Become a Patron!

28 years old smoker saved by his own kids

Hi Folks

My name is Nadeem Hassan and I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I did not know there was a forum for us vapers :) But here I am and here I am to stay. (Good to be a part of an active community) The admins I must say are doing a fantastic job.

Now the story. I had been an active a pack and a half (30 cigs per day) smoker for 28 long years. In the recent 2 years I was struggling with my breath. Basically I work for a camera manufacturing company and arrange all sorts of "Photo Walks" & "Photo Workshops" and that requires me to travel mostly to the northern parts of Pakistan, which by the way is the most beautiful place on earth (I have travelled to a lot of countries; hence the comparison :) Anyways I always felt short of breath walking upstream the mountains and on altitudes as high as 15,528ft. I was unable to take 5 steps upstrems at one time. But I am an hardcore person by nature so the 5 steps did not keep me from going to high altitudes.

Apart from this problem I had continious coughing problems for which I always thought to be the "smokers' cough" and would turn to a doctor or to a pharmacy (You can directly buy antibiotics or other medicines from Pharmacies in Pakistan without any doctors' precribtion) and get away from the cough for a short duration of time. But after sometime the cough would develop again and I had to go through my practice of obtaining the "cough syrups" from the pharmacy and so on and on.

For this condition of mine, my kids (I have three adorable kids) and my wife were very concerned and wanted me to quit smoking. I myself felt the need to quit on numerous occassion and tried but failed miserably every time. So my eldest son (I call him Johny) is the smart kid in da house, came up with his research on vaping. And he, along with the other in my home insisted that I try vaping. To this I simply said a big "NO" and carried out on my regular routine of smoking. But they insisted even more. So I told them that I would give it a try only if they bought it for me and that I am not willing to invest in something stupid as vaping. So they broke their piggie banks, collected all their pocket monies and ordered a device called "Switch" which is very similar to "Juul". I gave it a try and I was impressed with the satisfying throat hit that it gave me, but I continued to smoke about 8 to 10 ciggerettes a day along with it.

Then as I am a research freak; I started to research on vaping on the internet and was shocked to read about all the testimonies of people doing it and the benifits they had gained. And in about as week I had invested more than $300 on pods, tanks and e-liquids and had quit smoking altogether and went all-in with vaping.

Today is the 9th day that I am smoke free and I owe it big time to my family especially my kids. They have been a blessing to me for making me switch to vaping.

My message; "always love your family and respect and regard their decissions and suggestions".

Cheers !!!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome- :wave:

Thanks for sharing your great story and congrats on your quit smoking journey with vaping!
You are lucky to have a great and caring family!
Stay strong- you can do this!
:hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Congrats. :)

Not used the Switch device myself. Hope it is doing well for you. You might perhaps like something different. There are devices that do not rely on disposable pods. You then only pay for your juice and may even start making your own.

Feel free to ask some of us about different devices in your exploring. We're glad to help guide people to something they enjoy using. :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi Folks

My name is Nadeem Hassan and I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I did not know there was a forum for us vapers :) But here I am and here I am to stay. (Good to be a part of an active community) The admins I must say are doing a fantastic job.

Now the story. I had been an active a pack and a half (30 cigs per day) smoker for 28 long years. In the recent 2 years I was struggling with my breath. Basically I work for a camera manufacturing company and arrange all sorts of "Photo Walks" & "Photo Workshops" and that requires me to travel mostly to the northern parts of Pakistan, which by the way is the most beautiful place on earth (I have travelled to a lot of countries; hence the comparison :) Anyways I always felt short of breath walking upstream the mountains and on altitudes as high as 15,528ft. I was unable to take 5 steps upstrems at one time. But I am an hardcore person by nature so the 5 steps did not keep me from going to high altitudes.

Apart from this problem I had continious coughing problems for which I always thought to be the "smokers' cough" and would turn to a doctor or to a pharmacy (You can directly buy antibiotics or other medicines from Pharmacies in Pakistan without any doctors' precribtion) and get away from the cough for a short duration of time. But after sometime the cough would develop again and I had to go through my practice of obtaining the "cough syrups" from the pharmacy and so on and on.

For this condition of mine, my kids (I have three adorable kids) and my wife were very concerned and wanted me to quit smoking. I myself felt the need to quit on numerous occassion and tried but failed miserably every time. So my eldest son (I call him Johny) is the smart kid in da house, came up with his research on vaping. And he, along with the other in my home insisted that I try vaping. To this I simply said a big "NO" and carried out on my regular routine of smoking. But they insisted even more. So I told them that I would give it a try only if they bought it for me and that I am not willing to invest in something stupid as vaping. So they broke their piggie banks, collected all their pocket monies and ordered a device called "Switch" which is very similar to "Juul". I gave it a try and I was impressed with the satisfying throat hit that it gave me, but I continued to smoke about 8 to 10 ciggerettes a day along with it.

Then as I am a research freak; I started to research on vaping on the internet and was shocked to read about all the testimonies of people doing it and the benifits they had gained. And in about as week I had invested more than $300 on pods, tanks and e-liquids and had quit smoking altogether and went all-in with vaping.

Today is the 9th day that I am smoke free and I owe it big time to my family especially my kids. They have been a blessing to me for making me switch to vaping.

My message; "always love your family and respect and regard their decissions and suggestions".

Cheers !!!

Congratulations and welcome to VU :wave:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Great story and you have great kids! I hope you fill up those piggy banks with the money you save from vaping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations and Welcome~! I hope you enjoy your stay and I found the roughest part was getting past the 1st 2 weeks. Good Luck~!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the Forum:wave:

Congratulations on making the switch.

Hi Folks

Cheers !!![/Q

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
assalam alaikum. my dad spent 3 years in Pakistan running back and forth from pakistan and india. sorry bro but i think my dad played a really big part in ruining your health. (he worked for cig company and made sure they became the number 1 selling brand in pakistan and india)

good to know your on the right track and right path.

my dad from hong kong, he always said that usa was his first home as it gave him opportunity and pakistan was his 2nd cuz he was suppose to have his career buried there but instead he turn it around and mostly importantly he met the best ppl there (not sure if he still a member of SIND club).

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulation's and Welcome

VU Sponsors