Vault feels fairly similar to a mech in pure terms of the vape experience, or how it can be used to make powerful coils ramp up vigorously giving it that aggressiveness characteristic that many mech users (myself included) are so extremely passionate about, and that very often gets mistakenly confounded with cloud chasing, when the reality is that every chef in the top culinary world will tell you that the actual feel (i.e. warmth, wetness, density, texture, etc.) all are equally as paramount as the flavor part of the equation. I am capable to actually feel the coils ramp up with every hit I take, and, this is how tapering the strength of my draw has become like second nature to me: feeling the coils ramp up is what turns my brain into the type of Temperature Control that is multiple times more accurate than even the Dicodes Dani Box 21700 DLC can ever be.

VU Sponsors