Become a Patron!

3 Facts About Flu Vaccines

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are allowed to use Mercury to supposedly preserve the vaccine.....unfucking believable......
I am still trying to figure out what the aluminum in the vaccine is for, other that to make you sicker

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I heard a long time ago that after age 49, the efficacy of the flu vaccine drops immediately by 50%, and goes down more, every year thereafter. So if it's only 40% effective, BEST case scenario, then at my age (57) it's less than 20% effective; maybe about 15%. I had been considering getting a flu shot, after that horrible flu back in Feb, but now, no way. What would be the point?

However given my age and asthma, I'm thinking that I'm a terrific candidate for both the pneumonia vaccines. That thing about mercury is nothing but a "boo!" dreamed up by those who don't want to pay to get their children vaccinated, who ought to be imprisoned and their children taken from them, for such lamentable parenting, such lamentable HUMANing; the amount of mercury in vaccines is less than if you ate a can of tuna every week. And I think I'd probably like to get the shingles vaccine; I suffered the dread chicken pox as a child, and given the itching hell I already go thru with eczema, I really don't need worse.

But the flu vaccine? Please. You'd do better to wear a bandana on your face when you go out in public.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I heard a long time ago that after age 49, the efficacy of the flu vaccine drops immediately by 50%, and goes down more, every year thereafter. So if it's only 40% effective, BEST case scenario, then at my age (57) it's less than 20% effective; maybe about 15%. I had been considering getting a flu shot, after that horrible flu back in Feb, but now, no way. What would be the point?

However given my age and asthma, I'm thinking that I'm a terrific candidate for both the pneumonia vaccines. That thing about mercury is nothing but a "boo!" dreamed up by those who don't want to pay to get their children vaccinated, who ought to be imprisoned and their children taken from them, for such lamentable parenting, such lamentable HUMANing; the amount of mercury in vaccines is less than if you ate a can of tuna every week. And I think I'd probably like to get the shingles vaccine; I suffered the dread chicken pox as a child, and given the itching hell I already go thru with eczema, I really don't need worse.

But the flu vaccine? Please. You'd do better to wear a bandana on your face when you go out in public.

Andria
You been watching too much CNN.......:giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure let her get Pneumonia after getting the vaccine................

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That thing about mercury is nothing but a "boo!" dreamed up by those who don't want to pay to get their children vaccinated, who ought to be imprisoned and their children taken from them, for such lamentable parenting, such lamentable HUMANing; the amount of mercury in vaccines is less than if you ate a can of tuna every week.

I won't eat the tuna either - or any "food" out of a can :blech: Pure poison!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Ok, even "IF" the mercury was really only as little as you think, then you take that can of tuna every week and add the aluminum and the formaldehyde and a host of others including poly sorbate 80 , just isn't the road that I want to go down

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can go to cdc.gov recipient table and it will tell you whats in any vaccine and how much of those ingredient are in there.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You been watching too much CNN.......:giggle:

I NEVER watch CNN, or, as my dad called it, "Al Jazeira West". :giggle: In fact I never watch the "news" at all, since it isn't. It's just pretty people reading a teleprompter of whatever their paymasters want the world to know, to hook people long enough to get them to view the ADVERTISING. That's all any TV is, just a way to rope people into watching commercials -- thank god for DVRs!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, even "IF" the mercury was really only as little as you think, then you take that can of tuna every week and add the aluminum and the formaldehyde and a host of others including poly sorbate 80 , just isn't the road that I want to go down

I'm just not that paranoid.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One year in the Air Force they forced us to take flu shots. Probably 75% came down with the flu.

I'm just getting over a bout of it now. It started Friday and the last 5 days have been rough. It's the worst I've had in many years.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds more like malpractice on the part of the doc who gave him an UNNECESSARY vaccine, than the vaccine itself. Anyone administering UNNECESSARY medication of ANY kind should be sued for malpractice.

Seems to me that vaccines should be used for ailments that can be fatal in their own right -- smallpox, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, etc. For other maladies, it may be best to just let nature run its course. And as horrible as flu can be, I think flu falls into that category. There aren't many flu strains like 1918's Spanish Flu that caused the fatal immune cascade.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't eat the tuna either - or any "food" out of a can :blech: Pure poison!

many waters in KY are just now getting safer to eat fish from more than once a month because of mercury And PCB's and the like in them.
Heck some you can eat as often as once a week maybe. Mostly about 6 times a year...
This is due to efforts of the clean air act and EPA and fewer coal fired power plants as a result.

the following link can be interesting reading if you think it is safe to eat fresh caught fish in KY.

https://fw.ky.gov/Fish/Pages/Fish-Consumption-Advisories.aspx

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
many waters in KY are just now getting safer to eat fish from more than once a month because of mercury And PCB's and the like in them.
Heck some you can eat as often as once a week maybe. Mostly about 6 times a year...
This is due to efforts of the clean air act and EPA and fewer coal fired power plants as a result.

the following link can be interesting reading if you think it is safe to eat fresh caught fish in KY.

https://fw.ky.gov/Fish/Pages/Fish-Consumption-Advisories.aspx
It's sad that you even have to worry about this in the first place but it has become a fact of our times. And people wonder why they get debilitating diseases that run rampant in this country.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's sad that you even have to worry about this in the first place but it has become a fact of our times. And people wonder why they get debilitating diseases that rampant in this country.
How can we expect to be healthy when we pollute our nest?
We must be good stewards of our land and bodies.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
81163f9a350c91d2fd0cce77b5d0d647c403457ace185ae272478a65b007635a.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I just like getting shots:p

I just got my Tetanus shot and by accident they also gave me the Super Duper 65 Plus shot.

My "Naughty Bits" seem to be OK so no complaints from me.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They are allowed to use Mercury to supposedly preserve the vaccine.....unfucking believable......

Thimerosal =\= Mercury, as table salt NaCl =\= chlorine

Single dose vials of flu vaccine are available without thimerosal, if the above isn't enough for you

Does the article share the fact that the flu vaccine reduces the occurence of Flu in the entire population (that means, including people who Don't get the vaccine) by 40-60% each year?

I'm not going to argue beyond that - don't confuse conspiracists with the facts, their minds are already made up and all that.

Chem trails, end of the world survivalism, those guys can go on in their crazy world of paranoia, I'll leave them to it.

Stuff like this does bug me though, cause like I said, flu vaccines help people who Don't get one to avoid the flu. You're welcome.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
At concentrations found in vaccines, thimerosal meets the requirements for a preservative as set forth by the United States Pharmacopeia; that is, it kills the specified challenge organisms and is able to prevent the growth of the challenge fungi (U.S. Pharmacopeia 2004). Thimerosal in concentrations of 0.001% (1 part in 100,000) to 0.01% (1 part in 10,000) has been shown to be effective in clearing a broad spectrum of pathogens. A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 mL dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose. For comparison, this is roughly the same amount of elemental mercury contained in a 3 ounce can of tuna fish

FDA-approved seasonal influenza vaccines are available in single-dose presentations that do not contain thimerosal as a preservative for use in infants, children, adults, the elderly and pregnant women. (Note- one vaccine, Fluvirin’s single-dose presentation utilizes thimerosal as part of its manufacturing process, not as a preservative, and a trace remains in the final presentation). Vaccines with trace amounts of thimerosal contain 1 microgram or less of mercury per dose.

From the FDA website, I know, I know, you all hate the FDA and will probably dismiss it as rubbish - but I tried my best! :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My son got the flu shot about 3 wks ago. Last night he had to go to urgent care at Kaiser Permanente because he was running a fever of 102.9. They say he has the flu. :facepalm:

I ain't wasting MY money on a flu shot. At my age, it would be a TOTAL waste of money. But I probably will get both pneumonia vaccines, due to my age, and my asthma.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thimerosal =\= Mercury, as table salt NaCl =\= chlorine

Single dose vials of flu vaccine are available without thimerosal, if the above isn't enough for you

Does the article share the fact that the flu vaccine reduces the occurence of Flu in the entire population (that means, including people who Don't get the vaccine) by 40-60% each year?

I'm not going to argue beyond that - don't confuse conspiracists with the facts, their minds are already made up and all that.

Chem trails, end of the world survivalism, those guys can go on in their crazy world of paranoia, I'll leave them to it.

Stuff like this does bug me though, cause like I said, flu vaccines help people who Don't get one to avoid the flu. You're welcome.

It does not reduce the actual occurrence - it can reduce the chance of contacting the disease that leads to the need for medical assistance -

Last year 80,000 people died of flu in the US - the highest number in 40 years - yes, according to the CDC. Last year the shot was only 38 % effective overall once the final numbers were released

Avoiding FDA approved eating habits will go a long ways towards keeping yourself in good health which is a huge disease deterrent - whether communicable or chronic

My son got the flu shot about 3 wks ago. Last night he had to go to urgent care at Kaiser Permanente because he was running a fever of 102.9. They say he has the flu.

I got the flu after flu shots two years running, about 15 years ago, and have since refused the shot period and have not had the flu since then

They are free where I live, to anyone and everyone

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It does not reduce the actual occurrence - it can reduce the chance of contacting the disease that leads to the need for medical assistance -

Last year 80,000 people died of flu in the US - the highest number in 40 years - yes, according to the CDC. Last year the shot was only 38 % effective overall once the final numbers were released

Avoiding FDA approved eating habits will go a long ways towards keeping yourself in good health which is a huge disease deterrent - whether communicable or chronic

I got the flu after flu shots two years running, about 15 years ago, and have since refused the shot period and have not had the flu since then

They are free where I live, to anyone and everyone

I've also suffered flu AFTER receiving a flu shot. I think it's just another scam perpetrated by BP/FDA/CDC to get MONEY! They're not free here! When I told my doc that no, I would not be getting a flu shot because the stats say that after age 49, the efficacy of the flu shot decreases by 50% from whatever low figure it was already, and gets steadily less effective with each additional year of age. He says "Well, I always get a flu shot." I'm thinking, yeah, because you're a tool of BP's money machine... but of course I didn't say that.

I agree about avoiding WHATEVER the FDA recommends, because they're wrong at least 80% of the time. I suffered last year's flu. It wasn't much fun, and I ended up with a secondary bronchial infection... but at no time was I even close to death. Could that be because I STAYED MY ASS AT HOME IN BED AND DIDN'T TRY TO ACT LIKE I WASN'T SICK BY TAKING THAT THERAFLU SHIT????????? :facepalm:

As for other vaccines, I agree that the Flat Earthers are having a hissyfit about something that has improved the quality AND QUANTITY of life for BILLIONS, and they should be forced to take vaccination for themselves and their children for lethal diseases, no excuses tolerated. But I also know that giving anyone UNNECESSARY meds for ANYTHING is a terrible idea and should qualify that quack for an immediate malpractice suit.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck your flu shots......sometimes I think that things like colds and flus are nature's way of telling people to sit down and shut up, and spend sometime with yourself and your own thoughts...I really can't see how shooting yourself full of snake oil and witche's brew is going to help you build a stronger immune system...and those shots don't seem to do much for old people anyways.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People themselves could prevent themselves from getting the flu more than getting injected with "their" poison by watching what they touch and WASHING THEIR HANDS MORE OFTEN, especially when going to stores during the flu season.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
People themselves could prevent themselves from getting the flu more than getting injected with "their" poison by watching what they touch and WASHING THEIR HANDS MORE OFTEN, especially when going to stores during the flu season.

Ain't that the truth! And no, that "hand sanitizer": shit ain't any kind of reasonable substitute -- There's a real nasty infection you can get from hospitals and other "healthcare" places, called clostridium difficile, or "c.diff" for short -- it's utterly impervious to most if not all antibiotics, and so far the only treatment that has shown any sign of treating it successfully is "fecal transplant" -- they put someone else's shit into your colon! And do you know, that nasty microbe is also impervious to alcohol -- the only "normal" disinfectant that will kill it is BLEACH. Well, they don't put bleach in that hand sanitizer shit, they use alcohol. Even soap and hot water is more effective on that microbe than alcohol!

I wish public health would go back to doing something useful, like PSAs for handwashing, instead of all this utter bullshit about vaping. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Notice how neither "nicotine" nor "vaping" is on that list at all... but it's an epidemic, I tell ya! :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And all that hand shaking in churches and such.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And all that hand shaking in churches and such.

And AA meetings! But I prefer that to all the damned hugging going on at NA meetings. I ain't shaking hands OR hugging strangers; I tell them I have a cold. They back up 3-5 paces and thank me for the heads up, which suits me JUST FINE.

Andria

VU Sponsors