Become a Patron!

26650 Kick adapter?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who makes kick tubes to fit inside 26650 mechs? Else has anyone managed to rig something together?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Who makes kick tubes to fit inside 26650 mechs? Else has anyone managed to rig something together?

Thats a really great idea.

If it has not already been done, it most likely will be shortly.

Or a Kick clone sized for the 26650.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't they make adapter tubes to allow you to use 18650's in 26650 mods? Perhaps said tube with an 18500 and a kick it???

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't they make adapter tubes to allow you to use 18650's in 26650 mods? Perhaps said tube with an 18500 and a kick it???
Those tubes that screw on top aren't very attractive and not all kicks fit them. I think there are 4 different manufactures of kicks?

Edit: sorry. Misread you post.

Wow. A 26650 reduced to an 18500! That would be like having your balls chopped off.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm talking about the ones that go inside the tube essentially shrinking the internal diameter down to house an 18650 nicely. I don't own a 26650 mod. Is there room for a kick and a 26650 in some of them?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No not in mine. But my hades unscrews at the top. So someone lathe savvy could make a piece that screws between the top part and the main body

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No not in mine. But my hades unscrews at the top. So someone lathe savvy could make a piece that screws between the top part and the main body
I see. I'm sure someone will make one. :) I'd like to see a new 26650 kick which is 30w capable!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those tubes that screw on top aren't very attractive and not all kicks fit them. I think there are 4 different manufactures of kicks?

Edit: sorry. Misread you post.

Wow. A 26650 reduced to an 18500! That would be like having your balls chopped off.
Agreed. Not sure why they even make these things. Guess if your in a pinch and all you have is 18xxx batteries it could be a lifesaver?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just realised as I'm going to type this that it's going to be one of those vague replies lol. I've seen something on the web of this guy who made an inner ring which houses a kick but not sure if a 26650 still fitted in it. He makes them for some people but might've stopped and I can't remember who it was o_O

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There is a simple solution to all of this.

Duct Tape!

Need I say more?

Spiralnebel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sascha rus from austria, the modder of the godzilla and the jfk, build once a brass kick ring for the congestus.
its a simple ring with a hex screw to fix the kick that fits perfect inside the congestus

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I found sascha's ring. It looks very smooth and a really good fit o_O It led me to his fb group. It's still only for a telescopic mech tho. It looks telescopic anyway

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Didn't think of that! Silly idea anyway... :) Nice catch!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to admit that it went over the top of my head too ... and I'm very clever hahaha :confused:

VU Sponsors