Become a Patron!

2JNT Pilak Tycoon

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone use/own one?
I pulled the trigger on one, not sure when it will be in hand.
I like the idea that 30mm attys fit with 0 overhang and the contacts are solid and (above all) make and break is NOT made on the battery terminals! Looks like a beast.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone use/own one?
I pulled the trigger on one, not sure when it will be in hand.
I like the idea that 30mm attys fit with 0 overhang and the contacts are solid and (above all) make and break is NOT made on the battery terminals! Looks like a beast.
I love my Pilak's, they are the hardest hitting and smoothest vape of any mod I've owned or have vaped on.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mind spending $$$ on a well made box. Just from what I've seen so far these fit the bill.
As for hard hitting, I have to say I picked up a dreamer in polished SS and with a 30T 21700, that's gotta be the hardest hitting $95 tube ever! It beats the $350 Duvo Apex but (of course) it isn't exactly fair since the Apex won't chamber a 21700. My Purge Enforcer does, and it's very close.

All that said, I love the side fire design with no make and break occurring on the battery terminals. Honestly, I cannot wait to rip on it!

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really wish they would come out with a serial mod (unless they have and I'm unaware of it)
I want one so bad but I just don't like single cell mods anymore. Something without all of the ultem like a silver stacked tube... man I would drop a grand on something like that. On second thought maybe it would be better if they don't ever make a mod like I am describing.

That tycoon is a sexy mod tho. I am a little jealous. Report back once you get it and let us know how awesome it is.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't mind spending $$$ on a well made box. Just from what I've seen so far these fit the bill.
As for hard hitting, I have to say I picked up a dreamer in polished SS and with a 30T 21700, that's gotta be the hardest hitting $95 tube ever! It beats the $350 Duvo Apex but (of course) it isn't exactly fair since the Apex won't chamber a 21700. My Purge Enforcer does, and it's very close.

All that said, I love the side fire design with no make and break occurring on the battery terminals. Honestly, I cannot wait to rip on it!

What is make and break?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make and break is where the switch makes and breaks contact. Most mods have a firing pin that touches the battery terminal directly. Arcing occurs when the switch is released. This is what pits up the battery terminals. Low builds will augment arcing as will slower releases of buttons especially with lighter throw springs or weaker magnets if the switch is based on magnets. Off the top of my head other mechs that don't have direct battery contact make and break would be the sub ohm innovations and broadside designs.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updated, looks like 1-2 week wait. If they really never make them again I'd say it's worth it. Then again I have to wonder why such a limited run. It's not that avant-garde of a product!

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updated, looks like 1-2 week wait. If they really never make them again I'd say it's worth it. Then again I have to wonder why such a limited run. It's not that avant-garde of a product!
You'll see why it's worth when you get it along with it being well worth the wait.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still waiting, hopefully it will be in my hands sometime this week. (fingers crossed)
I also should, this week, have in my hands a Purge Slam Piece, also a short, side firing mod.
The SP takes (up to) a 21700 cell, the Tycoon 20700. Also, 2JNT is starting production on a 21700 Tycoon!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You are about to fall in love. Have the Pilak and it is the smoothest mod I have ever used.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOLY SHIT NICKELS!
It came today. I have the feeling that I've touched the tip of the iceberg but this thing is crazy!
It's smooth, yes but holy shit this thing RIPS like crazy! I have a comp build (twisted Ni90 23G x2 3mm 5 wrap) at legal comp limit of 0.08~80 milliohms on the Agilent bench and with the iJoy five tab topped off it rips crazy good! Damn the hype is true. Guys I'm not the type that's easily impressed but this thing is a game changer indeed. And you can tell the builder takes their time making them too.

I started out with a modest .11 build on a Goon 1.5. I vape this frequently on my Purge mods because it's gold and goes nice with brass tubes. Pressed the button and it's so smooth and density is superb. The other build I described earlier is on an Armageddon Elite II and it's ridiculous. I usually don't get nic'd out like this unless its on a series box. Damn, it's that good! More to come!

The Slam Piece is coming and probably will be in my hands early next week. I will be really impressed if it's 80% as good as the Tycoon!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not the one to say I told you so but, I told you you so!

Yes Pilak's IMO exceed the hype.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They really are very nice mods and they work tremendously well. I would love to see a solid silver parallel box mod from them.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes parallel would be insane for sure. Just for the sake of long battery life. Series would be over the top!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They really are very nice mods and they work tremendously well. I would love to see a solid silver parallel box mod from them.
You mean like this?

The Panther is awesome

4f969748d2276041a310f0f70116573c.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You mean like this?

The Panther is awesome

4f969748d2276041a310f0f70116573c.jpg

Yep, I mean exactly like that. Going to have to check that out. Parallels are my favorite. Would love to have a 2JNT in parallel.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I mean exactly like that. Going to have to check that out. Parallels are my favorite. Would love to have a 2JNT in parallel.
I've seen one come up for sale every now and again so keep your eyes open you might find one.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silver to silver FTW. This thing is crazy. No more arc marks on batteries as well.
Yeah you hear a lot of smack that there's no difference in material that the only thing that matters is the contacts. I've got a rather large collection of Mechs and a number with pure silver contacts and springs, they still don't hit as smooth or hard as my Pilak's.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Ignore the song name.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If someone would be so kind as to PM me a retailer with Tycoons available I’d be grateful. I can locate Royal Flushes but no Tycoons <sadface>.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If someone would be so kind as to PM me a retailer with Tycoons available I’d be grateful. I can locate Royal Flushes but no Tycoons <sadface>.
They're limited runs so you'll have a challenge finding older ones. If you're on Facebook join the 2JNT and the 2JNT Owners Group, sometime someone has one they are willing to part with.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no more Tycoons. Mine was the last one made. However, as the saying goes, "good things comes to those who wait". Wait for what? 21700 Tycoon, of course! And most users aren't parting with theirs.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes those amazing 30Ts hit incredible on my Enforcer.
I have a SS316L build on a dead rabbit RDA my wife was using. It was on the Purge B2B tube with an iJoy 20700 five tab cell. Decent vape with good density and plenty warm.
The same build on the Tycoon is nearly un-vapable! A pull longer than 1 full second is burnt. With the same battery.
That should tell you something because the B2B is hardly a slouch!

Yellowhorse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For those that didn't know, 2JNT made a High Roller V2 that uses 21700 batteries and can be configured in single or series. Here my #000 High Roller V2 with the #000 extension tube and a Hari DOS V2 RDA #0000. Solid silver from top to bottom. New/never used ... and for sale. Yes, it's expensive.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=pcb.2302111223377929&type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=pcb.2318556441733407&type=3&theater&ifg=1

links not working.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Both links are working perfectly for me. Both are from the FB 2JNT Group page.

So what do you want for it? If you are selling it you have to post the price.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Newest one to my collection. They killed it! Just absolutely superb craftsmanship and finish. The button is so smooth. Have it paired up with the Dani v2 RDA with a modest set of twisted 316L coils. I need to readjust them as they are a bit too close to the drip tip for my liking (gets too hot too fast!). The hard hitting power is quite amazing but being so smooth as well.

kU36J33.jpg

VU Sponsors